PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 1946 DVD

Dogfighter1969
01-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Apologies for asking something that has been asked before. I just can't find the previous thread. Must have been lost together with other threads of the last 3 months.
Anyways, here goes. Can anyone tell me what the minimum and recommended system specs are for 1946?
I have problems with PF in terms of fps. I thought I had fixed it but it seems not to be the case. It plays fine until I reach a specific part of the campaign. Then all my problems start. What puzzles me further is that those problems then remain even if I go and play an earlier part of the campaign, that used to work fine the first time I played it.
I don't want to have the same problems with the 1946 DVD. Then I might as well leave it.

Dogfighter1969
01-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Apologies for asking something that has been asked before. I just can't find the previous thread. Must have been lost together with other threads of the last 3 months.
Anyways, here goes. Can anyone tell me what the minimum and recommended system specs are for 1946?
I have problems with PF in terms of fps. I thought I had fixed it but it seems not to be the case. It plays fine until I reach a specific part of the campaign. Then all my problems start. What puzzles me further is that those problems then remain even if I go and play an earlier part of the campaign, that used to work fine the first time I played it.
I don't want to have the same problems with the 1946 DVD. Then I might as well leave it.

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-25-2007, 12:03 PM
How about posting your system specs first. I've seen people get it to run on rigs that were old 3 years ago, but obviously with eye-candy turned down and resolutions that would only make Pac-Man look o.k.

I've seen recommended minimum system specs in this range:

P4 3.0
1gb RAM
VC with minimum 128mb RAM

TB

Deedsundone
01-25-2007, 12:06 PM
The 46 box says the same minimum specs as the PF one except dvd player and 4 gig space on harddrive.DonĀ“t know about recommended though.

BadA1m
01-25-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm curious; is that a stock campaign your talking about or a downloaded one? That you say things change and stay that way at a certain point causes me to suspect a file corruption that might be causing another problem with the game engine (or the computer itself).

Taylortony
01-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Pent 4 2 gig chip...... 1 gig rambus and a old Nvidia FX5900xt runs it fine here...... can run perfect mode to, but normally run it in excellent. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xiolablu3
01-26-2007, 01:44 AM
Athlon XP 2500+
1.25gb Memory
Geforce 5900 Ultra 256mb
SOundblaster Live!

Runs extrememly well at Excellent seettings 1024x768, Hardware Shaders = 1, always smooth.

But I must limit the shaders to 1.X as the shader 2.0 support for the FX series is very very bad. (I think its done in software)

If I look at shorelines with shader 2.0 enabled, the framerate plummets to under 20fps, unplayable in a dogfight.

I would rather have very high FPS(60+ FPS) and stay on excellent settings, SHader 1.X.

After all who notices the difference between Perfect and Excellent when they are actually playing the game?

Post your specs dogfighter, we will tell you what improvements you need to play smoothly.

Altocirrus
01-26-2007, 02:33 AM
I'm running it on an AMD 3800 (2.4ghz) with a 256 card but only 512mb ram. I run it with the settings maxed out in 1024 X 768, and it's smooth 90% of the time. I usually drop a few settings for busy online battles though.

Dogfighter1969
01-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the responses guys (and girls?).
Forgot to post my system specs. I run a 2.5 Ghz processor, 1 Gb RAM and a 128 Mb FX5200 video card. I use XP.
I know my video card needs to be upgraded next but I first want to see what Battle of Britain's requirements will be when it comes out. Anyways, I am pretty sure that PF only needs 64 Mb video cards as a minimum if I am not mistaken?

BadA1M, in answer to your question, it is a stock campaign, straight from the game cd. I have never downloaded campaigns before.

I also played FB before and it worked perfectly. PF does not requirement beefier systems than FB or does it? I am not 100% sure.

Reason for my asking about 1946 is that it will be available in my country from early February. I am definitely interested in buying it.

Dogfighter1969
01-29-2007, 04:24 AM
Any comments/suggestions on my system specs XiolaBlu3 or anybody else?

FritzGryphon
01-29-2007, 06:05 AM
You should expect mostly the same performance you've had in FB.

Other than some moderately higher polycount on objects, there's not much different.

There are new type of clouds, and settings for prettier water with waves, but these are optional.