PDA

View Full Version : unexplained sinking

silentkiller198
08-16-2006, 12:01 PM
I have been playing Grey Wolves mod, it's around 1940. I am making my way towards Hartlepool everything is fine until, I suddenly get flodding as I'm heading to the bottom at a rapid rate of knots, where I meet my end!!!

Does anyone know why? Might it be mines in the water? are there mines in Grey Wolves?

Cheers

SK

silentkiller198
08-16-2006, 12:01 PM
I have been playing Grey Wolves mod, it's around 1940. I am making my way towards Hartlepool everything is fine until, I suddenly get flodding as I'm heading to the bottom at a rapid rate of knots, where I meet my end!!!

Does anyone know why? Might it be mines in the water? are there mines in Grey Wolves?

Cheers

SK

Virtual_Adept
08-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Yes, there are in fact mines in GW.

There may be a map or two in your GW documentation folder somewhere showing you where they are.

Shahed_Kazi
08-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Mines. I usually have my obs peri right out of the box under the surface, missed many this way

But first time round all I hear was... actually not much, some valves, air presssure, water leak.. then just a black screen, with the freakin abandon career option.

Marriott90
08-16-2006, 01:49 PM
yeah its definetly mines. You wont hear them when you hit them, there'll just be sudden damage

Foehammer-1
08-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Back when I had GW, I decided to head out of Lorient via the eastern edge of that little island near the bay entrance. This was my first patrol with GW. I decoded to take some screens, dove the boat to 25 meters, went to outside cam... OM*G!!! I was cruising right between two long strips of mines. I didn't make it. After I reloaded the mission, I took the path to the north of that island. Death message again!! Only then did I realize that I ran into a mine (obviously), and then into a subnet, jusging from the mines/nets map http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

silentkiller198
08-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks, do tthey float on the surface? can they be eblow the surface?

VikingGrandad
08-17-2006, 03:34 PM
As far as I know, mines in SH3 are always below the surface.

Foehammer-1
08-17-2006, 07:07 PM
AND, they can be at different depths, so don't think you are safe if you dive.