PDA

View Full Version : Random Shutdowns!! Help

mschramek1979
12-03-2004, 06:16 PM
I have Pacific Fighers installed a standalone system. I am having random restarts when playing this game. Ive noticed it noticably in multiplayer mode. Ive have the 3.01 patch and did not help. I tried switching to Direct X mode. It seem to help for a while but still is restarting my computer. It seems to happen more often when looking at an external view outside the cockpit. I have an ATI Radeon 8500 with 64 DDR. I belive I have a 350 Watt Power Supply also. 512MB RAM and a Athlon XP 1700XP Processor. Let me know what you guys think.

milelongshlong
12-03-2004, 07:55 PM
Assuming that you're running WindowsXP, turn off the option to automatically restart.

To do this, right click on My Computer, select properties, click the Advanced tab, select Settings under Startup and Recovery, and uncheck Automatically Restart.

This should give you a blue screen next time it happens, and when it does, write down what the error message says and then look up the error at www.technet.com (http://www.technet.com) or post it back here for help.

DarkCanuck420
12-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Wow, now that would have really helped when i had that problem before! Instead i just got a new power supply and an extra fan. usually when the computer restarts its theres not enough power, when it freezes or crashes its drivers/software. thanks for the info! ill copy that down, cause once and a while i still do get the system rebooting on its self.

mschramek1979
12-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Well thanks guys...well Ill play the game tonight and let you know in the morning what the error message was.

Insuber
12-04-2004, 06:03 AM
I got exactly the same isue, but it happens only when I am on PF. I tend to believe it's a bug.

Regards,
Insuber

zarskoe
12-05-2004, 05:24 AM
I' ve been suffering that problems playing PF at a resolution of 1024 * 768 with ATI Radeon 9700. I don' t mind the driver version I was using.

I resolved that trouble just increasing the playing resolution. Now I' m playig PF at its maximum allowed resolution, using last suggested Catalyst driver with no more shut downs of lock-up problems.

zarskoe

Spitf_ACE
12-05-2004, 06:16 AM
You could always try Prime95 (http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm) to test for system stability.

I recently installed a new cpu, and was initially having problems with restarts, and 'memory could not be read' errors. My system would also fail Prime95 almost instantly. After a bit of fiddling about with my ram Prime95 could run for hours without failing, and my computer hasn't crashed since. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VW-IceFire
12-05-2004, 08:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mschramek1979:
I have Pacific Fighers installed a standalone system. I am having random restarts when playing this game. Ive noticed it noticably in multiplayer mode. Ive have the 3.01 patch and did not help. I tried switching to Direct X mode. It seem to help for a while but still is restarting my computer. It seems to happen more often when looking at an external view outside the cockpit. I have an ATI Radeon 8500 with 64 DDR. I belive I have a 350 Watt Power Supply also. 512MB RAM and a Athlon XP 1700XP Processor. Let me know what you guys think. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you have a system monitor that can watch the temperature on your power supply or on your CPU then run that in the background while playing and look at the results log after it crashes and restarts.

That may tell you if you have an overheating issue.

BTW: I'd go in and very carefully dust off your fans and other components. I have a special attachment for my central-vac that lets me get into tight spaces for cleaning computer parts. Its amazing how much dust builds up in a 2-3 month span.

mschramek1979
12-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Well I just got it to shutdown again. Got the blue screen of death. Here is some of the info I got from the screen some may be useful.

*** Stop: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xF7DAF3EF,0xEF219900, 0x00000000)

*** cmaudio.sys Address F7DAF3EF base at F7D7F000 Datestamp 3dd89c0b

I see the cmaudio.sys could this mean its shutting down cause an audio problem. I have intagrated sound board on a SoyoDragon Plus.

I went to the www.technet.com (http://www.technet.com) but didnt see a place to enter any error information and nothing came up for cmaudio.sys.

Any Suggestions???