PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with SP Dynamic Campaign

mashkis
10-29-2004, 06:42 AM
I just got the game last night and I was really disappointed with the lack of plane choices in the single player dynamic campaign. I was hoping to find a campaign on the FAUs or the B25. But the US Navy only has three choices SBDs, F4F versions. The same goes with the USMC, and the Airforce. Also, no torpedo bombing missions. Maybe these other planes (FAUs, B25) did not play a huge role in the war. I need to brush-up on my history.

Does anyone know if there will be more single player dynamic campaign? Will there be some add-on campaigns?

I think PF overall is a good product but it is still rough around the edges.

mashkis
10-29-2004, 06:42 AM
I just got the game last night and I was really disappointed with the lack of plane choices in the single player dynamic campaign. I was hoping to find a campaign on the FAUs or the B25. But the US Navy only has three choices SBDs, F4F versions. The same goes with the USMC, and the Airforce. Also, no torpedo bombing missions. Maybe these other planes (FAUs, B25) did not play a huge role in the war. I need to brush-up on my history.

Does anyone know if there will be more single player dynamic campaign? Will there be some add-on campaigns?

I think PF overall is a good product but it is still rough around the edges.

Nubarus
10-29-2004, 06:47 AM
Next time try a USAAF Bomber Campaign if you want to fly a B25. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

VW-IceFire
10-29-2004, 06:53 AM
Starshoy is working on more dynamic campaigns. I think some of these will show up with the patch that is arriving soon. There's been some big dicussions on the SimHQ forum about that...sounds all very exciting.

B-25 was mostly an Army bomber...so you may want to select the USAAF.

No USN/JNAF torpedo bomber is flyable right now. Lack of time or resources for the internals. Hopefully that will change at a later date...if you are new to FB/AEP/PF then you may not know that they have a history of releasing free stuff as time permits. So I have hope yet.

The Beaufighter and I think the A-20 are both torpedo capable aircraft. If you feel the need to drop some torpedos...those are the ones to try for now.

mashkis
10-29-2004, 07:02 AM
Thanks guys. I must have missed the B25 in the USAAF campaign. I will give it a try. I am glad that work is being done for new SP Dynamic Camaigns.

mashkis
10-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Ok. I am confused.

I just loaded PF and I cannot find a campaign under USAAF for B25. I see A20 as a bomber but no B25?

This is what I have for US.
USMC - p39
USNavy -SBD 3 and 5, F4F-3,4, 3-late, 5
USArmy - A20, P-40, P-51

I have downloaded the new patch for D. campaign but I don't it is installing since nothing happens when I try to run it?

Can anyone confirm that there is B25 for single player campaign?

What other SP campaigns are there for all sides?

Redeyex
10-29-2004, 12:50 PM
sjees, read the manual next time!

When you get to the screen were the maps are displayed and were you can enter your place of birth and date you also see the aircraft you fly on each map. Now click on the plane name and a selection arrow comes up so you can change the plane type. BTW that's how you can fly corsairs for the usnavy.

Redeye

mashkis
10-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks. I just figured it out after re-reading the manual and playing around in PF.

Endy1
10-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Mashkis,
Just extracted the new dgen to PF. and can confirm that the B25 and/or A20 is in the USAAF for Bomber campaign.

Shrap
10-29-2004, 01:16 PM
"I have downloaded the new patch for D. campaign"

What is this?

Rebel_Yell_21
10-29-2004, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shrap:
"I have downloaded the new patch for D. campaign"

What is this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here it is (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=8161011632)