PDA

View Full Version : Future Soldier PC Cancelled or Delayed?

R0CKY
06-18-2011, 06:17 AM
I'd previously posted that the lack of PC specific info on GR:FS was standard for Ubisoft pending console releases, however I'm starting to wonder.

Official German Forums (http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1841012138/m/1081073229?r=1681033139#1681033139) <--- Only console versions of GR:FS listed.

+ Amazon.co.uk have reportedly pulled the PC version from their store.

+ Dev's at E3 only spoke about it being released for consoles.

+ Will Ubisoft really release two seperate Ghost Recon PC games in the space of a few months?

What's really frustrating about this is that we've all seen how cool FS looks at E3, now PC owners are left feeling like someone's just shut the door on them.

On the other hand, perhaps Ubi Pierre was just posting the known release dates and as yet there is no PC date.

Also, FS PC *is* still listed on Amazon.com.

I think Ubisoft need to come clean about this sooner rather than later. If there is no PC version, shut this forum down, if there is and it is just delayed, ask Ubi Pierre to clarify his "console only" post.

I don't know what to make of it, but I'm starting to get that sickly feeling in my stomach..... please Ubi, just tell us straight.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

R0CKY
06-18-2011, 06:17 AM
I'd previously posted that the lack of PC specific info on GR:FS was standard for Ubisoft pending console releases, however I'm starting to wonder.

Official German Forums (http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1841012138/m/1081073229?r=1681033139#1681033139) &lt;--- Only console versions of GR:FS listed.

+ Amazon.co.uk have reportedly pulled the PC version from their store.

+ Dev's at E3 only spoke about it being released for consoles.

+ Will Ubisoft really release two seperate Ghost Recon PC games in the space of a few months?

What's really frustrating about this is that we've all seen how cool FS looks at E3, now PC owners are left feeling like someone's just shut the door on them.

On the other hand, perhaps Ubi Pierre was just posting the known release dates and as yet there is no PC date.

Also, FS PC *is* still listed on Amazon.com.

I think Ubisoft need to come clean about this sooner rather than later. If there is no PC version, shut this forum down, if there is and it is just delayed, ask Ubi Pierre to clarify his "console only" post.

I don't know what to make of it, but I'm starting to get that sickly feeling in my stomach..... please Ubi, just tell us straight.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

kalenath
06-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Corporate policy for Ubisoft now is silence. They are not going to change that for anyone or anything.

Besides, Ghost Recon Online is likely to be PC only so THAT is likely the PC gamer's version of the game. Free to play... Meh...

But they will likely keep the forum open for people to scream, yell rant and rave about the game here. Would likely cost more money to shut it down than to keep it open anyway and that is all any corporation cares about.

Mikeseoz
06-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Exactly as i though... Ghost recon online will be the PC version, SAD but TRUE,

So UBISOFT GO TO HELL.

R0CKY
06-18-2011, 05:26 PM
However, as Pave Low points out here (http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56968&view=findpost&p=574727)the PC version of Future Soldier is still showing as a digital download in the Ubi store, so all is not lost, there is hope!

Mikeseoz
06-18-2011, 06:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by R0CKY:
However, as Pave Low points out here (http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56968&view=findpost&p=574727)the PC version of Future Soldier is still showing as a digital download in the Ubi store, so all is not lost, there is hope! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets hope buddy...

Gypsy816
06-20-2011, 04:28 PM
As mentioned in other threads:

A GR:FS PC version is not being discussed at this time but please understand that Ghost Recon Online is NOT meant to be Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC. Ghost Recon Online is a completely separate game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ecma4
06-20-2011, 07:53 PM
@Gypsy816 I know you mean well, but that obviously is not a real answer. I doubt (please correct me if I'm wrong) that you actually have any more information then the other posters here on this topic.

I don't understand why we can't get a real response to this? This attitude towards PC gamers has been going on here for years now. I can't count the number of times it has been said that "things are changing" "we understand the frustration" etc, etc, etc. But is always the same. What possible reason is there for this behavior that honestly just comes across as rude and uncaring. Its not just Ghost Recon, this same approach to PC gamers is seen with Rainbow6 & Splinter Cell too.

We're just fans, we want to be excited about the next game, but continually we're left feeling ignored, frustrated, and more focused on whether the game is even coming out, never mind feelings of excitement & eagerness. What could a company possibly gain by making their customers feel like?

