PDA

View Full Version : Split in half by a betty!!

dazza9806482
04-29-2005, 06:52 AM
This game continues to suprised me, not least when i did a quick QMB in a p63 against 4 bettys.

As i approached for the second time a single 20mm hit split my plane in half!!

never seen that before!

got the track but if someone can guide me how to host it i will upload.....

class!

dazza9806482
04-29-2005, 06:52 AM
This game continues to suprised me, not least when i did a quick QMB in a p63 against 4 bettys.

As i approached for the second time a single 20mm hit split my plane in half!!

never seen that before!

got the track but if someone can guide me how to host it i will upload.....

class!

NorrisMcWhirter
04-29-2005, 07:01 AM
Hi Dazza,

Have you tried taking on those big Japanese float planes? They really pack a punch in the return fire department. When I see one of those flying about, I give it a serious wide berth or, if in a decent position, dive vertically on it shooting into the cockpit. Even then I usually get bagged.

Cheers,
Norris

Atomic_Marten
04-29-2005, 07:14 AM
Yeah.. whenever I fly in the same direction for a few secs, the 'snipers' lock me in their gunsites..

Interesting approach is to zig-zag on his tail at ultra close range (close as possible without ramming). But it is hard to aim that way, since you will have him in your gunsite for piece of second (snap-shot).

Perpose is to deny gunner of aiming at you (since I constantly move left-right up and down on his tail on very close range).

But it works well.. againt Pe2s for instance.(IMO they have very deadly rear gunners).

Generally, it is among better tactics vs. bombers if I fly full real.(the biggest advantage is to be able to see him almost all time).

OldMan____
04-29-2005, 08:08 AM
I prefer to get just behind their engine.. in front of any REAR turret. Usually that is a blind spot in gunners. Unfortunately getting there is not piece of cake.

WOLFMondo
04-29-2005, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
Hi Dazza,

Have you tried taking on those big Japanese float planes? They really pack a punch in the return fire department. When I see one of those flying about, I give it a serious wide berth or, if in a decent position, dive vertically on it shooting into the cockpit. Even then I usually get bagged.

Cheers,
Norris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They seem to have an internal fuel tank in the belly that sets on fire real quick so I either come from the side and low and hit them dead in the middle or try to do a very steep dive and either rake the cockpit or the engines.

dazza9806482
04-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Hi Norris,

Nah ive not tried the floats, although i have tried the PE8s, they seem to also have a massive rear gun., not after i make them carry that 5000lb bomb at 100 meters tho!

then they seem to go down easy!

PBNA-Boosher
04-29-2005, 11:03 AM
The Betty REALLY loves to get hit in the underside, especially in between the fuselage and its engine mountings, that's where fuel tanks are located, if I remember correctly. The Underside is more vulnerable, as well.