PDA

View Full Version : Why I think an AC3 with guns *could* work.

alastris
11-23-2009, 01:24 AM
Simply put, we know that AC2 was based on getting desmond to be a trained assassin within a few days instead of a few years. I think a game with guns and a hidden blade can coexist. If you take a look at some of the splinter cell: conviction trailers you will see a fair bit of footage of sam fisher doing a little bit of free running. Even ledge assassinations shown in SC were similar to the ones in AC2. It can be done and it is possible.

Besides, the type of stealth ubisoft wanted in SC: conviction was the type of stealth in AC1, ie they wanted Sam to use the crowd more.

And for those that don't know, ubisoft also makes splinter cell.

alastris
11-23-2009, 01:24 AM
Simply put, we know that AC2 was based on getting desmond to be a trained assassin within a few days instead of a few years. I think a game with guns and a hidden blade can coexist. If you take a look at some of the splinter cell: conviction trailers you will see a fair bit of footage of sam fisher doing a little bit of free running. Even ledge assassinations shown in SC were similar to the ones in AC2. It can be done and it is possible.

Besides, the type of stealth ubisoft wanted in SC: conviction was the type of stealth in AC1, ie they wanted Sam to use the crowd more.

And for those that don't know, ubisoft also makes splinter cell.

Black_Widow9
11-23-2009, 12:25 PM
I think people, myself included, are afraid it will turn into a shooter. There are more than enough of those out there, in my opinion. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

BloodyMoon1
11-24-2009, 05:54 PM
If they turn it into a shooter people are gonna be ****ed >.> People like me.

Silhouelle
11-24-2009, 05:57 PM
I doubt they'll turn it into a shooter. As you yourself said, they also create the splinter cell games, so why turn AC into another SC, just with different controls and a hidden blade (aside from the obvious differences in plot :b). Makes more sense, in my mind at least, to keep it as a -historic- game to keep those fans, while leaving guns and modern day settings for SC fans.

My two cents. ^^;

the amolang
11-24-2009, 06:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
I think people, myself included, are afraid it will turn into a shooter. There are more than enough of those out there, in my opinion. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AGREED!

nicky117
11-24-2009, 07:01 PM
remember, they need desmond alive, they'll probably use their pointy stick batton thingys

eZpiri2
11-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Well I believe there will be guns, but not for you. Maybe your enemies have the guns while you have the blade. Who knows, you can probably use enemies as shields

Teeem3000
11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
If it's in a modern setting, and Desmond didn't use a gun it would be stupid. Nothing is real, EVERYTHING is permitted. I'd see it as a cop out, something that the devs didn't have enough creativity to impliment.

But only in a modern setting. Didn't Lucy use a gun to kill some Templars before she let Desmond out of his cell at the start of AC 2? I don't know for sure, but I read that some where on the forums here. Also the Assassins and Templars were in a fire fight at the end of AC. If the assassins are dumb enough not to use guns, and break thier own main rule, they really do put the *** in assassin. The fact that Ezio uses a gun makes no guns in AC3 kinda silly. Also the throwing knifes could be replaced with "silenced pistol" and no one would know the difference. They kill with one or two hits.

Personally I hope they go back to another ancient setting. That's the reason why I like AC series.

Cptn_Uccisore
11-24-2009, 08:25 PM
@Teeem3000
Agreed. AC3 will probably focus on Desmond the most, but I don't think Ubi will completely write out the Animus from the story. An ancestor in the Victorian era perhaps?

I like your silenced pistol idea, as I could see that easily fiting into the AC world. Not sure how automatic weapons would fair though (The silenced pistol could run into some criticism too as would just be simpler if Desmond went around shooting people Boondock Saint's style. Or using a sniper rifle. Meh.)

Unfortunatly, which ever decision Ubi makes; people will complain. If all Templars use in the future are batons; people will gripe about why they don't use guns if the year is 2012. If Ubi has the Templars using guns; people will complain that AC has devolved into a shooter and lost it's uniqueness that made it "Assassin's Creed."

It's a lose-lose situation. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif There's always someone who is unsatified.

Teeem3000
11-24-2009, 08:34 PM
True enough. That's why I hope it's set in ancient Babylon or something.

I think think that in a modern setting, it would be Dessie travelling around the world looking for ancient tombs. Comparisons to Tomb Raider and Uncharted would be inevitable.

m3rcer
11-24-2009, 08:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nicky117:
remember, they need desmond alive, they'll probably use their pointy stick batton thingys </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that's the rational excuse for the credit reel.

He does have the left bracer, if the pistol is intact there's your gun. Of course, I'm sure they'll upgrade it at some point.

Perhaps we'll see some type of Mega Man type action in the next game... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif yuck.

nicky117
11-26-2009, 10:33 AM
if there is guns in ac3, then maybe the game will focus way more on stealth