PDA

View Full Version : In Revelations, PLEASE change the pistol!

A_Bird_Person
07-10-2011, 01:48 PM
In AC:B, I never used the pistol once I unlocked the crossbow. I asked around, and my friends said they did the same thing! Can the pistol change in Revelations to give it some advantage?

A_Bird_Person
07-10-2011, 01:48 PM
In AC:B, I never used the pistol once I unlocked the crossbow. I asked around, and my friends said they did the same thing! Can the pistol change in Revelations to give it some advantage?

reini03
07-10-2011, 01:55 PM
You can already shoot poison darts with it. I know that's not a mechanism of the hidden pistol, but hey... you could count it as one. Extending the time needed to aim the crossbow would be appreciated, though...

EvileBluemonst
07-10-2011, 01:55 PM
I also dident use the pistol in <a href="http://evilbluemonster.hostzi.com/">assassins creed</a> B

glenneey
07-10-2011, 02:44 PM
I donīt use the pistol that much either, i only use it for the good feeling it gives me when it goes BOOM.

Jexx21
07-10-2011, 03:13 PM
The only reason I ever used the Crossbow instead of the Pistol was because I don't think it's realistic that guards can't hear a pistol shot.

LieutenantJojo
07-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I didn't use it that much either because of the crossbow, but I did use it often while fighting though. It's pretty nice to fire your gun when you are fighting with your blade by simply holding the button. And to be honest, I think this change already made a lot of gamers use it more than in AC2, because I sure as hell didn't use it back then. I believe your notoriety went up more than usual when using the gun and then I had to go find those posters again. But I do think they did a pretty good job with that in ACB.

On a side note, I wonder if they'll give us another new weapon to fill that last spot in our weapon circle (or whatever it's called)...

L.Cie
07-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I never bought the crossbow, and only used the pistol when I wanted to shake it up a bit, or for those amazing poison darts. Those, I utilized all the time.

I don't think either of them need an advantage, honestly -- they're both hideously overpowered, and there isn't any penalty for using that thunder-spawning pistol. How on earth is that sneaky?
If anything, both of them should be made weaker, slower, whatever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A_Bird_Person
07-10-2011, 11:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LieutenantJojo:
I didn't use it that much either because of the crossbow, but I did use it often while fighting though. It's pretty nice to fire your gun when you are fighting with your blade by simply holding the button. And to be honest, I think this change already made a lot of gamers use it more than in AC2, because I sure as hell didn't use it back then. I believe your notoriety went up more than usual when using the gun and then I had to go find those posters again. But I do think they did a pretty good job with that in ACB.

On a side note, I wonder if they'll give us another new weapon to fill that last spot in our weapon circle (or whatever it's called)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think that they have to save the one spot, for things like the Apple of Eden. If you looked in the weapon circle when holding the Apple, it filled the one spot. And don't forget about the hookblade.

sassinscreed
07-11-2011, 02:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bradford2011:
In AC:B, I never used the pistol once I unlocked the crossbow. I asked around, and my friends said they did the same thing! Can the pistol change in Revelations to give it some advantage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you want to use pistol more then crossbow, then don't use crossbow and use pistol it's not that hard nobody forces you to use crossbow

blazefp
07-11-2011, 03:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LieutenantJojo:

On a side note, I wonder if they'll give us another new weapon to fill that last spot in our weapon circle (or whatever it's called)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you. Killing 2 guys at the same time is very cool, i just love to do that. Just make it easier to use, sometimes I try to use it and it doesn't work, or work later. And while fighting the time we have to wait until Ezio shoots should be less too. It gives time to other guards to kill us easly.

iN3krO
07-11-2011, 07:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

On a side note, I wonder if they'll give us another new weapon to fill that last spot in our weapon circle (or whatever it's called)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you. Killing 2 guys at the same time is very cool, i just love to do that. Just make it easier to use, sometimes I try to use it and it doesn't work, or work later. And while fighting the time we have to wait until Ezio shoots should be less too. It gives time to other guards to kill us easly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do u ask for easier features instead of trying to get skill?

