PDA

View Full Version : Jets and maps

TheGozr
05-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Well what's wrong in this story ?
I try to make some missions with jets like i250's or la7R and others in the Moscow area and then to see that many wont start.. Only the yak15 works.
SO we are already limited in maps and now we cant even use the jets in those maps.. no wonder i see no jets map in HL servers..

TheGozr
05-26-2007, 03:28 PM
I try to make some missions with jets like i250's or la7R and others in the Moscow area and then to see that many wont start.. Only the yak15 works.
SO we are already limited in maps and now we cant even use the jets in those maps.. no wonder i see no jets map in HL servers..

DKoor
05-26-2007, 04:16 PM
I don't know they work normally for me on winter Moscow map I just checked. See the tracks;
http://www.speedyshare.com/304932200.html
quick0005 is two Ai LA-7Rs taking off.
Works at summer too.

kirkncc1701
05-27-2007, 04:07 AM
errr, dont exactly know what ur talking about, but u have to select each engine seperatly on the jets to get them to start.

VW-IceFire
05-27-2007, 08:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheGozr:
SO we are already limited in maps and now we cant even use the jets in those maps.. no wonder i see no jets map in HL servers.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There are a few maps where jets and any of the early prop fighters that required a ground crew to crank the prop over to start won't start. Those are, however, few and far between. The commonalities between the ones you've got up there are having two engines except the Yak-15. How about the Ta-183? Thats got a single engine...did that one start?

Daiichidoku
05-28-2007, 01:02 PM
ddi u try to fire the jet in the 250 before the pistoon engine? wont work unless piston engine turning

perhaps same for la7R?

Aviar
05-28-2007, 06:55 PM
TheGozr is correct.

When 1946 was released, there were known issues concerning CERTAIN planes on CERTAIN airfields on CERTAIN maps.

As far as I know, these were not fixed in 4.08.

For instance, place a player-controlled Me-262A-1a on the Genova airfield on the Italy Online map and try to start it up. You'll see what TheGozr is talking about.

In fact, even the AI cannot start these 'problem' planes.

It's not only jets, as I remember at least one prop plane that also wouldn't start.

Aviar

dbillo
05-28-2007, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aviar:
...For instance, place a player-controlled Me-262A-1a on the Genova airfield on the Italy Online map and try to start it up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just tried it as a single player mission, and couldn't start. However, as a dogfight map, it worked fine. Same plane, same base. Very odd.

Snodrvr
06-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Alright, I think I've figured this out. The way the game handles engine startings is dependent on two areas, at airfield and not at airfield.

The "at airfield" area can be set by using the "Home Base" object in the mission builder, there also appears to be a value for this hardcoded into the airbases already on a map.

Inside an "At Airfield" area, your engines will always start when you hit the starter, assuming you haven't reduced your mixture to 0%. Outside of this area, there is a random chance your engines won't restart, and in a Jet your speed also has to be at a certain point.

The problem seems to be, They never set up the "At Airfield" area for that particular field. Maybe if we get a list of fields like this, we can get it fixed in 4.09.

In the mean time, you can get around this, by using a Test runway directly on top of the original runway.

dbillo
06-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Might this fix also work by simply adding a Home Base to those problem fields, even for Single player and Coop mission?

Although, the home base would never show up in the Single or Coop, it might allow the jets to start engines.

A theory I need to test...