PDA

View Full Version : A Question About The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC

Poodle_of_Doom
08-13-2011, 09:21 PM
I haven't downloaded the DLC yet, and don't have any real big plans to do so. One thing I'm having trouble trying to figure out though is how the ending of the game is different. People say the game ends differently if you have it, yet everything they describe sounds exactly the same to me. Does anyone have a video, or a better explination for me?

Poodle_of_Doom
08-13-2011, 09:21 PM
I haven't downloaded the DLC yet, and don't have any real big plans to do so. One thing I'm having trouble trying to figure out though is how the ending of the game is different. People say the game ends differently if you have it, yet everything they describe sounds exactly the same to me. Does anyone have a video, or a better explination for me?

worsecuve
08-13-2011, 09:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
I haven't downloaded the DLC yet, and don't have any real big plans to do so. One thing I'm having trouble trying to figure out though is how the ending of the game is different. People say the game ends differently if you have it, yet everything they describe sounds exactly the same to me. Does anyone have a video, or a better explination for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>it does not end different you are just reliving a memory than take place before you kill ceasere.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Now see, I told a couple people that the other day, and the two guys wanted to argue up and down that it did... I kept telling them it was complete and utter BS, but they wouldn't listen to me....

Normally I'd name names, but I wouldn't want to embarass anyone like Lightrey or Mikatsuki95,... oh wait,... to late.

roostersrule2
08-14-2011, 01:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Now see, I told a couple people that the other day, and the two SOB's wanted to argue up and down that it did... I kept telling them it was complete and utter BS, but they wouldn't listen to me....

Normally I'd name names, but I wouldn't want to embarass anyone like Lightrey or Mikatsuki95,... oh wait,... to late. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>SPOILERS- <span class="ev_code_WHITE">the two voices that you hear at the end of brotherhood talk during the DLC</span>-SPOILER OVER

Poodle_of_Doom
08-14-2011, 01:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the two voices that you hear at the end of brotherhood talk during the DLC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Way to answer the question bro. What do they say?

roostersrule2
08-14-2011, 01:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the two voices that you hear at the end of brotherhood talk during the DLC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Way to answer the question bro. What do they say? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i dont want to spoil it for you, that and i forget what they say it should be on youtube

Serrachio
08-14-2011, 01:28 AM
When you start the Da Vinci Disappearance after the story, one of the voices mention that Desmond is remembering a memory sequence through the Animus.

A second person offers to sedate Desmond, but the first person tells him to let Desmond go through with the memory.

After the memory sequence is finished, the first person says that they have what they need and that the second person can sedate Desmond now, but the second person says it is too late and that Desmond has slipped into a coma.

After that, the first person says that Desmond will find a way out of the coma "like he usually does" and the conversation ends.

roostersrule2
08-14-2011, 01:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
When you start the Da Vinci Disappearance after the story, one of the voices mention that Desmond is remembering a memory sequence through the Animus.

A second person offers to sedate Desmond, but the first person tells him to let Desmond go through with the memory.

After the memory sequence is finished, the first person says that they have what they need and that the second person can sedate Desmond now, but the second person says it is too late and that Desmond has slipped into a coma.

After that, the first person says that Desmond will find a way out of the coma "like he usually does" and the conversation ends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yea thats what happens i knew the jist of what happens but not word for word

Subject_4
08-14-2011, 01:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
After that, the first person says that Desmond will find a way out of the coma "like he usually does" and the conversation ends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, sir, no it does not. They also mention something else, regarding finding what they were looking for.

Subject 4

itsamea-mario
08-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Which serrachio quite clearly stated.

Technically the game does end differently, as the dlc is set after the events of the main game, as far as the desmond timeline is concerned.

Subject_4
08-14-2011, 02:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From DLC:
You can sedate Desmond now. We have the information we needed.

It's too late, the damage is done. He seems to have entered some kind of coma.

He'll find his way out. He always has in the past.

I've run the data through the computer. We have a location for the temple.

