PDA

View Full Version : Desmonds life also the past? (possible spoiler)

J4ckie_Chen
12-23-2009, 12:17 PM
I just finished playing the game and i loved the ending.
I also noticed during the escape from the hideout when Desmond slashed the modern day templars with the sword that it made those animus animations, similar to when Ezio is swinging his sword in the animus.

This got me thinking, is Desmonds life being accesed through one of his own descendants in the animus? And that Desmonds life we have ben following is in the past.

The weapon swings might just be gimmick or ubisoft forgot to remove it for Desmond, but i would love it if it were true.

What do you think?

J4ckie_Chen
12-23-2009, 12:17 PM
I just finished playing the game and i loved the ending.
I also noticed during the escape from the hideout when Desmond slashed the modern day templars with the sword that it made those animus animations, similar to when Ezio is swinging his sword in the animus.

This got me thinking, is Desmonds life being accesed through one of his own descendants in the animus? And that Desmonds life we have ben following is in the past.

The weapon swings might just be gimmick or ubisoft forgot to remove it for Desmond, but i would love it if it were true.

What do you think?

ToKillInPeace
12-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Some people have been suggesting this idea as a plot twist in the next game, but most likely it's just Ubisoft being....lazy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Like for example, in the dream sequence, if you do certain things (go out of bounds, die, or desynchonize any other way) you will get aniums dialog, despite the fact you are not in it.

Even the out of bounds effect is the same.

I thought it would have been cool if they made it have its own special effect, instead of re-using the animus effects.

What can you do, right?

P459
12-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I think maybe its because that Desmond learns all Ezio´s skills so he will fight the same way as him.

ToKillInPeace
12-23-2009, 12:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P459:
I think maybe its because that Desmond learns all Ezio´s skills so he will fight the same way as him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but visually speaking, the effect is the same as when inside the animus.

Again, I think its just a reused particle effect, the game was rushed as is.