PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

CaptJodan
11-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Ok, here's a stupid question from someone who's been playing the game for quite a while, yet never got around to actually asking it.

For years now I've been playing the game, and making my own missions, etc. One of the things that always struck me was the ground artillary. It's usually facing a specific way, and thus can't...fire or turn or whatever to meet targets. (makes some sense I suppose) Now, problem is I haven't ever been able to turn it in the editor either, so if an artillary piece (not AAA) is placed on the map, it is facing a specific way and...well doesn't do anything.

It's kinda a dumb question and I'm sure there's an easy solution, I've just never run across it. Any help out there?

CaptJodan
11-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Ok, here's a stupid question from someone who's been playing the game for quite a while, yet never got around to actually asking it.

For years now I've been playing the game, and making my own missions, etc. One of the things that always struck me was the ground artillary. It's usually facing a specific way, and thus can't...fire or turn or whatever to meet targets. (makes some sense I suppose) Now, problem is I haven't ever been able to turn it in the editor either, so if an artillary piece (not AAA) is placed on the map, it is facing a specific way and...well doesn't do anything.

It's kinda a dumb question and I'm sure there's an easy solution, I've just never run across it. Any help out there?

skycaptain_1
11-09-2005, 11:18 AM
~S~

You can use the numlock pad numbers 1,2 & 3 to rotate units in the mission builder. I think thats what your looking for??

CaptJodan
11-09-2005, 11:24 AM
That might be it. Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

marc_hawkins
11-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Though the artillary will rotate about to track targets, right? Atleast the 88's do. I suppose the towed guns only have restricted movement/field of fire though.

Tully__
11-10-2005, 08:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I suppose the towed guns only have restricted movement/field of fire though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep.

As mentioned above, the numpad keys will rotate objects. Also, if you're in 3D mode (press enter when zoomed in close enough to see terrain instead of map) you can click/drag with the middle mouse button to rotate objects.

Jumoschwanz
11-10-2005, 08:09 PM
You can rotate any object in the full missin builder by clicking on it with the cursor so it is active, indicated by it pulsing with "light". Next hit "enter" when you are at a low enough alt for the map to be 3D, and it will take you down close to the object where, with a series of inputs from your mouse you can slide it around the ground, rotate it, etc.

Find the FMB guide that is in the old Sturmovik Tecknica website, that is archived some god-forsaken place, look in the essentials thread maybe to find it, the best FMB guide ever written as far as I know.

Jumoschwanz