PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR 4 for PF

codeseven7
12-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Just got TrackIR 4 for my Birthday (12/28). Being that IL2/PF is not native to TrackIR, is there a good Tutorial for setting it up in PF?...ie. I double clicked the TrackIR Mouse Emulation Exe, but no joy?... Tully? Thanks

codeseven

codeseven7
12-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Just got TrackIR 4 for my Birthday (12/28). Being that IL2/PF is not native to TrackIR, is there a good Tutorial for setting it up in PF?...ie. I double clicked the TrackIR Mouse Emulation Exe, but no joy?... Tully? Thanks

codeseven

ElAurens
12-30-2005, 05:21 PM
I just plugged mine in and selected the "combat flight" profile and off I went. No problem.

WWSensei
12-30-2005, 05:57 PM
In the conf.ini file located in the main directory of IL2 make sure the useTrackIr flag is set to 1.

EmKen
12-31-2005, 01:25 PM
As I understand it, Track IR 4 is patched to IL2/FB/PF. Certainly in my case, the blue light on the IR sensor lights up when the program loads. Try uninstall and reinstall of TIR software, maybe?

EmKen

Tully__
12-31-2005, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWSensei:
In the conf.ini file located in the main directory of IL2 make sure the useTrackIr flag is set to 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif
PF doesn't support the full 6DOF feature, but basic view control is definitely supported.

zoinksu52
12-31-2005, 02:07 PM
you start the program with TrackerIR.exe(this should be an icon of logo on your desktop if you installed it correctly.

when the trackir window opens, select view -&gt; tracking from pull down menu. stick thing on your head and you should see 3 green rectangles. fire up pf and it should work. nothing needs to be set in the game. pf detects trackerir when you first launch the game.

if you can't get tracker to work, try shutting down pc, then unplug tracker for a few seconds. maybe just a usb thing. can you get it working at all?

Wilburnator
12-31-2005, 10:02 PM
You definately DON'T want to use the mouse emulation. I didn't have to do anything special to make TIR work, other than make sure it was plugged in and the software was running before I started PF.

I've read somewhere that it's sometimes fussy about exactly which usb port it's plugged into. I think you're supposed to make sure it's plugged into a port in the back of your machine, as opposed to a separate usb hub.

codeseven7
01-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks fellas, sorry for the late reply, had to work yesterday ( I'm a firefighter on 24hr shifts, hope everybody had a safe Newyears, better than the guy we had to cut out of what used to be his car http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif) I got my TrackIR to work, but only in mouse emulation mode. Pretty cool but I'm hoping there is more to it in PF (CFS3's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif 'full' functionality is awesome!!). I'll try your suggestions. Thanks

codeseven

codeseven7
01-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks, works fine now and without mouse emulation. Not anything like the full functionality in FS2004/CFS3 but still pretty cool.