NarcissistZero
06-20-2011, 10:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by R0CKY:
However, as Pave Low points out here (http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56968&view=findpost&p=574727)the PC version of Future Soldier is still showing as a digital download in the Ubi store, so all is not lost, there is hope! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is a good sign, especially since it uses the new cover art. That means someone recently put that up.

Let's hope it happens. It might be a download-only version like RUSE, which is better than nothing certainly.

BFM-TiTo
06-21-2011, 04:17 AM
If there is a PC version coming, it will be after the console release.

This picture shows an updated release list from last week, so after E3 (by Ubisoft Germany). Changes are marked in red.

http://i.imgur.com/HGh0l.jpg

But note how Assassin's Creed Revelations is listed with all three platforms (although we don't know yet if it actually will be a simultaneous release)

kalenath
06-22-2011, 06:39 AM
They are going to wait and see if the console version bombs before putting any money at all into a PC version.

Oh they may WORK on it, but actually get it ready to release? Probably not. Doesn't make financial sense to throw good money after bad, now does it?

ecma4
06-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Well, UBI seems to be sending a pretty clear message. They have no intention of responding to this. Cancellation feels very absolute at this point.

kalenath
06-30-2011, 03:21 AM
I don't think they are making a game, no matter what they SAY.

I think they are making a somewhat interactive movie. The idea of course is that movies are linear, they follow the script, and while they can be tough to make, they do not usually require nearly the amount of story work.

A 'Choose your own adventure movie'? Not going to happen.

In a movie, people watch characters go from point A to point B as directed by the movie. The characters take actions as directed by the movie script, with no interaction required.

Sound familiar?

With things like Kinect, I wonder if movies WILL have a small interactive function as time goes by. Maybe some of THEM will start to be non-linear as games become more so.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Ubisoft HAS taken this road, and to hell with it's playerbase who just wanted a good Ghost Recon game.

Ubi knows we didn't really want a game anyway. We wanted a movie that we watch, instead of something that we INTERACT with.

Hoak
07-09-2011, 01:51 PM
We? I don't know who you think 'we' is but I wanted a game. I'd prefer good old vanilla Ghost Recon, perhaps souped up on an updated engine, but I'll take the Future Soldier or any flavor of Ghost Recon Ubisoft wants to deliver.

Even at their worst the Tom Clancy games are better then the run of the mill, and Ubisoft puts a lot of time, attention and design craft into these games even if they're not everyone's ideal...

kalenath
07-10-2011, 11:49 AM
I was being sarcastic, but Ubi is sure acting like that is their corporate policy now.

PC users are persona non grata with Ubi these days anyway. Consoles are their focus and they couldn't care less about PC. That is NOT sarcastic btw, just the truth.

Consoles ARE the wave of the future after all. PC gamers are just old dinosaurs who do nothing but whine about 'the good old days'.

After all, we don't matter. All we were were the PEOPLE who BOUGHT their ****ING games. We don't matter now, because they have new markets that are far more important.

kleaneasy
07-19-2011, 07:45 AM
The last I knew was the same as Gypsy has posted, however in light of the recent events I'm double checking the situation. I'll let you know what I can find out

EDIT - To follow up on this, I can't really add anything Gypsy hasnt already said. As things stand there's no information to suggest it has been cancelled, we're just not communicating on the game at present which includes any information on a release date.

As and when that changes and we've got information to share we will

ecma4
07-19-2011, 05:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
The last I knew was the same as Gypsy has posted, however in light of the recent events I'm double checking the situation. I'll let you know what I can find out

EDIT - To follow up on this, I can't really add anything Gypsy hasnt already said. As things stand there's no information to suggest it has been cancelled, we're just not communicating on the game at present which includes any information on a release date.

As and when that changes and we've got information to share we will </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you very much for following up, ms-kleaneasy. We really appreciate it!

kalenath
07-20-2011, 06:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:

As and when that changes and we've got information to share we will </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So they tell YOU as much as they tell US?

Um... Okay...

Your bosses need to look up a very complicated word in the dictionary. It's called 'communication'. It references to 'efficiency', 'courtesy', 'feedback' and a number of other hard words.

It sounds like your bosses need some classes in elementary communication, ms-kleaneasy. I can recommend some decent online courses.

BOTA-16
07-27-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't see it on the UBIShop anymore for PC download......

kalenath
07-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Well, why would the tell us?

