PDA

View Full Version : Daft Question but...

Thr0tt
10-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Apart from the carriers what is the main difference between AEP and PF ?

I did enjoy IL2FB and AEP but was wondering, as I am a bit more casual with FS's now, was it worth the addon ?

Chuck_Older
10-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Well, for one thing, crews that ditch in the water are apparently in life rafts and floating on their vests

Ships don't just submerge, they stick up out of the water when sunk

The dynamic campaign now appears to be influenced by the player to the point of victory/defeat

there's a whole bunch new maps

there's more flyable bombers

And more, I should think. I don't even have PF, but this info is from screenshots I've seen and from info gleaned from posts on the forums

Nose art application is apparently an option for some planes

Snootles
10-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Opening canopies, adjustable seats, folding wings, better mission flow/design for dynamic campaign, improved torpedo performance, complex ship DM's, better muzzle flashes, etc etc...

heywooood
10-20-2004, 06:54 PM
nope - not atall - move along now.

Thr0tt
10-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Fair enough. I will hold off on this one then.

Thanks.

Chuck_Older
10-21-2004, 07:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thr0tt:

Thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeez, we gave you all sorts of diffeences that make PF worth getting and you act as if we said it can't be worth it.

Whatever, i can't make you do anything

VW-IceFire
10-21-2004, 09:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thr0tt:

Thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeez, we gave you all sorts of diffeences that make PF worth getting and you act as if we said it can't be worth it.

Whatever, i can't make you do anything <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats what I say...but whatever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If a whole new theater, tons of new planes, new history, new carrier landing types, new bombers(!) isn't enough....who knows what is.

Snootles
10-21-2004, 09:58 PM
Monkeys! PF isn't worth the buy if there aren't monkeys, especially flyable ones!