PDA

View Full Version : So many things to do??

sh3bang
05-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Will I find all the things in AC2 like the glyphs, treasure boxes, Assassin's tomb, etc??? I tried taking my time going around the place and enjoying the view but it seems so massive to me.

sh3bang
05-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Will I find all the things in AC2 like the glyphs, treasure boxes, Assassin's tomb, etc??? I tried taking my time going around the place and enjoying the view but it seems so massive to me.

JohnConnor2012
05-17-2010, 01:36 PM
You kind of need to for completion, though most of Sequence 1 is tutorial in a limited area, a quarter of Florence. Search out stuff as the missions unlock them. A treasure map from art dealers is a good place to start.

Ray601949
05-17-2010, 02:03 PM
You can complete the whole storyline without getting all the feathers or all the seals from the assassins' tombs, or without getting and decoding all the glyphs. Then later you can go back and slowly pick them all up. That's what I did, and now I'm wandering around the various cities and slowly getting all that stuff taken care of. So far, I've only got three of the seals and 53 feathers. I'll probably still be fooling around with the feathers by the time AC3 comes out . . .

Six_Gun
05-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Tomb's and treasure are easy because they can show on the map. The glyphs take a bit of searching to find but you can narrow them down by going to the Database\Locations directory in the menu. There it will show how many glyphcs you've found in each area and how many there are total. It will also show a pic of each location that has a glyph.

A key thing you need to know though is some glyphs aren't actually on the structure shown in the pic, and some locations can have more than one glyph. If you can't find a glyph, search the dark gray area on the map where the glyph structure is located and it will be within that area. Sometimes you have to use Eagle Vision to see them.

It can actually be a bit harder and more time consuming to find all the feathers. A good habit to get into is look around a lot whenever you're traversing the map to see if there are feathers or glyphs visible. Don't forget to you can abort a mission if you find one in the middle of a timed mission that you think may be hard to remember the location of.

It's also not a bad idea to take a quick screenshot of your map location whenever you find a feather too. That way you'll know what areas you've searched. The hardest thing by far though is solving the glyph puzzles. Most of them aren't too hard, but about 1/4th to 1/3rd of them are very hard. The solution only unlocks a video though, nothing else.

sh3bang
05-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. I actually never knew about the treasure maps from the art place. And i can complete the story w/out the tomb collection?? I thought that was part of the story missions needed to complete. I am aware that there are walkthrough for AC2 glyphs, but its just that I don't want to ruin the game experience like I did with Batman AA riddles. Oh man are the glyphs hard to find. Half of them i found them b/c I tried running away from the guards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Six_Gun
05-19-2010, 02:29 PM
You don't need ANY of the Tomb Seals to finish the game. You just won't get Altair's Armor or 100% completion. The only hard tomb to get through is the last one though, and even it isn't too hard if you practice the side wall jump and pace yourself.

Some of the glyphs can be hard to find, but mainly because some have such small faint symbols they're very hard to see in Eagle Vision unless you're close to them. Even the one at the Villa is like that.

If you want to unlock the Truth video but find some of the glyph puzzles too hard, be aware that some of the walkthroughs to solve them don't actually work. That's an indication of how hard some of them can be.

JohnConnor2012
05-19-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't know - that one in the Basilica is pretty demanding in places too.