PDA

View Full Version : BOB - dead or alive?

beepboop
11-04-2005, 04:47 AM
I used to check here fairly frequently, but since the site is only updated every 3 months, I don't really bother any more.

Seems to me that BOB is dead. No "in progress" reports or screenies. No marketing effort. And no effort to engage the community in any meaningful way. Short of real evidence to the contrary (i.e. established facts, not just fan-boy sycophantic loyalty), I figure we need to conclude that BOB has gone the same way as that Ground battle sim that was being built by Maddox games.

Anyone have any answers (not bull**** opinions, but real answers) on this one?

beepboop
11-04-2005, 04:47 AM
I used to check here fairly frequently, but since the site is only updated every 3 months, I don't really bother any more.

Seems to me that BOB is dead. No "in progress" reports or screenies. No marketing effort. And no effort to engage the community in any meaningful way. Short of real evidence to the contrary (i.e. established facts, not just fan-boy sycophantic loyalty), I figure we need to conclude that BOB has gone the same way as that Ground battle sim that was being built by Maddox games.

Anyone have any answers (not bull**** opinions, but real answers) on this one?

ploughman
11-04-2005, 04:53 AM
No.

The current 'patches' and updates (the 4.x series) are incorporating aspects of the FM for the new BoB game for 'testing.'

There are no more up dates because 1C/Ubisoft felt they were showing too much of what they were doing to the competition.

Occasional tit bits do make it out to us psychophants for us to drool over and to remind us that lots of Russians are beavering away all over Moscow.

arcadeace
11-04-2005, 05:05 AM
You're jumping to a huge conclusion. Everyone is expecting it from what I can tell. It seems likely sometime in early-mid 07.

Feathered_IV
11-04-2005, 05:28 AM
Oleg said recently that they are in the coding stage mostly and that you can't make Friday updates out of code. He also said regular updates will resume later when things have progressed sufficiently.

stubby
11-04-2005, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beepboop:
Anyone have any answers (not bull**** opinions, but real answers) on this one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nobody knows for sure since the game is still one, possible two years away from being released. you have to assume as with most PC games in the early, developmental cycle, that the game can be scrapped at any time. all we know is that 1c is making a new flight sim called BOB from scratch for a niche market.

SeaFireLIV
11-04-2005, 07:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beepboop:

Anyone have any answers (not bull**** opinions, but real answers) on this one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sort of attitude does you no favours. Sims are not FPS games that can just be churned out in one year - not if you want it to be any good. And Oleg WANTS it to be GOOD.

The longer you wait, the better it`ll be. Have patience, impetuous one.

AWL_Tonedog
11-04-2005, 09:49 AM
I dont mind not seeing too much.

true about coding not being fun to look at and the competition pinching ideas.

But from this pooint of view I think I have a point.

if everything is posted up here, everyone sees and expects. This only leads to disappointment when content gets removed or tweaked for any reason. The *****y comments follow "we were promised this taht or the other". Which is a major pain in the ringer for the developer.

personally speaking I would like it to be a suprise as, if I see I want. I certainly dont plan to be pining for a game for 2 years.

Cheers, Tonedog.

LT.INSTG8R
11-04-2005, 10:52 AM
My only true fear is that Ubi will be the killer of any future Sims as they seem to continually delay/cancel PC projects in favour of Console Games
Now I may be speaking from the FPS side on this but the whole Tom Clancy series(Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six) has pretty much been shafted by Ubi in favour of those titles being concentrated on for Consoles.
I really hope 1C doesnt get the same treatment at least Crytek had the sense to leave.

@Tonedog:

HA 2 yrs try almost 5 waiting for a sequal to Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon 2 for PC got cancelled(tho X-Box and PS2 got it) and the current "sequal" has recently been delayed till Feb. 2006

major_setback
11-04-2005, 10:59 AM
It won't come. It's a big hoax http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif.

crazyivan1970
11-04-2005, 11:18 AM
BOB is more alive then anyone can imagine. When time comes you`ll see the updates