PDA

View Full Version : Animus Island

PKSteeve
10-14-2011, 05:28 AM
I Just found this, anyone else seen it?
Sorry if it's already been posted (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...nN8s&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM9B2_KnN8s&feature=related)

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...2tzng&feature=relmfu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD93Up2tzng&feature=relmfu)

Could the guy he talks to in this one be S16? (:

PKSteeve
10-14-2011, 05:28 AM
I Just found this, anyone else seen it?
Sorry if it's already been posted (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...nN8s&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM9B2_KnN8s&feature=related)

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...2tzng&feature=relmfu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD93Up2tzng&feature=relmfu)

Could the guy he talks to in this one be S16? (:

LightRey
10-14-2011, 05:34 AM
They have already been posted, sry.

And, yes, that guy is S16.

Moultonborough
10-14-2011, 06:14 AM
I am really interested in the Island. Will it be bigger than Monteriggioni, will we be able to leave Ezio at any point and check out the island like in Brotherhood? Or only to get to Desmond's memories/parts? How much free-roam will we be able to do etc.

zerocooll21
10-14-2011, 06:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
And, yes, that guy is S16. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that ever confirmed?

LightRey
10-14-2011, 06:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerocooll21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Was that ever confirmed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, not in so many words as far as I know, but it's been strongly suggested in interviews and he's wearing the exact same clothes as the blurred out figure in the Encyclopedia video.

zerocooll21
10-14-2011, 06:37 AM
IDK, why would they go through all that trouble/mystery blurring out his image only to show "him" in a 30 second trailer? Just seems rather anti climatic.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 06:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerocooll21:
IDK, why would they go through all that trouble/mystery blurring out his image only to show "him" in a 30 second trailer? Just seems rather anti climatic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They probably wanted his debut to be in the trailer.

ForsakenMessiah
10-14-2011, 07:06 AM
I'm not sold on the idea that it is S16, his voice is different and hes not talking like hes a rambling nutter, given the fact he is a guiding figure and the maturity in his voice maybe its Desmonds father?

LightRey
10-14-2011, 07:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ForsakenMessiah:
I'm not sold on the idea that it is S16, his voice is different and hes not talking like hes a rambling nutter, given the fact he is a guiding figure and the maturity in his voice maybe its Desmonds father? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That really makes no sense. First of all Ubisoft confirmed that Desmond will be able to interact directly with S16 in ACR. Second, this guy's wearing the same clothes as S16. Third, it's inside the animus.

Moultonborough
10-14-2011, 07:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ForsakenMessiah:
I'm not sold on the idea that it is S16, his voice is different and hes not talking like hes a rambling nutter, given the fact he is a guiding figure and the maturity in his voice maybe its his father? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I posted this in another thread a few weeks ago. How many people are trapped within the Animus? Just Subject 16 and Desmond. How could his father "warp" into the Animus and start giving him advise? There is only one person who is that deep into the Animus....Subject 16. There is no way it can be anyone else. And as others have said the clothes he is wearing matches the blurred out picture in the Encyclopedia.

ForsakenMessiah
10-14-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm not sold on the idea that it is S16, his voice is different and hes not talking like hes a rambling nutter, given the fact he is a guiding figure and the maturity in his voice maybe its Desmonds father? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That really makes no sense. First of all Ubisoft confirmed that Desmond will be able to interact directly with S16 in ACR. Second, this guy's wearing the same clothes as S16. Third, it's inside the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I havnt seen the encyclopedia pics as this is my first time back on the forums since Brotherhood was released, i know desmond was put inside an animus but whos to say he's from the animus, Desmond is trapped inside his OWN mind, maybe the two can blur together, it's just a thought as it just seems wierd to me that judging from the voice S16 has aged 20ish years, and that this mysterious person who has grown from a background figure to a major character is shown in a trailer.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 07:36 AM
That really makes no sense. First of all Ubisoft confirmed that Desmond will be able to interact directly with S16 in ACR. Second, this guy's wearing the same clothes as S16. Third, it's inside the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I havnt seen the encyclopedia pics as this is my first time back on the forums since Brotherhood was released, i know desmond was put inside an animus but whos to say he's from the animus, Desmond is trapped inside his OWN mind, maybe the two can blur together, it's just a thought as it just seems wierd to me that judging from the voice S16 has aged 20ish years, and that this mysterious person who has grown from a background figure to a major character is shown in a trailer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The guy spawns animus-style.