We don't matter. All we are is the customer. Ubisoft couldn't care less about us.

R0CKY
07-27-2011, 06:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by athenian:
I don't see it on the UBIShop anymore for PC download...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh it's been removed....

kleaneasy
07-29-2011, 06:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kalenath:
Well, why would the tell us?

We don't matter. All we are is the customer. Ubisoft couldn't care less about us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I didnt not say anything, I posted in another thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3291043913/m/9811064839) answering the question but forgot to post here also.

kalenath
07-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Sorry, I didnt not say anything, I posted in another thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3291043913/m/9811064839) answering the question but forgot to post here also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apology accepted. In now way are my rants aimed at you or Kimi, ms-kleaneasy.

Not your fault that your bosses are morons. Appeal to the COD crowd by going away from everything that made Ghost Recon different...? Um... Ok.... And the GHOST RECON fans are left in the lurch.

For the record, I DID NOT want a scripted, hands held, utterly implausible gadgets game that tells me exactly where the bad guys are, what to do when and holds my hand through each crazy sequence. I wanted GHOST RECON. I wanted challenging, I wanted hard, I wanted a squad to command, I wanted Ghost Recon back. What I have seen from your company and others is NOT what I thought Ghost Recon was. Maybe Ghost Recon crossed with GI JOE done by Micheal Bay.

Ah well, for modern warfare fix I will play BF3. Some DECENT games that DO remain true to their franchises are coming out in March. And I bet they sell extremely well. GRFS? I bet it sells for a month like Conviction did and then bombs when people realize how shallow most Ubisoft games are now.

Kable73
08-02-2011, 08:29 PM
PC version is still listed at EBGames Canada!
http://www.gamestop.ca/browse?...Recon+Future+Soldier (http://www.gamestop.ca/browse?nav=16k-Ghost+Recon+Future+Soldier)

kalenath
08-03-2011, 05:11 AM
They just haven't gotten around to TELLING everyone that it was all a lie.

Maybe they WILL port the game to PC. If they do, bets on it being broken?

kleaneasy
08-04-2011, 05:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kalenath:

Maybe they WILL port the game to PC. If they do, bets on it being broken? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets not distort the facts please, as you'll see by my post in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3291043913/m/9811064839?r=8621026939#8621026939) the game as I've explained before was never announced on PC. There was no lie as you put it

Kable73
08-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Well then, lets just keep hoping it comes to the PC. maybe its just going to be late! if it does comes to the PC I'll deff get it because the PC is the only system I have.

kalenath
08-04-2011, 07:17 AM

Maybe they WILL port the game to PC. If they do, bets on it being broken? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets not distort the facts please, as you'll see by my post in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3291043913/m/9811064839?r=8621026939#8621026939) the game as I've explained before was never announced on PC. There was no lie as you put it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, my bad, AGAIN.

No lie.

Just omission, silence, misleading statements, no clarification, no communications AT ALL.

But no lie.

I am sure that eventually the game WILL come out on PC. It will be a half way planned, horribly implemented port like most recent Ubi games. GRAW 2 was an exception to this and has yet to be duplicated. It is unlikely to be duplicated.

My prediction is this:

By the release of GRFS for PC sometime in late 2013/early 2014, a game will likely have come along to take Ghost Recon's place in the PC tactical gaming spotlight and no one will be bothered to buy GRFS for the PC except the die hard fans who were going to buy it anyway.

But none of this really matters because PC gamers are apparently persona non grata with Ubisoft now.

Newdrax89
08-12-2011, 11:49 AM

Lets not distort the facts please, as you'll see by my post in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3291043913/m/9811064839?r=8621026939#8621026939) the game as I've explained before was never announced on PC. There was no lie as you put it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so why is there whole PC forum if the game was never announced to PC???? i would love o see Future soldier on PC instead of GR Online crap, but Ubisoft love o treat PC like s**t and I am sarting to believe that PC version of Future Soldier replaced GRO and it never comes to PC

Kable73
08-14-2011, 12:13 PM
It was announced on PC just after the live movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...zeyEY&feature=relmfu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv_Px5zeyEY&feature=relmfu)

kalenath
08-14-2011, 04:42 PM
And then they didn't tell us anything. And won't.

It's not 'important' enough to the bigwigs to be true to their consumers.We don't matter. All we do is buy their games. Why the **** would we matter?

