PDA

View Full Version : Stupid plane ID question

DDad
01-18-2004, 12:00 PM
Was watching a program on Germany, and they had a 10 second or so clip of a Bomber I can't ID- 2 inline engines- Open Cockpit, open front gunner position, Single Tail, fixed undercarriage with "spatted" wheels. Looked rather like a 2 engine TB3. Plane was obviusly flying with the luftwaffe- Swastika on the tail. Any thoughts?

DDad
01-18-2004, 12:00 PM
Was watching a program on Germany, and they had a 10 second or so clip of a Bomber I can't ID- 2 inline engines- Open Cockpit, open front gunner position, Single Tail, fixed undercarriage with "spatted" wheels. Looked rather like a 2 engine TB3. Plane was obviusly flying with the luftwaffe- Swastika on the tail. Any thoughts?

SUPERAEREO
01-18-2004, 12:13 PM
Judging by your description it could have been either a Dornier Do.11 or a Dornier Do.23

Make a search on Yahoo or Google and see if you come up with any matching photos.

S!

MiloMorai
01-18-2004, 12:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUPERAEREO:
Judging by your description it could have been either a Dornier Do.11 or a Dornier Do.23

Make a search on Yahoo or Google and see if you come up with any matching photos.

S!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the Do11 had retractable u/c. The Do13 had the fixed and spatted main gear. Power was provided by BMW VI engines. The Do23 was the final version of the D013(superstition &gt; #13).

SUPERAEREO
01-18-2004, 12:32 PM
I am sure one or the other had a spatted undercarriage, but I have to go by memory because I have no references at hand right now and to be honest I don't fancy spending an hour to do a websearch... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DDad
01-18-2004, 02:12 PM
DO.23 it is! Thanks for the help- bugged me!