Altair was not badass, the player using him was badass.
Ezio is badass, the player using him is nothing.

I wan't to be badass http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Turkiye96
07-11-2011, 08:20 AM
well personally there is an advantage to the pistol as you can kill borgia captains in one shot while the crossbow takes many, however this is only for the borgia captains i am hoping to see that it takes more shots to kill guards so that if you want to dispose of a guard in one go you can use the hidden gun i started a survey about this...

E-Zekiel
07-11-2011, 09:34 PM
On the realism side, a pistol from the 15th and 16th centuries had no real advantages over a crossbow except for portability.

Even in the modern day, there are only limited advantages that a pistol actually has over a crossbow in any situations we would come across similar to AC. Main advantage would be rate of fire and, again, portability. But when it comes to 16th century guns, rate of fire is not a factor - crossbow fires faster.

But a pistol is easier to carry around (and conceal).

Sinore_Assassin
07-11-2011, 09:42 PM
For one its a pistol that is hidden and portable, in the 15th century for goodness sake, and you want it to get even better? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Pinkinpeasly
07-12-2011, 12:37 AM
forget the pistol, what about throwing knives?
also, one cool thing about the pistol is that it will kill Borgia tower captains in one hit, while the crossbow will not.

EmmaBemma
07-12-2011, 04:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pinkinpeasly:
forget the pistol, what about throwing knives? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Throwing knives allow you to kill multiple targets with one throw. That's a good enough reason to use them for me. Though once Arrow Storm became available, I used them less.

FiskMunk
07-12-2011, 04:30 AM
I think the pistol is fine as it is, with its one-hit kills... However, how come guards won't react to the sound? The pistol should be a weapon to only be used as a last resort or when it's due for a more "demonstrative" assassination, and not something to clear out archers with (While I too usually use the crossbow for that stealthy stuff, I've found it 100% possible to also use the gun :I)

Perhaps it should take even less time to aim, too - As in a completely instant kill, no matter the distance from a target, though with the usual limited ammunition and unique ability of attracting the entire city guard of your presence.

I'm rambling. Bottom line: Make it louder, so that the hearing-impaired guards may be alerted of our coolness.

Edit: Also, how come you have to "charge" your knives if you want to kill an enemy instantly? Altaïr was a lot cooler in that regard, throwing knives and dropping bodies like a mofo.

sassinscreed
07-12-2011, 05:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bradford2011:
In AC:B, I never used the pistol once I unlocked the crossbow. I asked around, and my friends said they did the same thing! Can the pistol change in Revelations to give it some advantage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually how would you want it to be changed? hidden automatic machine gun? i really don't see how different it could be to get better

LightRey
07-12-2011, 06:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sassinscreed:

actually how would you want it to be changed? hidden automatic machine gun? i really don't see how different it could be to get better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A hidden flamethrower would be pretty cool. Maybe based on greek fire? :P

sassinscreed
07-12-2011, 12:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sassinscreed:

actually how would you want it to be changed? hidden automatic machine gun? i really don't see how different it could be to get better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A hidden flamethrower would be pretty cool. Maybe based on greek fire? :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it would be cool if in revelations ezio has hidden blade, hidden machine gun, hook blade, hidden flamethrower, poison blade in just one small bracer on his hand, together with sniper scope

dchil279
07-12-2011, 03:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it would be cool if in revelations ezio has hidden blade, hidden machine gun, hook blade, hidden flamethrower, poison blade in just one small bracer on his hand, together with sniper scope </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't forget the tazer

LightRey
07-12-2011, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it would be cool if in revelations ezio has hidden blade, hidden machine gun, hook blade, hidden flamethrower, poison blade in just one small bracer on his hand, together with sniper scope </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't forget the tazer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and the hidden pepper spray can.