ForsakenMessiah
10-14-2011, 07:42 AM
I'm not sold on the idea... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That really makes no sense... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I havnt seen the encyclopedia pics as this is my first time back on the forums since Brotherhood was released, i know desmond was put inside an animus but whos to say he's from the animus, Desmond is trapped inside his OWN mind, maybe the two can blur together, it's just a thought as it just seems wierd to me that judging from the voice S16 has aged 20ish years, and that this mysterious person who has grown from a background figure to a major character is shown in a trailer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The guy spawns animus-style. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thats not enough proof for me unfortunately, that just falls under the "blurring together" catagory, ofcourse everything at the moment is just speculation, only another 4 weeks to wait and find out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

LightRey
10-14-2011, 07:49 AM
thats not enough proof for me unfortunately, that just falls under the "blurring together" catagory, ofcourse everything at the moment is just speculation, only another 4 weeks to wait and find out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ugh, seriously?
You come up with some ridiculous theory that Desmond, while in the animus, converses with his own father, who for some reason looks about the same age as he himself does, in his own mind in front of the memory gate on the island that has been confirmed to be something rendered inside the animus, while the guy looks incredibly much like the blurred image in the Encyclopedia video, which of course, you haven't seen, because you haven't been here for a while, but apparently you think you know enough to contradict all very reliable theories based on the very information you lack.

It's S16.

ForsakenMessiah
10-14-2011, 07:59 AM
thats not enough proof for me unfortunately, that just falls under the "blurring together" catagory, ofcourse everything at the moment is just speculation, only another 4 weeks to wait and find out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ugh, seriously?
You come up with some ridiculous theory that Desmond, while in the animus, converses with his own father, who for some reason looks about the same age as he himself does, in his own mind in front of the memory gate on the island that has been confirmed to be something rendered inside the animus, while the guy looks incredibly much like the blurred image in the Encyclopedia video, which of course, you haven't seen, because you haven't been here for a while, but apparently you think you know enough to contradict all very reliable theories based on the very information you lack.

It's S16. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
why are you getting so defensive? nothing is confirmed, its just a theory and makes it neither more or less likely to happen than your own. If im worng, im wrong, carry on and forget it, if im right, im right, still carry on and forget it.

Since that comment i posted about not seeing those pics i have found them and looked at them, and i still think the same thing, why hide someone who is a major character for 3 games and instead of doing some kind of big "here i am" reveal, they show his face in a 30 second teaser?

It is very common for people to see family and friends while they are in a coma who guide them before they wake up, does that mean they have somehow made their way into the patients heads? no, its called your subconcious, it does some wierd things in wierd circumstances, and it is common knowledge that Ubisoft use real life influences in every aspect of the Assassins Creed franchise.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Ugh, seriously?

why are you getting so defensive? nothing is confirmed, its just a theory and makes it neither more or less likely to happen than your own. If im worng, im wrong, carry on and forget it, if im right, im right, still carry on and forget it.

Since that comment i posted about not seeing those pics i have found them and looked at them, and i still think the same thing, why hide someone who is a major character for 3 games and instead of doing some kind of big "here i am" reveal, they show his face in a 30 second teaser?

It is very common for people to see family and friends while they are in a coma who guide them before they wake up, does that mean they have somehow made their way into the patients heads? no, its called your subconcious, it does some wierd things in wierd circumstances, and it is common knowledge that Ubisoft use real life influences in every aspect of the Assassins Creed franchise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you freaking serious? You basically come here and say: "I know nothing. I haven't listened to any of the interviews of ACR nor have I seen most of the related videos, but I think my random theory makes just as much sense as yours, even you you did do all those things.".

Let me put it this way for you:
1. It's been confirmed that Desmond will be interacting with S16 directly in ACR.
2. The person in the video closely resembles the blurred out figure in the entry about S16 in the Encyclopedia video.
3. S16's consciousness (or whatever's left of it) is supposed to be "stored" inside the Animus.

Why on god's green earth would it be Desmond's dad?

dewgel
10-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Perhaps they just couldn't get Cam Clarke to do S16's voice? I loved his voice, but maybe he was unable to sign up.

ForsakenMessiah
10-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Ugh, seriously?

It is very common for people to see family and friends while they are in a coma who guide them before they wake up, does that mean they have somehow made their way into the patients heads? no, its called your subconcious, it does some wierd things in wierd circumstances, and it is common knowledge that Ubisoft use real life influences in every aspect of the Assassins Creed franchise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you freaking serious? You basically come here and say: "I know nothing. I haven't listened to any of the interviews of ACR nor have I seen most of the related videos, but I think my random theory makes just as much sense as yours, even you you did do all those things.".

