PDA

View Full Version : SBD3 Problem -- HELP !!

billclarke1
11-14-2004, 01:41 PM
I still cant get the SBD to fly straight, when trying to trim it, I am pushing ctrl and left arrow together is this correct ? or is this a bug ?

3.JG51_BigBear
11-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Some more information about the problem you are having would be helpful. Could be a number of things including your joystick.

billclarke1
11-14-2004, 04:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
Some more information about the problem you are having would be helpful. Could be a number of things including your joystick. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The joystick works fine, what other information would you like ?

3.JG51_BigBear
11-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Is it rolling or is it yawing?

billclarke1
11-14-2004, 05:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
Is it rolling or is it yawing? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right wing down, and slowly going in a circle, nose down.

VW-IceFire
11-14-2004, 07:07 PM
For one of the aircraft with reports about its rock solid stability, its nice flying features, and its responsive controls, the Dauntless is the bloody hardest plane in the game to keep trimmed (except maybe the I-16).

Take the Dauntless out and try and keep it flying straight. It doesn't...its very odd.

IV_JG51_Razor
11-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Man! I must be flying a completely different game than you guys. I find the Dauntless to be very stable!

I have a TM Cougar with RCS. I find that it's necessary to apply a little trim (all three axees) whenever I change power settings, or whenever I change airspeed, as in transitioning from climb to cruise. This is perfectly normal and realistic in all respects. There is not a plane in IL-2, that I've flown, that will stay straight and level for any longer than the Dauntless.

VW-IceFire
11-15-2004, 09:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IV_JG51_Razor:
Man! I must be flying a completely different game than you guys. I find the Dauntless to be very stable!

I have a TM Cougar with RCS. I find that it's necessary to apply a little trim (all three axees) whenever I change power settings, or whenever I change airspeed, as in transitioning from climb to cruise. This is perfectly normal and realistic in all respects. There is not a plane in IL-2, that I've flown, that will stay straight and level for any longer than the Dauntless. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Odd...totally different experience. I find the Dauntless more difficult to stabilize than the FW190.

The rock solid aircraft that I know are the IL-2 and the Stuka. Those two I have little trouble.

The Dauntless is something else...

So maybe something is off here.