PDA

View Full Version : German Tiger Tank

Ghoullio
09-25-2010, 02:53 PM
My God! A rush of Tigers is almost impossible to counter unless you see it coming far enough in advance to single the columns out with fighter/bombers! I had my butt handed to me earlier today by an enemy who built an unbelievable amount of top Tigers in a very little amount of time.

Tank destroyers, pershings, even the super tanks in the advance research buildings couldnt stand up to these beasts.i didnt have enough airports built to handle his fighters AND provide air support for my troops. I had a field of pershings and M19s thinking they would kill anything that came close...

Even using all my ruses didnt stop him from rolling all over me. It was immasculating! Lol.

Ghoullio
09-25-2010, 02:53 PM
My God! A rush of Tigers is almost impossible to counter unless you see it coming far enough in advance to single the columns out with fighter/bombers! I had my butt handed to me earlier today by an enemy who built an unbelievable amount of top Tigers in a very little amount of time.

Tank destroyers, pershings, even the super tanks in the advance research buildings couldnt stand up to these beasts.i didnt have enough airports built to handle his fighters AND provide air support for my troops. I had a field of pershings and M19s thinking they would kill anything that came close...

Even using all my ruses didnt stop him from rolling all over me. It was immasculating! Lol.

GunnersMate07
09-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Advanced tank destroyers. If you are playing the US I believe they are jacksons? I know for USSR and brits, the units you want are SU-100's and fireflies respectively.

If you dont have fighter-bombers, the top tier tank destroyers go toe-to-toe with tigers and king tigers, and also cost less so you can outnumber your opponent.

Obviously good recon helps, so you can have a minute or two to rush out the counters you need.

Against the tank-centric factions like Germany, Italy, USSR, and to some extent the US, I think an AT base for upgraded mobile AT is invaluable over extra heavy tanks of your own. And you want the top tier mobile AT upgrades. Units like wolverwines or SU-85 are great counters to medium tanks and below, but dont really do as well against advanced medium tanks and above. If you are expecting a heavy tank assault, go for those mobile heavy hitters in the AT buildings ASAP.

Axe99
09-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Aye - also, some advanced un-mobile AT in forests can be cheap as chips and also do some pretty serious mauling - if they're rushing then they're unlikely to have enough arty to seriously hurt it. Early tank rushes are tough though - good luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

feelthenrj
09-26-2010, 09:45 AM
I usually stack up a few advanced anti-tank guns in the woods near my base, does the job. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif