PDA

View Full Version : OT: Curent Events: The Invasion of the Gaza Strip

WilhelmSchulz.
06-27-2006, 05:46 PM
The Isralies have just invaded the Gaza Strip. It is said that that it is all over a captured Isralie solder. I dont belive it. I know Avon Lady is from Isral how about your input?

WilhelmSchulz.
06-27-2006, 05:46 PM
The Isralies have just invaded the Gaza Strip. It is said that that it is all over a captured Isralie solder. I dont belive it. I know Avon Lady is from Isral how about your input?

comanderFritz
06-27-2006, 06:03 PM
ya i have to say im onarabs side on this one

also china launchs red october type subarine!!!! this aint good threatens US

also on news NY times is going down!!! ya

KaleunFreddie
06-27-2006, 06:32 PM
I told you that Nostradamus said that WW3 will begin in the Middle East... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

bunkerratt
06-27-2006, 06:37 PM
remember what happened last time we had a political disscussion in here?... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

hueywolf123
06-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Crash Dive!, incoming political thread, several opinions worth Kaptain!,
Ok number 1, rig for silent running.

Yes, a serious & sad situation, but not one to be discussed here. This is too divisive an issue

KaleunFreddie
06-27-2006, 06:50 PM
This has all the hallmarks of ancient conquests...

The arabs - muslims (no offence) are protecting their teritories against 'invasions' of many sorts..
- The obvious war mongering..
- christianity under cover of the above.
- All of the above want that oil for commerce.

The 'dissident' arab response is the west's so called 'terrorism', where in fact it is the only way they can fight back, or
for that matter attract attention to their cause.

We, as a little blue planet, in the middle of nowhere, must realise that we 'Have' to get on and resolve our differences as there is currently nowhere else to go.

As an example... Here in ZA
There are officially 11 different languages and cultures (there are more). It's taken time through a lot of turmoil and a lot more to go, but, I living here, have seen the country slowly go 'down' and hit rock bottom. But i seen the bottom and I can see the way up again, light at the end of the tunnel...

Can you say the same ??
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

hueywolf123
06-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Look, no offense guys, but politics is taboo here and so is religion. This is one of those tricky situations that encompases both.
It would be a real pity if Targ had to jump in and ban people. Yes this is important, but not for this forum......

comanderFritz
06-27-2006, 07:16 PM
you all are right i didnt even realize

this does sound like the begining on another OT muslem cart0ons

Kaleun1961
06-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Hey, I don't intend any disrespect for Americans, but be honest: do you think if the Mexicans [or us Canadians http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif] came across your border and abducted some of your boys that you would not do the same as the Israelis, that is, cross the border in retaliation? We in the West are amateurs when it comes to dealing with Arab terrorists. The Israelis have been putting up with this since 1948.

Hoatee
06-28-2006, 05:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KaleunFreddie:
This has all the hallmarks of ancient conquests...

The arabs - muslims (no offence) are protecting their teritories against 'invasions' of many sorts..
- The obvious war mongering..
- christianity under cover of the above.
- All of the above want that oil for commerce.

The 'dissident' arab response is the west's so called 'terrorism', where in fact it is the only way they can fight back, or
for that matter attract attention to their cause.

We, as a little blue planet, in the middle of nowhere, must realise that we 'Have' to get on and resolve our differences as there is currently nowhere else to go.

As an example... Here in ZA
There are officially 11 different languages and cultures (there are more). It's taken time through a lot of turmoil and a lot more to go, but, I living here, have seen the country slowly go 'down' and hit rock bottom. But i seen the bottom and I can see the way up again, light at the end of the tunnel...

Can you say the same ??
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A no to yer last question. What exactly is the ANC doing about the slaughter of farmers? It's still going on at the rate of about 100 per year since 1994 and therefore could be considered worse than Mugabe's notorious land reforms in neighbouring Zimbabwe. And this is a government that cannot be kicked out of power because politics is still decided along racial lines....

As for Gaza, I cannot believe the gall of Palestinians who only offer 'information' about the whereabouts of the missing Israeli soldier in exchange for the release of all Palestinian women and children in Israeli captivity. That's one lopsided proposal (considering the record on treatment of prisoners - considerably better on the Israeli side methinks).

An Israeli soldier was abducted on Israeli soil - in my view that constitutes an attack on the state of Israel by 'Palestine'.

Baldricks_Mate
06-28-2006, 06:05 AM
B_M:
Beige...I think I'll paint the ceiling beige. And some nice pewter door trimmings in the crew's quarters. Floral wallpaper in the head too. Fuchia walls in the Engine room and a nice calming green in the Command Room for those stressful situations.

Doenitz:
B_M, you're out of you're mind. What are you talking about??? This is a serious vessel of war, not the Love Boat!

B_M:
But Sir, I'm only following orders, concern for the crew's morale and all...got to keep them happy.

The_Silent_O
06-28-2006, 07:05 AM
Somehow it is hard to tie the middle east situation to WWII submarines (u-boats), but I'm sure there is a connection!