MeanMF
08-19-2011, 06:42 AM
June E3 trailer:

http://i.imgur.com/u1Ku7.jpg

August Gamescom video:

http://i.imgur.com/FqPxh.jpg

kalenath
08-19-2011, 07:31 AM
*sigh*

Are we surprised in any way, shape or form?

ecma4
08-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Humbug. I really wish we would just get a straight answer. I don't have an XBOX or PS3 so I would really like to know if any of the media even applies to me in the slightest. The signs certainly indicate that it does not.

If its not coming out why not say so? If it is, why are they removing every reference to the PC platform in new media?

kalenath
08-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Because silence is better than angering people?

Because they don't care about PC since PC players are a small minority in today's gaming world? (FALSE btw)

Because they are completely clueless as to what is actually going on?

Because no one in the game studio actually bothers to read the forums or can't because they don't read English?

Take your pick.

TermlessHalo
08-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Its not coming out for PC anymore or what?

kalenath
08-19-2011, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TermlessHalo:
Its not coming out for PC anymore or what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your guess is as good as ours. They won't tell us ****.

adarwinter
08-20-2011, 04:20 AM
I kinda find it funny how kim is claiming the never officially announced the pc version qnd she's claiming it on the GR:future soldier PC forums ubi has created themselves for the intended pc version of the game.

The reality Is dead obvious:
They planned a pc version. Later on they found out thtat for some reason they r not sure if they can deliver the pc version (since a few things have changed in the gameplay of GRFS since 2010 i'd assume that these changes required money and budget calculations made ubi question the pc version's priority).
Now they r still not sure if the pc version will come out so instead of releasing an official announcement that might be false (if the pc version willturn up) they keep their mouths shut.
Also if they announce a delay or cancellation of the version then the press will publish this info which will draw negative attention to ubi from the pc community that isnt aware of the issue yet.

In other words- ubi, is kinda hiding the fact that the pc version is no longer certain but without lying about it.

It's a cold business decision and thats it. No hatread or caring towards the pc community is shown here. Just cold business decisions.

kalenath
08-20-2011, 05:05 AM
Yeah, the Ghost Recon Online 'stuff' is likely to be the best Ubi can offer for PC.

After all, multiplayer is all anyone wants anymore. No one wants single player stories or even hard games.

Maybe, eventually, they will make a version for PC. Provided the console version doesn't bomb. I just hope is it more in line with GRAW 2 (Increased difficulty and FPV) instead of the more common crappy ports that they have been showing lately.

adarwinter
08-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Yeah, the Ghost Recon Online 'stuff' is likely to be the best Ubi can offer for PC.

After all, multiplayer is all anyone wants anymore. No one wants single player stories or even hard games.

Maybe, eventually, they will make a version for PC. Provided the console version doesn't bomb. I just hope is it more in line with GRAW 2 (Increased difficulty and FPV) instead of the more common crappy ports that they have been showing lately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh, we woke up on the optimistic side, didnt we?
We both know that if GRFS will show up on the PC it will be identical.
Ubi is more into casual gamers these past few years (see AC). Easy games thqt r easy to play and easy to beat.
Though im pretty sure that GRFS on consoles WILL have difficulty options.

Im still opti
Istic about gr online but its no substitution to grfs.
The latest few vids showed me a game i'd definitely buy if it came out to the pc. Port or no port.

ecma4
08-20-2011, 11:30 AM
This caught my eye today, kind of funny that UBI is asking us to pre-order a game that has never been announced.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6175/unledycv.png

This is from their Facebook page. Its old though, so no indication that they are still planning to release it.

kalenath
08-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Nah, no one has bothered to fix it.

Not 'important' enough I guess. Of course if someone DOES fall for it, and spends money, well that's just better for Ubisoft, right? More money for them. Who CARES if there is a product?

Money is money. Money for nothing is even better.

MeanMF
08-20-2011, 06:06 PM
It used to be available for preorder on Ubisoft's store, but they removed it a while back.

ecma4
08-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Here is another image showing mention of a PC version, this is from the official UBI site homepage:

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8773/grubisite.png

So many mixed signals.

ecma4
08-22-2011, 05:11 PM
And the plot thickens, the above image was from the Canadian site, the United States site has the same image with one obvious difference, no "PC" version is mentioned. Looks like someone has done a little house cleaning here...

