PDA

View Full Version : Question(s) for you lucky S-O-B's who have '46 already

Akronnick
12-10-2006, 11:32 PM
How proficient are the AI in using the X-4 guided rockets? If you tell them to attack bombers do they stand off and pick the bombers off one at a time, or does the whole flight waste all their rockets on the closest bomber and then go in and get creamed by the tail gunners? Also, can the AI use X-4's against tanks, or do they just jettison them and go after the ground targets with guns?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

---Loose nut removed from cockpit, ship OK

Akronnick
12-10-2006, 11:32 PM
How proficient are the AI in using the X-4 guided rockets? If you tell them to attack bombers do they stand off and pick the bombers off one at a time, or does the whole flight waste all their rockets on the closest bomber and then go in and get creamed by the tail gunners? Also, can the AI use X-4's against tanks, or do they just jettison them and go after the ground targets with guns?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

---Loose nut removed from cockpit, ship OK

Treetop64
12-11-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm almost afraid to see the answer for this... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

------------------------------
"It breaks my heart, but I am almost certain that raaaid will get the Nobel Prize in physics before we get the Avenger in PF."
-- Zeus-cat
------------------------------

Rudeljaeger
12-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Well as far as I know they dont use them against tanks, but they use it against planes very successfully.

I you see the KI shooting X4s its like they use Sidewinders.

mrsiCkstar
12-11-2006, 01:12 AM
lmao, I'll test this out in the QMB when I get home. The X-4's are a hoot to use though, once they get near the bombers it's pretty hard to tell if they're very close to them or already gone past so you really have to guide them in smoothly.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://home.no.net/jonmarja/images/f4usig.jpg

PraetorHonoris
12-11-2006, 01:24 AM
The AI will be 100% deadly with the X4 whenever aiming for bombers, no matter how many around.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/552/zscreen7op2.jpg

They'll use them against ground targets as well, but they fire them on short distances and don't guide them. So basicly like the WGr.21. No sense doing so.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6061/untitled1copymd8.jpg

"Misconceptions about the Luftwaffe [...] are, in large part, simply caused by a lack of basic skills of many, who write about the Luftwaffe. For some inexplicable reason, many historians - especially Americans - believe they can write books about the German army or the German air force without knowing German"
Dr. J.S.Corum, LTC USAF, Strategic Studies Institute

Rudeljaeger
12-11-2006, 01:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrsiCkstar:
lmao, I'll test this out in the QMB when I get home. The X-4's are a hoot to use though, once they get near the bombers it's pretty hard to tell if they're very close to them or already gone past so you really have to guide them in smoothly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He asked how the KI uses them....They dont have any problems with guiding them, KI-X4s are like "Fire&Forget"-Missiles.

Matz0r
12-11-2006, 02:17 AM
The AI are god-like at handling the X-4, if a bomber they are aiming for gets shot down they redirect it to next bomber. I've even seen them turn them around for another pass.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

--
F16VS http://flygflottilj16.se/
Visit ~VALHALLA~ our full real server on Hyperlobby, hosting early war historical planesets and missions.
http://home.swipnet.se/hotascougar/pics/fokker_now.jpg

Rudeljaeger
12-11-2006, 02:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F16_Matz_:
I've even seen them turn them around for another pass. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is something I dont like. I mean even the modern Sidewinder Rockets I mentioned are not able to do something like this..

DuxCorvan
12-11-2006, 03:59 AM
What's so surprising? That FB AI has supernatural abilities is nothing new. What I wonder is why AI X-Men supergunners can't destroy X-4s on the fly.

Rudeljaeger
12-11-2006, 05:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
What's so surprising? That FB AI has supernatural abilities is nothing new. What I wonder is why AI X-Men supergunners can't destroy X-4s on the fly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah...You know these yellow "Drones" from Stargate: Atlantis?

This is exactly how the KI-X4s behave. I saw a KI-Ta183 fighting bombers with its MK108, while the X-4 it fired before pursued a fighter miles away.

slo_1_2_3
05-09-2007, 12:42 AM
How do I use a x-4 anyhow? I just got udated to 1946 and I was playing with the new stuff and I'm not finding anything about how to guide them

MrMojok
05-09-2007, 12:46 AM
same keys as you'd use to adjust the bombsight.

tigertalon
05-09-2007, 03:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrsiCkstar:
lmao, I'll test this out in the QMB when I get home. The X-4's are a hoot to use though, once they get near the bombers it's pretty hard to tell if they're very close to them or already gone past so you really have to guide them in smoothly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IRL pilots would be instructed to keep the rocket "on" the bomber for whole duration of the flight - that's why the missile had two lights at the back, a green and red IIRC. I tried that in '46 and yes, once you master it, it's hard to miss. You just have to get the missile to cover the bomber as soon as possible after launch, and keep it there. Guaranteed hit.

And yeah, AI is brutal with X-4.

Dagnabit
05-09-2007, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rudeljaeger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
What's so surprising? That FB AI has supernatural abilities is nothing new. What I wonder is why AI X-Men supergunners can't destroy X-4s on the fly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah...You know these yellow "Drones" from Stargate: Atlantis?

This is exactly how the KI-X4s behave. I saw a KI-Ta183 fighting bombers with its MK108, while the X-4 it fired before pursued a fighter miles away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was wondering why your post counter isnt working. You have at least 4 posts here on this thread but it still reads "0" posts.
Just mentioning it in case it matters to you
Regards
Dag

Divine-Wind
05-09-2007, 03:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slo_1_2_3:
How do I use a x-4 anyhow? I just got udated to 1946 and I was playing with the new stuff and I'm not finding anything about how to guide them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You have to map the bombsight altitude and velocity/speed keys.

LStarosta
05-09-2007, 03:53 PM
There's a little 3rd party script you can use too.

It's so good, it's almost like cheating.