PDA

View Full Version : F6F loadout was 6 x 400 rounds.

R_Target
07-06-2007, 11:31 PM
That's all. Still incorrect in-game.

R_Target
07-06-2007, 11:31 PM
That's all. Still incorrect in-game.

stansdds
07-07-2007, 05:00 AM
If you think that's all that is incorrect in a this sim which proclaims to have the most accurate aircraft models and flight modeling, then you have not looked very far. Tons of errors and don't get me started.

Choctaw111
07-07-2007, 08:42 AM
According to the "Great Book of WW2 Fighters" the standard loadout was 200 rounds per gun with provisions for 400 each, which was always done to the best of my knowledge. Out of curiosity, what is the ammo loadout for the F6F right now in game?

R_Target
07-07-2007, 10:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:
According to the "Great Book of WW2 Fighters" the standard loadout was 200 rounds per gun with provisions for 400 each, which was always done to the best of my knowledge. Out of curiosity, what is the ammo loadout for the F6F right now in game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right now (and for years now) the inner four guns run out of ammo about 10 seconds before the outer two. All six should fire for around 30 seconds. I say "around" because I don't have a way to precisely measure it, but I will if someone knows how. While the F6F (or any other plane) could take less ammo, I've never read about this being done on purpose.

6 x 400 rounds loadout is confirmed by original Navy docs as well as just about any decent book you can find on the Hellcat.

I certainly wouldn't mind the option to take less, but as it is now, there's no option to choose normal loadout. Also, the full weight of the ammo is modeled but the ammo's not there.

FritzGryphon
07-07-2007, 10:55 AM
You could measure time with the track recorder. There's a clock in track playback.

But you're right, it's 30 seconds and 20 seconds respectively.

Total bullets in user STAT is 1880. By my math it means 376 bullets for the outer guns, and 282 for the inner guns.

Of course, that assumes the RoF is equal, which is not the case for unsynced guns. I'd guess it's 400 for outer and 270 for inner.

But I can't help but wonder why, if you've got such explicit information, you don't just send it to the bug email? No one important comes here anymore.

R_Target
07-07-2007, 04:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FritzGryphon:
But I can't help but wonder why, if you've got such explicit information, you don't just send it to the bug email? No one important comes here anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh heh, yeah I guess so. I'll send a e-mail to OM and RRG. I checked the eventlog too, and the count was the same, 1880 bullets.

Daiichidoku
07-07-2007, 07:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stansdds:
If you think that's all that is incorrect in a this sim which proclaims to have the most accurate aircraft models and flight modeling, then you have not looked very far. Tons of errors and don't get me started. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true, true

however, sometimes small things DO get fixed...tho rarely...beau 20mm ammo count was corrected

and they did justice to the macchis, for sure!

Choctaw111
07-08-2007, 06:12 AM
I need to make a correction. It is the "Great Book of WW2 AIRPLANES", not Fighters. I just noticed that when I came back here to check on this thread. Sorry about that.

JG53Frankyboy
07-08-2007, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:
According to the "Great Book of WW2 Fighters" the standard loadout was 200 rounds per gun with provisions for 400 each, which was always done to the best of my knowledge. Out of curiosity, what is the ammo loadout for the F6F right now in game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

two guns have 400rpg and the other four have 270rpg in 4.08.

in the past the Maddox team fixed very fast the ammoloads if you sent them reliable sources via pf@1c.ru .

last example i can remember was the N1K2-J one's.

Choctaw111
07-08-2007, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:

two guns have 400rpg and the other four have 270rpg in 4.08.

in the past the Maddox team fixed very fast the ammoloads if you sent them reliable sources via pf@1c.ru .

last example i can remember was the N1K2-J one's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I guess the only question is, has anyone sent this ammo loadout fix to Oleg to get him to fix it? I think that just about everyone knows (who is really into this kind of stuff) that the Hellcat did not carry the same ammo configuration as the 6 gun Mustangs.

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-09-2007, 11:19 AM
This is small potatoes, but if anything is to get adjusted, the supporting data had better be there...yesterday.

TB

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-09-2007, 03:42 PM
To those that wonder how many rounds the Hellcat carries now, you do know there is a ammo counter in the cockpit. Right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I think Oleg goes with the standard load out even though more could be and has been added. Perhaps and extra ammo option for the Hellcat like with the P-47 could be in order. But I bet you if you investigate the same discrepancy you pointed out could be found on many aircraft from different nations as well.

S!

JG53Frankyboy
07-10-2007, 12:42 AM
without a closer look the 750rpg of the MG131 in the Fw190D-9s and the 1000rpg in the A6M2, A6M2-21, A6M2-N, A6M3, A6M5a are comming in my mind - both are to much.
and the 1000rpg in the light MGs of the IAR80/81s are sounding also very optimistic- at least in the 81s.

400rpg for the Doras, like in the Antons, and 500rpg in the Zeros (as the A6M5 already has) would come more close...................

that the full ammoload of 425rpg is not available (only 200rpg than http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ) in a P-47 when any loadout (even a droptank or a singlee bomb) is selected , anoys me since this plane is released http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
there should be at least two options more:
- additional ammo + droptank
- additional ammo + 500lb bomb (if its correct that the P-47 carried 500lb below the fuselage and 1000lbs below the wings , and not otherway round as it is shown in game)