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2310/grubisiteus.png

EDIT: The Canadian site has a game profile for it too, this does not exist on the US site. See here: http://www.ubi.com/ENCA/Games/Info.aspx?pId=8781

ecma4
08-22-2011, 05:25 PM
One more, this is from one of their trailers. How can they say the game was "never announced for PC" when they published mention of it in so many places?

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5937/grpcp.png

kalenath
08-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Its probably less expensive to leave the outdated (Note: I DO NOT say false) stuff in than to remove it.

Who knows, maybe they WILL put out a port sometime.

fires2006
08-25-2011, 09:46 AM
This is the PC Future soldier forums so the game must be coming out on the PC right?

This is just too weird. After all this time why now do we even have to ask a question like this just beggars belief.

kalenath
08-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Because Ubisoft figures that silence is better policy. They figure that no matter how hard and dry they shaft their fans, people will still buy the game.

Sad thing is, they are probably right.

Dsrtd
08-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Well, all I have to say guys is, that we need to move on, Ubisoft has progressed to worsen in their approach towards dedicated GR gamers ever since they launced the sequals to success the succesfull original GR - a game that I still find to have some of the best and well thought realistic gameplay modes ever to have been created. None of the last games has been able to lift this old legacy. The Sheer hope of GR FS to lift up to somewhat the same level as the first game in this series, has got me to actual look forward to the release of a Ubisoft game for a very long time - sadly the story continues. UBIsoft yet another time dissapoint its GR fans. That said, sure there's console versions, but that will never reach the same level as a PC game - regarding speed and graphics. Real FPS has to be played by keyboard and not a silly joystick http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The recent comotions - indicating a massive setback in the makings of the pc-version or maybe even cancellation is just a typical UBI stunt, and doesnt really surprise me. disregarding the reason for the coverup of the surely and documented previous stated PC release, shows the poor UBI handling of the fans and contributors of this forums clearly. This to me, indicates how little they care - somewhat mocking the community.

Dont give us this political mumbojumbo - saying a release date never has been mentioned, when several prooffull cases can be thrown into the bucket. Its just not good enough. Saying theres a lack of communication in between the sections of the UBI firm - so that the forumeditors know Sh... is a load of good old BS. Atleast come up with a decent excuse.

I say, lets all forget about this GR FS, and then maybe be happily surprised when finding a copy of it in the store a few years from now - outdated. Lets instead as hardcore fans of the original values of the GR genra, spend the time used in here to discuss the makings of a freeware GR game, only then will we be sure that the game lives up to our anticipations, and wont have to depend on mindless UBI media stunts one after another...

kalenath
08-31-2011, 08:19 AM
They won't do that.

It would be polite. By their definition, they are simply doing good business. They will just keep on doing it.

We, PC gamers, do not matter to big companies anymore. Console gamers are all that matter now.

It would be polite of them to at least let us know. But then again, it would be POLITE. 'Polite' and Ubisoft do not go together in the same sentence anymore. They are a business, in business to make money. Customers exist to buy their games and nothing else.

Customers are worthless, stupid wallets to Ubisoft. No more, no less.

Admittedly, all companies are this way to some degree. A company that does not mind it's bottom line is not going to remain in business.

However, Ubisoft has set the standard for lack of customer support, lack of communication and ABSOLUTE lack of care about the people who made them who and what they are. The customer.

Hint, Ubisoft (Not that I expect ANY of you actually read any of this):

If you treat people like mushrooms, (i.e. keep them in the dark and feed them BS), they TEND to get annoyed.

Maybe you DO have good reason for your silence. Maybe not. Personally, I am now taking a page from the Ubisoft corporate playbook. I don't care anymore.

I will keep posting until I get banned, but I won't buy this.

I MIGHT buy Assassin's Creed Revelations, but not until it hits the bargain bins. There is no way in HELL I am EVER paying full price for one of your titles again until and unless you people make some SERIOUS changes to your services.

Dsrtd
09-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Kalenath, I couldnt agree more... instead of ignoring dedicated fans, they might even benefit from listening to their ideas and thoughs. Atleast that would be a good reason for a forum, this is not. It is true that companies need to focuse on the bottom line, but not entirely - It must be in their best interest to produce the best game possible, and looking at cost vs. income wouldnt nessesary create the biggest turnover - atleast not on the short run.

