PDA

View Full Version : Ottomans VS Byzantines

tjbyrum1
10-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Lately, in a couple of videos, I have noticed that the Ottomans and the Byzantines do not like each other.

Ottoman are rather neutral and act like normal guards. Whereas the Byzantines are *******s/Templars and will attack you on site.

Putting the two factions together creates a small battle in the streets.

I doubt you'd be able to do, but it would be cool to get lots of Ottoman Guards to follow you, and then run into a bunch of Byzantines and watch a battle.

This also opens up gameplay elements. We can now create mass distractions by causing distractions between the two factions and making them engage.

tjbyrum1
10-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Lately, in a couple of videos, I have noticed that the Ottomans and the Byzantines do not like each other.

Ottoman are rather neutral and act like normal guards. Whereas the Byzantines are *******s/Templars and will attack you on site.

Putting the two factions together creates a small battle in the streets.

I doubt you'd be able to do, but it would be cool to get lots of Ottoman Guards to follow you, and then run into a bunch of Byzantines and watch a battle.

This also opens up gameplay elements. We can now create mass distractions by causing distractions between the two factions and making them engage.

eagleforlife1
10-25-2011, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
I doubt you'd be able to do, but it would be cool to get lots of Ottoman Guards to follow you, and then run into a bunch of Byzantines and watch a battle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can do this.

You can also start riots by bribing hearalds, the people will then rise against the janissaries and ottomans and fight them with pitchforks, etc.

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 06:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
You can also start riots by bribing hearalds, the people will then rise against the janissaries and ottomans and fight them with pitchforks, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was the effect of the Pyrite Bomb?

Sends a shower of fake coins down so that everyone around gets aggressive over the money.

Saqaliba
10-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Is a Byzantine a Christian? Is an Ottoman a Muslim? If a Byzantine is a Christian then why did the Catholics kill so many of them in the 3rd crusade? I thought they where friends. Is a Templar Christian? Is an Ismaili Nizari Muslim? What is Islam? What is Christianity? See what I did there?

eagleforlife1
10-25-2011, 07:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
You can also start riots by bribing hearalds, the people will then rise against the janissaries and ottomans and fight them with pitchforks, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was the effect of the Pyrite Bomb?

Sends a shower of fake coins down so that everyone around gets aggressive over the money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, that just has teh effect of throwing coins bt just that you don't lose any currency, just fake currency.

Jexx21
10-25-2011, 10:13 AM
You could also cause fights between the City Guards and the Borgia Guards/Medici guards in AC2.

souNdwAve89
10-25-2011, 11:36 AM
I made a post about this in the compilation thread.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/2061007159 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2061007159)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Info on the factions
- Ottomans vs Byzantines
- Byzantines are the remnants of those who were ruling Constantinople until the Ottomans invaded and took over.
- Byzantines are now a secret society and are heavily influenced by the Templars, so they are the Templar faction in Constantinople.
- Ottomans are like the regular guards in past AC games. They act as the police and they will ignore you unless you kill, pick pocket, etc in front of them.
- Byzantine soldiers are like the Templar Knights in AC1 where they will fight you no matter what if you are around them
(5:04)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR94TGc0bWo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chamboozer
10-25-2011, 03:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saqaliba:
Is a Byzantine a Christian? Is an Ottoman a Muslim? If a Byzantine is a Christian then why did the Catholics kill so many of them in the 3rd crusade? I thought they where friends. Is a Templar Christian? Is an Ismaili Nizari Muslim? What is Islam? What is Christianity? See what I did there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's like comparing rectangles and squares. All squares are rectangles, not all rectangles are squares.

LightRey
10-25-2011, 04:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saqaliba:
Is a Byzantine a Christian? Is an Ottoman a Muslim? If a Byzantine is a Christian then why did the Catholics kill so many of them in the 3rd crusade? I thought they where friends. Is a Templar Christian? Is an Ismaili Nizari Muslim? What is Islam? What is Christianity? See what I did there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They're different "kinds" of Christians. Catholics didn't like Protestants either.

Jexx21
10-25-2011, 05:06 PM
I think he knows.

He knows a lot about the History of Christianity, and he knows about things like the Byzantine Church in Constantinople not being completely accepted by the Papacy.