PDA

View Full Version : Please tell us ....

zugfuhrer
02-05-2006, 05:28 PM
MS CFS has shown how damagemodels are calculated, how much damage every sector of the a/c can take before it is broken.
CFS also gives the energy of the impact of guns and MG:s.

They give it on exel-sheet where they gives wingarea, rudderarea, drag and thrust etc, etc.

I know that UBI has payed a lot of money to make this game, but could whe get some information about it.

UBI cant be more greedy than Microsoft is, can they.

If and only if the where true figures, that whe experience is true, it would stop all whining on this forum.

zugfuhrer
02-05-2006, 05:28 PM
MS CFS has shown how damagemodels are calculated, how much damage every sector of the a/c can take before it is broken.
CFS also gives the energy of the impact of guns and MG:s.

They give it on exel-sheet where they gives wingarea, rudderarea, drag and thrust etc, etc.

I know that UBI has payed a lot of money to make this game, but could whe get some information about it.

UBI cant be more greedy than Microsoft is, can they.

If and only if the where true figures, that whe experience is true, it would stop all whining on this forum.

danjama
02-05-2006, 05:33 PM
i disagree 109.99%

Capt.LoneRanger
02-05-2006, 05:55 PM
It's nice of them to give away the data, but what does that help, if the flight-modell and damage-modell is porked in CFS?

Actually this is all "whe" learned from CFS http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Bearcat99
02-05-2006, 07:17 PM
What!!??!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

georgeo76
02-05-2006, 07:37 PM
M$ has an open sim so that 3rd partys can finish it for them.

Open structure is nice. I enjoyed it w/ CFS2. But I remember that most of the 3rd party AC, essp the free ones, were ****. I also remember that you could edit some of those files so that a single .50 would do the damage of a 500lb bomb.

It's restrictive having a single 'last word' on quality control. But it's also nice to have a standard. I remember that CFS2 was like 30 different games. Not only did every host set the realism settings, he also set the FM and DM as well. (if they flew 1% AC, you had to too).

BaldieJr
02-05-2006, 09:13 PM
I dont see anything wrong with this request. I don't think hes asking for the ability to alter this data.

Take the [haha no way]'s damage model as an example. If you hit it with anything on its numbers (fuselage not wint) it will explode instantly. Thats a bug that continues to escape scrutiny. I, like others, know it exists but what good is knowing when i still need to put rounds on the numbers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Markku38
02-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Sorry...can't tell - classified http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Siwarrior
02-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Ahhhhhh
* gets out coffee....................

zugfuhrer
02-06-2006, 02:23 AM
I dont whant to make it possible for everyone to model its own aircrafts, only to get a chart that gives us the figures used by UBI-soft, 3D pictures of the aircrafts, damagezones, how the trajectories are calculated.
This would give us the answer why a HE-projectile gives much more damage when shoot from short distance than at long distance.

Danjama please put in some arguments, your reply sounds like an aswer from a little child.

joeap
02-06-2006, 03:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zugfuhrer:
I dont whant to make it possible for everyone to model its own aircrafts, only to get a chart that gives us the figures used by UBI-soft, 3D pictures of the aircrafts, damagezones, how the trajectories are calculated.
This would give us the answer why a HE-projectile gives much more damage when shoot from short distance than at long distance.

Danjama please put in some arguments, your reply sounds like an aswer from a little child. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well sounds reasonable, but it has nothing to do with UBI, the publisher. This is 1C:Maddox Games domain, and I disagree it has anything to do with greed but more the old worry about preventing online cheating. OF course, protecting the "trade secret" might have a role to play too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Capt.LoneRanger
02-06-2006, 03:54 AM
Ehm, excuse me, but this has nothing to do with realsim or anything. You can get the data from any sheet or book. Of course it's always implemented this way, but the effect of these measures is completely dependend on the engine itself and what IT does with these numbers.

GTR for example uses the same data as NFS, but that doesn't give you even the slightest clue, which of the both games is the most accurate.

Infact, depending on the engine, a manipulated set of data could even lead to more precise simulation. Best example: P38 and Bf110 in IL2. Modelled with the correct data, these a/c wouldn't even fly in IL2.

This request may be interesting for statistical purpose, but it is definitely not even the slightest clue of how accurately a plane is modelled. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

zugfuhrer
02-06-2006, 02:32 PM
This matter of adaptation to the game, not with the reality that ruled the fights during WWII.

This game does it best to give us a realistic feeling, and the views are very realistic and I enjoy it.

Other things like the flightmodel is hard for me to say anyting about, I havent flown a spit or a FW, I can only rely on what other have written about it. For example;
The spit was infamous for its bad accelaration, it is not a bad acclererator in this game.

Other things can you make your own conclusions about like; I think is was almost impossible to kill a pilot if you fire at him right from the front, hes body is well protected by the engine and bulletproof glass, but still it happend very often that we get a PK from dead ahead.

As far as I have seen noone that have actually flown a spit or an Me have stated anything about it in this formum, only secondary sources, like "I know a man who has .. and he says...."

I want to know so I can adapt my tactics to the reality of the game.

Capt.LoneRanger
02-06-2006, 03:01 PM
zugfuhrer, I think you just have discovered what the difficulty of making sims is all about. There is data, there are even blueprints and test results, but that doesn't help you anything at all, when you don't have an engine that can cope with these details.
So you create an engine and try to get the results as close to reality as possible. But for this approach the basic data you asked for initially is only a rough guideline, nothing solid and definitely no basis to compare flight modells and levels of realism.

The downside of this is what we have: The spit outruns most blue a/c, especially the early 109s don't turnfight as they should, the armor-plating of the Fw190-Modell was removed to compensate for low-efficiency cal50s, rollrates are off, P38 is still far from what it should be, etc.

Just because CFS gives exact data doesn't mean it's more real or relies on more accurate data. It's nice to read, but it has nothing to do with the flight-modell itself. Maybe in comparision, but flight dynamics are not only about wingareas and control-surfaces, but a lot about the shape and design of the a/c. Even X-Plane can barely cope with all these details right now.

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Maybe it would be cool just to know, but the information isn't necessary for success of any sort. The fact of the matter is, if this information were released it would likely only fuel myriad posts from 'accuracy authorities' about how something MUST be fixed.

In this far-from-perfect world, I am grateful for the efforts and vicarious allowances I've been given by Oleg and Co. I've observed what I would also call some 'innaccuracies' or 'unbalanced' effects, but the truth is, if they're there for me, they're there for everyone else too and this IS just a game afterall.

TB