Seems mindless and boarderline stupid to announce a PC-version, start production (if that even is the case) just to cancel the production 3/4 from the finishing line... But that just might put UBI into perspective...

ghostjwm
09-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Actually I believe that you will see many companies coming back to the PC gamer. I own all major consoles and multiple gaming PC's and I can tell you that my son's ages 8 and 10 both prefer PC gaming or playing on our Android tablets. I believe with the tablet advantage over consoles that the day of buying dedicated gaming consoles has passed and you will see a steady decline which will in the future push more software companies back to the PC. As for the new GR PC game I don't have much hope that it will be successful on either consoles or PC's even though it is one of my favorite all time PC games.

MoonEyes2k
10-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Interesting point here is UBI claiming 'we never said it would be out on PC'.
Now, that is an out and out LIE. One need only check the Gamespot Stage Demo from E3 2010.
'Gabrielle from Ubisoft', whoever she is, clearly states that the game will be out on X-Box 360, PS3, PC, OF COURSE(emphasis mine).

That is a direct quote, from a person employed by UBI, at least at that time, at the biggest game expo there is, on video, from what is one of the largest game sites out there. More official than that, you don't get.

ecma4
10-18-2011, 07:29 PM
UbiSoft employees have said so on these forums as well.

kalenath
10-19-2011, 05:15 AM
But again, why would Ubisoft Paris care?

If they lie to their customers, why is it THEIR problem? It is Ubisoft's problem, and we all know how THEY handle problems, now, don't we? They ignore them.

Ah well. No matter. I wasn't going to buy the kiddie difficulty COD clone anyway.

bandag99
11-10-2011, 02:58 AM
UBI always pulls this crap with us pc gamers.For the last ten years,when any of the franchise games were announced they always followed up with multiple delays and setbacks in dates.Now they are just plain cutting out their interest in developing those games that got them where they are today.Look how long it took to even mention GR FS. and finally there is hope for a new R6. Wow ubi you guys are selling us out(pc gamers) when we made you your stardom.Thats b_ ll_hit!!!I am so sick of console gaming getting all the attention these days.Thats really _ _cked up UBI if you guys dont follow through with that teaser trailer of GR FS you showed us. I some how had a feeling this was eventually going to happen ,I just didn't think it was going to be this soon. I 'm really disappointed in you lack of seriousness being spent on pc gaming.

kalenath
11-10-2011, 07:13 AM
They made a choice in marketing direction. They focused on consoles.

PC players had better realize this quick.

WE

DO

NOT

MATTER

TO

UBISOFT

ANYMORE!

They will get their money from consoles and hand us last week's laundry. THEN they will wonder why we complain. After all, they GAVE US SOMETHING.

And the MAIN reason they went to console? Its easier to give crappy support for consoles than for PCs. PC owners tend to complain more. More to ignore/delete from email. That takes time away from IMPORTANT things. Like figuring out how to lie by omission in the best possible ways.

Sad. They WERE a premier games company on PC AND console. Now they act like the bottom level of pond scum.

bandag99
11-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Kalenath you are so right,what we both see and understand about this company is that they took us pc gamers and sold us or a song,a sh_tty one at that. But oh high and mighty UBI seems to forget,is that it was us PC GAMERS that put them on the map way before they even got interested with console gaming.How easy they forget before they bought the Tom Clancy franchise and when they purchased Red Storm,we even bought more games. We made GHOST RECON ,RAINBOW 6,THE BROTHERS IN ARMS,SPLINTER CELLS,IL2 STURMOVIK. All those games became console games because of the pc gamer. And this is the the thanks we get UBI MONTREAL Well you can kiss my white irish _ ss! I see where your loyality truly is!

THS-RAMPAGE
11-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Ubisoft should just focus on far cry 3 for now on pc, all these other 'new named games' shouldn't be named something they are not.
Ghost recon online looks like a nintendo wii port
Future soldier definitely needs to have a controller for that experience.

from the ghost recon online trailer shown I am disgusted, the game is very unstable when zooming in and out from 3rd person to the scope, your use of tactics is way too much and looks handled in a very bad manor.

Just bring back the normal reticules and normal 'open' terrain maps, with normal peeks, side steps, tip toe, threat indicator, mid air nade explosions, and real life combat/strategy that made the games fun.

Ryuzito
11-25-2011, 04:24 AM
I don't care for Future Soldier nor Online. The Ghost Recon series died after the first title.