PDA

View Full Version : Will Assassins Creed Revelations Support Directx 11?

sassinscreed
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
So Ac 1 suppored directx 10 but ac 2 and brotherhood were direct 9 only so will revelations support Directx 11 or is ubisoft afraid that people who play it on console won't like that pc version has better graphics?

sassinscreed
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
So Ac 1 suppored directx 10 but ac 2 and brotherhood were direct 9 only so will revelations support Directx 11 or is ubisoft afraid that people who play it on console won't like that pc version has better graphics?

Jexx21
09-16-2011, 04:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sassinscreed:
So Ac 1 suppored directx 10 but ac 2 and brotherhood were direct 9 only so will revelations support Directx 11 or is ubisoft afraid that people who play it on console won't like that pc version has better graphics? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't the PC version have better graphics in both those games anyway?

And does DX10 + 11 actually make that much of an improvement? I don't even notice it most of the time.

AnthonyA85
09-16-2011, 10:08 AM
The pc versions have generally been better graphics wise than the consoles, because they simply have better hardware.

I believe Ubisoft said they wouldn't switch to DX11 yet for ACR because they didn't feel the end users would see any real benifit, or something like that, basically, they said they didn't feel they were ready.

sassinscreed
09-17-2011, 04:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

And does DX10 + 11 actually make that much of an improvement? I don't even notice it most of the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uavLefzDuQ

Jexx21
09-17-2011, 07:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sassinscreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

And does DX10 + 11 actually make that much of an improvement? I don't even notice it most of the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uavLefzDuQ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it doesn't make that big of a difference. Kk, no need for DX11 if it's gonna cut into dev. time.

sassinscreed
09-18-2011, 02:18 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uavLefzDuQ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it doesn't make that big of a difference. Kk, no need for DX11 if it's gonna cut into dev. time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it does make game look better and if other developers can do it and release console and pc games at same release date together with directx 11 and optimized controls i don't see why ubisoft couldn't, and delays pc version every time 5-6 months and doesn't add any pc upgrades anyway and in this video it's just tessellation its not all you get from dx 11 and you can see difference and its dx 10 vs 11 in video and ac is dx 9 and what is stupid you could run ac 1 with dx 10 and ac2 only with dx 9 and it had ugly graphics ac:b graphics got better but now directx 11 is out and most of new games will use it it would be nice to see it in ac too

KiBaFuS
09-18-2011, 05:13 AM
ubisoft does not like PC, I'm sorry for my english, they just do not care about the PC, Ubisoft will not improve the graphics for the PC

D.I.D.
09-22-2011, 05:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KIBERKILL:
ubisoft does not like PC, I'm sorry for my english, they just do not care about the PC, Ubisoft will not improve the graphics for the PC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that they don't care, it's just that there's no need. They would be putting more development time into graphical aspects which only a proportion of the users of the platform with the smallest sales figures would be able to see.

Competition will drive things forward, but not until some time after the next Nvidia series is released. Only then will there be enough sales of mid- to high-end cards running dx11.0 (and above).

Look how short the life of dx10 was, and how little it added to the gaming experience. People go on about AC1 being dx10, but the fact is that even with every tweak switched on via NV Inspector, AC1 is still not as pretty as the graphics of the later games.

[e] Just to add, Ubisoft did release demonstration videos around the release of AC:B to show the difference between SSD PCs and those with standard HDs. Clearly they do care about PC technology, when it makes a real difference.

Victoroos
09-22-2011, 05:42 AM
okay, first about thsoe improvements, on the developer side, it makes it easier for the Dev to use the GPU (graphics card) instead of the CPU (processor). it would benefit ac alot, becasue of the huge open enviroment, and when they transport the pressure that, since ac2, lies on the CPU and would put it on the GPU.
Also,it gives devs possibilities, to add more detail in the world, like water and Tesselatio (which will increase the High resolution pop in distance. Both of them are very usefull in a open game, like crysis 2 showed us.
I hope they will implement it, but I'm afraid that the engine can't handle it yet. Maybe later, when they finally start considering using Anvil engine 2.0.