Then what are you waiting for? Let's go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was referring to the "I've run the data through the computer. We have a location for the temple." which is not in his post, but is arguably the only line in that whole exchange that is really of any significance.

Subject 4

ShaneO7K
08-14-2011, 03:48 AM
Now see, I told a couple people that the other day, and the two guys wanted to argue up and down that it did... I kept telling them it was complete and utter BS, but they wouldn't listen to me....

Normally I'd name names, but I wouldn't want to embarass anyone like Lightrey or Mikatsuki95,... oh wait,... to late. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was no mention of ACB's ending being any differen't in that thread. They only stated about the end of the DLC where you hear William M and the other guy talking again. You just didn't pick it up right.

Abeonis
08-14-2011, 05:21 AM
I think I'm going to try and answer your question, as nobody here seems to have done it yet.

The DLC itself has two different endings, dependant on whether you've completed the main storyline of not when you start the DLC. If you've completed the game first, you hear the aforementioned voices talking with one another. If you haven't completed the game, you receive an email from a certain individual instead.

Don't worry, Lightrey doesn't like the idea of anyone knowing something he doesn't, it's automatically unreliable...

Serrachio
08-14-2011, 05:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Subject_4:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From DLC:
You can sedate Desmond now. We have the information we needed.

It's too late, the damage is done. He seems to have entered some kind of coma.

He'll find his way out. He always has in the past.

I've run the data through the computer. We have a location for the temple.

Then what are you waiting for? Let's go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was referring to the "I've run the data through the computer. We have a location for the temple." which is not in his post, but is arguably the only line in that whole exchange that is really of any significance.

Subject 4 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mentioned that by saying that they had what they needed, i.e. the information they were after, but I guess I could have said it clearer.

LightRey
08-14-2011, 05:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
I think I'm going to try and answer your question, as nobody here seems to have done it yet.

The DLC itself has two different endings, dependant on whether you've completed the main storyline of not when you start the DLC. If you've completed the game first, you hear the aforementioned voices talking with one another. If you haven't completed the game, you receive an email from a certain individual instead.

Don't worry, Lightrey doesn't like the idea of anyone knowing something he doesn't, it's automatically unreliable... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sorry, what exactly did I do? I didn't even reply to this thread.

Btw, I actually agree with you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now see, I told a couple people that the other day, and the two guys wanted to argue up and down that it did... I kept telling them it was complete and utter BS, but they wouldn't listen to me....

Normally I'd name names, but I wouldn't want to embarass anyone like Lightrey or Mikatsuki95,... oh wait,... to late. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't remember ever stating that the ending was different. I'm not sure if Mikatsuki95 ever did so, but I'm actually quite sure the ending stays the same.

Abeonis
08-14-2011, 07:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I don't remember ever stating that the ending was different. I'm not sure if Mikatsuki95 ever did so, but I'm actually quite sure the ending stays the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. Just for clarification, for the OP (as I believe this is where the confusion is coming from). The full game's ending does not change; the DLCs ending however, does change, depending on whther you play the DLC before or after you complete the main game.

LightRey
08-14-2011, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I don't remember ever stating that the ending was different. I'm not sure if Mikatsuki95 ever did so, but I'm actually quite sure the ending stays the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. Just for clarification, for the OP (as I believe this is where the confusion is coming from). The full game's ending does not change; the DLCs ending however, does change, depending on whther you play the DLC before or after you complete the main game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that's true. Though there are "alternate endings" I think it's safe to assume that both hold reliable information, which means there is strong evidence that the William M. from the emails is the same William you hear during the credits of ACB.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-14-2011, 08:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
i dont want to spoil it for you, that and i forget what they say it should be on youtube </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I searched youtube, and had a hard time finding anything. Second of all, you wouldn't be ruining anything for me as I asked for the information, and have no intent to download the content.

Naw, you were both fairly adamant about it on whatever other thread we were on at the time...

