PDA

View Full Version : Tracks of Flying Tiger action needed!

PlaneEater
06-14-2005, 01:50 AM
Hey guys,

I need edited tracks (ones with the views edited to look like the ones that come with the game) of the Flying Tigers doing their thing for a presentation I'm giving of the Flying Tigers--I'm using PF's track player as a backdrop.

Here's what I need in a nutshell: Hawk 81-A2s vs early war Japanese aircraft, over Pacific maps (the really mountainous online map is ok, too). Custom skins on the Tigers PLEASE! On the IJN/IJAAF planes, not important (but nice to have). Also throw in a few views from the cockpit of the P-40s (quick views from the cockpit while flying in formation, diving on an enemy, maneuvering in combat, firing, etc).

email to:

garagebay9@garagebay9.com

Thanks!

PlaneEater
06-14-2005, 01:50 AM
Hey guys,

I need edited tracks (ones with the views edited to look like the ones that come with the game) of the Flying Tigers doing their thing for a presentation I'm giving of the Flying Tigers--I'm using PF's track player as a backdrop.

Here's what I need in a nutshell: Hawk 81-A2s vs early war Japanese aircraft, over Pacific maps (the really mountainous online map is ok, too). Custom skins on the Tigers PLEASE! On the IJN/IJAAF planes, not important (but nice to have). Also throw in a few views from the cockpit of the P-40s (quick views from the cockpit while flying in formation, diving on an enemy, maneuvering in combat, firing, etc).

email to:

garagebay9@garagebay9.com

Thanks!

Chuck_Older
06-14-2005, 05:59 AM
The only plane in the sim the AVG actually faced in real life is the ki-43

I'll see what I can do for you. How long do you need, and what's this for? You realise of course the Flying Tigers weren't in "the Pacific", they were in Asia, and they faced almost certainly very few IJN aircraft- no Zeroes were faced by them with about 99.999% surety

PlaneEater
06-14-2005, 07:17 AM
I need it by today (the 14th), so whatever you have lying around is fine. Doesn't have to be excruciatingly historically accurate.

I do realize all the details you mentioned, Chuck--I helped build the P-40Bs for PF and I did a LOT of research on the AVG. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fortunately, my audience for this isn't going to be too discriminating. I'm more using it for atmosphere than anything else.

Chuck_Older
06-14-2005, 09:45 AM
By today? Where are you- it's 11:41 am here, and I'm at work until 4 pm. With traffic I won't be home until after 6 pm, EST

In my When Tigers Could Fly campaign, the last movie is a fairly large fight between a group of Ki-43s and some 3rd Squadron H81s, in the online map I used for the Salween gorge

If you removed the text file from that, it would do what you wanted. It's at Airwarfare and Flying Legends.

I'd be happy to do a custom one for you with accurate skins from all three squadrons, but I don't think I can meet your deadline, I'd have to do it all today, plus get it to you from my dial-up at home.

I think the epilogue from my AVG campaign would do for you, but there might not be any in plane shots.

The first movie certainly does, but it's about 6 minutes long, and is AVG versus bombers