PDA

View Full Version : Can't Complete Installation-Disc 2 hangs

XyZspineZyX
12-22-2003, 04:54 PM
I am trying to install POP- Sands of Time. I am able to install the first part of the game from disc 1. When prompted for disc 2, I insert the disc but the process hangs, nothing happens, the disc does not get read. The message at the top of the dialogue box indicates that the "program is not responding" I have tried a couple of times. When I go to uninstall, so that I can try to reinstall, I get an error message that indicates a file(s) is missing and the uninstall can not proceed. What can I do? I have had this problem before with Medal of Honour and one the steps I had to do was delete a file in the Registry (plus manual delete the folders from my program file and the start menu). Is this the solution? If so, what is the file name/process?

XyZspineZyX
12-22-2003, 04:54 PM
I am trying to install POP- Sands of Time. I am able to install the first part of the game from disc 1. When prompted for disc 2, I insert the disc but the process hangs, nothing happens, the disc does not get read. The message at the top of the dialogue box indicates that the "program is not responding" I have tried a couple of times. When I go to uninstall, so that I can try to reinstall, I get an error message that indicates a file(s) is missing and the uninstall can not proceed. What can I do? I have had this problem before with Medal of Honour and one the steps I had to do was delete a file in the Registry (plus manual delete the folders from my program file and the start menu). Is this the solution? If so, what is the file name/process?