Yeah, that's true. Though there are "alternate endings" I think it's safe to assume that both hold reliable information, which means there is strong evidence that the William M. from the emails is the same William you hear during the credits of ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To youtube again then. Maybe I could actually see something....

LightRey
08-14-2011, 08:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
i dont want to spoil it for you, that and i forget what they say it should be on youtube </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I searched youtube, and had a hard time finding anything. Second of all, you wouldn't be ruining anything for me as I asked for the information, and have no intent to download the content.

Naw, you were both fairly adamant about it on whatever other thread we were on at the time...

Yeah, that's true. Though there are "alternate endings" I think it's safe to assume that both hold reliable information, which means there is strong evidence that the William M. from the emails is the same William you hear during the credits of ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To youtube again then. Maybe I could actually see something.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I remember being adamant about there being an alternate ending to the Da Vinci Disappearance, not an alternate ending to the entire game.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/William_M.
It's described on this page.

gbgkf12
08-14-2011, 08:52 AM
????? ???? ? ?? ????? ?????????? ?? ???? ??????? ???????? ????? ???? ???? ???? ??????? ????))))
?????? ? ???????? ???? ????????? ? ????? ??????? ? ??????? ? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??????? ????)))))))))))

ShaneO7K
08-14-2011, 08:58 AM

It's described on this page. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EDIT: I think theres something wrong with the link, it just leads me to an empty page titled William M. but there is still the normal William M page when I search for it.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-14-2011, 10:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gbgkf12:
????? ???? ? ?? ????? ?????????? ?? ???? ??????? ???????? ????? ???? ???? ???? ??????? ????))))
?????? ? ???????? ???? ????????? ? ????? ??????? ? ??????? ? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??????? ????))))))))))) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

??? ???? ?????????? ?????????? ???? ??????????

@Rey:
That would be my confusion then. What Mika was talking about sounded like the end of the game.

LightRey
08-14-2011, 10:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gbgkf12:
?????? ? ???????? ???? ????????? ? ????? ??????? ? ??????? ? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??????? ????))))))))))) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

??? ???? ?????????? ?????????? ???? ??????????

@Rey:
That would be my confusion then. What Mika was talking about sounded like the end of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I remember thinking that at first too, but from the other posts I was soon after able to deduce that he meant the ending of the DLC.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I found a couple videos online. The little chit chat they had wasn't about crap. I don't know why people think it was such a big deal.

LightRey
08-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I found a couple videos online. The little chit chat they had wasn't about crap. I don't know why people think it was such a big deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, it isn't really that interesting. However, it's important because of its significance to the possible ACR interface and the fact that it shows that William M. seems to know Desmond.

rc732
08-14-2011, 12:20 PM
ENGLISH! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

LightRey
08-14-2011, 12:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rc732:
ENGLISH! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just ignore it. All of his posts are in Russian and from what I'm able to understand through google translate it's also spam.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-14-2011, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rc732:
ENGLISH! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just ignore it. All of his posts are in Russian and from what I'm able to understand through google translate it's also spam. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I told him the same thing in Russian,... It seemed spammish to me, but it was possible that the translation was off too...

LightRey
08-14-2011, 02:32 PM
I told him the same thing in Russian,... It seemed spammish to me, but it was possible that the translation was off too... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, but I very much doubt his post was about the Da Vinci Disappearance.

rc732
08-14-2011, 05:10 PM
It isn't about the main topic. I translate it, it comes in half English and half somthing else. The English says something about help.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-14-2011, 06:33 PM
It isn't about the main topic. I translate it, it comes in half English and half somthing else. The English says something about help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I got too... That's why I figured my translation was off...

rc732
08-15-2011, 06:16 AM
It isn't about the main topic. I translate it, it comes in half English and half somthing else. The English says something about help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I got too... That's why I figured my translation was off... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Damn Bing translate

LightRey
08-15-2011, 06:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

It's described on this page. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EDIT: I think theres something wrong with the link, it just leads me to an empty page titled William M. but there is still the normal William M page when I search for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The "." should be part of the link. Just copypaste it into your browser.