PDA

View Full Version : More action?

Altair661
08-30-2011, 06:15 PM
During the PAX demo we heard Amancio continiously talking about "immersing the player, and buliding a stronger narritive" which im fine with. Sounds frickin sweet. However, I'm afriad they're gonna pull a Dead Space 2, where they added alot more "Action scenes, and cool camera angles, and it started to turn into way more of an action game rather than a survival horror. And I dont want that to happen to ACR, while the wagon chase and stuff was cool, with the once scene with Ezio being dragged along by a rope, and flying through the air fighting a guy... it seems like they're adding a whole lot more action scene's too it. Which if they pull it off well, it could be awesome, it probably will. But I dont want it to be every 15 or 30 minutes your blowin up boats, or flying through the air, or crashing into wagon's while chasing them. They can have a few here and there, spread em out. But it isn't a Michael Bay film, or Call of Duty, where the goal is to have an explosion or a falling building or stuff like that every 10 seconds. AC is about narritive, and Bad A**ery. If they can combine that with both a strong narritive and powerful action that doesnt take away from both the story or the core gameplay, which they've prolly already done. (We still have 3 months of development) I will be blown away... even more.

Altair661
08-30-2011, 06:15 PM
During the PAX demo we heard Amancio continiously talking about "immersing the player, and buliding a stronger narritive" which im fine with. Sounds frickin sweet. However, I'm afriad they're gonna pull a Dead Space 2, where they added alot more "Action scenes, and cool camera angles, and it started to turn into way more of an action game rather than a survival horror. And I dont want that to happen to ACR, while the wagon chase and stuff was cool, with the once scene with Ezio being dragged along by a rope, and flying through the air fighting a guy... it seems like they're adding a whole lot more action scene's too it. Which if they pull it off well, it could be awesome, it probably will. But I dont want it to be every 15 or 30 minutes your blowin up boats, or flying through the air, or crashing into wagon's while chasing them. They can have a few here and there, spread em out. But it isn't a Michael Bay film, or Call of Duty, where the goal is to have an explosion or a falling building or stuff like that every 10 seconds. AC is about narritive, and Bad A**ery. If they can combine that with both a strong narritive and powerful action that doesnt take away from both the story or the core gameplay, which they've prolly already done. (We still have 3 months of development) I will be blown away... even more.

naran6142
08-30-2011, 08:23 PM
you said it yourself, it'll probably be awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NewBlade200
08-31-2011, 08:20 AM
I don't see why a series has to become more action orientated as it goes. We have enough action games. It's become quite tedious that a game becomes more unique sounding because it happens to be stealth or horror, instead of one of the endless stream of action games.

Animuses
08-31-2011, 09:06 AM
Poor Resident Evil... I feel bad for the fans of the original games.

I don't see it as being as action-y as Brotherhood. The war machines were meh and they could've used the time to give us something better. When they said, "Vitoria agli Assassini" I wanted to rip out my eardrums. I mute the tv and dont look at the tv when I know it will be said. DO THEY KNOW THEY MEANING OF SUBTLETY? I don't necessarily think having a lot of action is a bad thing. We'll see.

naran6142
08-31-2011, 09:12 AM
i dont think the problem is more action but having it be balanced in the game

im all for more action as long as it doesn't overwhelm everything else

SupremeCaptain
08-31-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm still not convinced to buy this yet. I'm just hoping I change my mind after seeing some stealth gameplay, and NOT Exotic gameplay.

Altair661
08-31-2011, 01:41 PM
And the bomb thing, it looks really cool and all... but those one bombs he used in the demo just seemed like a "get out of combat free card" if you will. As if smashing some dudes face in with a hammer wasnt stealthy enough, throwing basically a frag at a bunch of guards isnt any better. The distraction and trip stufff was cool, I just think thought it was weird cause he juts threw them instead of getting into some good combat. And I am so getting the full synch by not being seen or killing someone or whatever it is.

Assassin_M
08-31-2011, 02:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
And the bomb thing, it looks really cool and all... but those one bombs he used in the demo just seemed like a "get out of combat free card" if you will. As if smashing some dudes face in with a hammer wasnt stealthy enough, throwing basically a frag at a bunch of guards isnt any better. The distraction and trip stufff was cool, I just think thought it was weird cause he juts threw them instead of getting into some good combat. And I am so getting the full synch by not being seen or killing someone or whatever it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Bomb is just another piece of your VAST arsenal of Procedure, Understand that you have the freedom to use it how you want, when you want and, most importantly, IF you want

Altair661
08-31-2011, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
The Bomb is just another piece of your VAST arsenal of Procedure, Understand that you have the freedom to use it how you want, when you want and, most importantly, IF you want </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess, I still need to see some more stealth however. We've seen like...none. Except for Altair.

Assassin_M
08-31-2011, 02:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
The Bomb is just another piece of your VAST arsenal of Procedure, Understand that you have the freedom to use it how you want, when you want and, most importantly, IF you want </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess, I still need to see some more stealth however. We've seen like...none. Except for Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Im sure there`ll be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Its Assassins Creed.

SupremeCaptain
08-31-2011, 02:42 PM

I guess, I still need to see some more stealth however. We've seen like...none. Except for Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Im sure there`ll be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Its Assassins Creed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Getting de-synch'd by getting caught isn't stealth, it's frustration and stupid. And there were lot's of that in AC2 and ACB.

And the bombs look okay, but wtf are they doing in AC anyway? Appealing to the bigger crowd, like we aren't enough. Meh.