@K61 -- that's it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif, we're coming north to take back our kidnapped (deserting) soldiers who requested amnesty in you country! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

U301
06-28-2006, 07:19 AM
I agree with The Silent_O lets keep world events out of this. This is not the forum to discuss The Middle East or World Politics in general.
But I do not think people do things for the sake of it, some nutcases excluded, most people are provoked to take serious action like having to kill people.
Its a task not taken lightly or with hardly a break for thirty years which is as long as I can remember this lot have been going at it for ...
KUrtz.

elitecomando
06-28-2006, 08:20 AM
well if you think about it israel was created after ww2 when the jewish people left europe because of the holocaust they moved in and "took over" palestine and they demolished and destroyed palestine farmland , they started this war, technically the palestines are defending themselves with the use of guerilla and terrorism warfare. this is similar when russsia invaded afghanistan the americans gave the taliban weapons" (yes wespons , tanks rifles, etc...). the americans used the taliban as a "pawn" to wage war against the soviets. so basically palestine has a right to defend their country. what wud you do if a bunch of refugees came in and took over your farmland and destroyed it and built their homes, and cities over your ground. what wud you do. i would personally try to reason with them to leave if they wont then il steal a tank and do something i dont want to explain too violent. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif the palestine have all right to use those tactics technically all of israel is guilty. if anyone thinks this is wrong please tell me because this is based on proven facts and history.

Goosen83
06-28-2006, 11:33 AM
come on guys. Stop befor you hurt yourselves and dont make it sound like the jew/israelis/whatever just went in and took the place back in '48. There is a lot more history to it than that. There was trouble even before that.
and you cant compare Afghanistan with Israel. In afgahnistan it was the soviet military who was the target and not the avereage citizen. In Israel more or less everybody is a target...
I wouldnt call that fair!

Just my opinion and nothing political or religious about it.

Goose_Green
06-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Lets face it, the Jewish and Arab communities have never seen eye to eye, and have been at each others throats for a few thousand years or so, so I don't expect them to shake hands and be friends in a period of the last 50 years or so.

Also, if you believe in the Bible and all that stuff (I don't, it's just years of being led screaming and kicking to church as a kid) you will remember that it was written that Moses led the Jews out of Egypt to find their new home, where they eventually ended up in Palastine - so really this fued they have got going is the same one from all theose years ago.

It maybe open to interpretation and I have it all wrong - but it's the least of my worries.

But some of you are right and I have to agree, this is not a topic to be discussed on this forum.

TheRealWulfmann
06-28-2006, 01:33 PM
The difference with this case is the government of Palestine has enacted war by its action.
They have given the Israelis a legitimate reason to invade Gaza.
That shows the absolute stupidity of those making decisions for the Palestinians at this point and the total disregard for the suffering of the common Palestinian for the sake of fanatical grandstanding by the terrorist now leaders of the people in Gaza.
They are sowing it, so no one should be surprised by the reaping now going on.

The Jews did not takeover Palestine.
They bought the worst land from Arabs at inflated prices and then proceeded to turn it into productive and superior land. They were happy to live and share the land.
When the Arabs decided to rid the Middle East of all Jews and continue the €œFinal Solution€ mentality, the resourceful Israelis kicked their axxes. In 4 wars!

Choose whatever side you want but please don€t pass ignorant unsubstantiated takes on history, Most of us know better.

May I remind all that the name Palestine is from the Latin Palestinia which emperor Hadrian gave as the new name for Israel after expelling the Jews.
It was meant as an insult to Jews as it is Latin for Philistine, Israeli€s arch enemy and a nation of idol worshippers.
So the Palestinians now lay claim to idolaters as their heritage.
Not sure why they never bothered to check out something so simple.
As the Avon Lady pointed out, the word comes from the Hebrew meaning €œInvader€
So, next time you talk about this put the meaning of the word Palestinian in place and see how it sounds. They embrace the name €œInvader€!
Sehr Interessant oder nicht?

I do not think this subject is appropriate here but as long as moderators do not close it (as they should) I will participate

Wulfmann

paulhager
06-28-2006, 04:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WilhelmSchulz.:
The Isralies have just invaded the Gaza Strip. It is said that that it is all over a captured Isralie solder. I dont belive it. I know Avon Lady is from Isral how about your input? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The basic rules are: (1) never negotiate with terrorists; (2) never show weakness. Israel is doing exactly the right thing.

paulhager
06-28-2006, 04:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goose_Green:
Lets face it, the Jewish and Arab communities have never seen eye to eye, and have been at each others throats for a few thousand years or so, so I don't expect them to shake hands and be friends in a period of the last 50 years or so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, the Islamic world was much more tolerant than the Christian world for a large chunk of history.

The virulent anti-Jewish attitudes are more recent. You might want to read up about the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (Yasser Arafat's uncle, if memory serves) who went to Germany in WW II and actually formed an SS detachment of Bosnian Muslims. He returned to the Mid-East after the war and was never tried for war crimes.

Kaleun1961
06-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Paul, good to see you back in the forum after so long. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

blue_76
06-28-2006, 06:27 PM
philistines and israelis have been fighting eachother for more than a thousand years BC. many people seem to think its islam that promotes hatred of israelis, but nothing can be further from the truth.. i've said it before and i'll say it again.. islam is a religion of peace.
you cannot blame a nation or an ethnic group of people for the actions of a few terrorists. so in my view, israeli invasion is a bit extreme. I agree that terrorism needs to be fought anywhere in the world, but it is no excuse to kill children as collateral damage. anyway, i see that this topic can lead to another political discussion that will lead nowhere, so this is my first and last post in this thread as my 2 cents since i seem to be the only muslim in this gaming forum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Werner_U-292
06-29-2006, 10:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blue_76:
philistines and israelis have been fighting eachother for more than a thousand years BC.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It must have something to do with the heat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

WilhelmSchulz.
06-29-2006, 01:27 PM
HOT DAMM!!! YOUR BACK PAUL!!!!