Let me put it this way for you:
1. It's been confirmed that Desmond will be interacting with S16 directly in ACR.
2. The person in the video closely resembles the blurred out figure in the entry about S16 in the Encyclopedia video.
3. S16's consciousness (or whatever's left of it) is supposed to be "stored" inside the Animus.

Why on god's green earth would it be Desmond's dad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please show me where I said I havn't watched/read any interviews because I would really like to know, only thing I said I havnt seen was the encyclopedia pics, everything else I know about, these forums are not the only place to find things.

I'm just going to end that here because like i said it's JUST A THOUGHT, so I wouldn't bother replying to this comment as I wont read it. I see no reason why someone would get so defensive over a theory about a game, and I see that you are beyond reasoning, it's not like I went and punched your mother.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Please show me where I said I havn't watched/read any interviews because I would really like to know, only thing I said I havnt seen was the encyclopedia pics, everything else I know about, these forums are not the only place to find things.

I'm just going to end that here because like i said it's JUST A THOUGHT, I see no reason why someone would get so defensive over a theory about a game, and I see that you are beyond reasoning, it's not like I went and punched your mother. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Alright. So you did see the interview wit Alex Amancio in which he literally says Desmond will interact directly with S16? And that S16 is dead, but part of who he was is "stored" inside the Animus? And that Desmond is in a coma and he's put back inside the animus, so he can sort out his consciousness and get to the "nexus"? And that the gate in the very video we're talking about is a gate that allows Desmond to access his genetic memories?

It's just insulting to contradict a very solid theory all of us have been working on since the first day this video came out and say it's "just a theory".

Serrachio
10-14-2011, 08:35 AM
It could be that S16 has fully integrated himself with the Animus and has a lot more control over the system, hence why he no longer talks like he is in a dangerous situation.

This is a theory, but it could go like this:

AC2 = Subject 16's infiltration into the Animus Device. Animus detects S16 as a foreign program and attempts to delete him, and he is frantic because he is trying to prevent it along with his shattered state of mind from over-exposure to the device. He still attempts to warn Desmond though, but he has no real face-to-face interaction with him, only leaving recorded messages in the Glyphs.

ACB = Subject 16 has prevented himself from being deleted, and has come to terms with his current predicament, but he is just starting to get a hang of the inner workings of the Animus, as well as building himself up. Meets Desmond through the program he made for him to execute via the Rifts, but he is too fragmented to last long before he has to retreat back into his safe haven.

ACR = Subject 16 might have come to fully understand the Animus, and may even have fully pieced himself back together (we might see something interesting briefly, like a computer tourettes of some kind), and is now guiding Desmond through the device so that he can return to the real world and not suffer a fate similar to S16 himself.

Dagio12
10-14-2011, 08:52 AM
I could be wrong, but im pretty sure that in Escos podcast, they said that it was in fact S16...

blazefp
10-14-2011, 09:10 AM
hmm let's start with the thoughts then. I have strong reasons (which I won't share) to believe that Lucy is Desmond's sister, Rebecca and Shaun are their parents, Erudito is Desmond's ex-high-school name and Claudia Auditore is the reborn of Alta´r and Ezio is the reborn of Maria.

I know what you are thinking, this makes no sense at all (yeh I'm that good) but hey, it's just a thought.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 09:25 AM
@Serrachio: that's a nice list of progression there. Do you think that instead of building himself up, it's Desmond who pieces him back together? Especially since it was 16 who was talking the whole time in that slightly womanish voice while we were putting the puzzles together and solving them?

@Lightrey: come on, play nice, lol, saty cool and calm

Was that ever confirmed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, not in so many words as far as I know, but it's been strongly suggested in interviews and he's wearing the exact same clothes as the blurred out figure in the Encyclopedia video. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Escoblades said it was 16 in the video interview with Darby and that Other guy and I believe they agreed with him or at least didn't deny it. I'm still surprised myself that they even showed 16 so early to us instead of leaving him a surprise. So weird. Has the same body/skin tone/and clothing as the picture of Sixteen in the Encyclopedia. Knows the hardware, therefore guiding him through the animus, when showing up in the trailer he's in the coding somehow. I think the voice actor changed, although I do miss the old one, he captured a very nice/crazy 16, this new one is more like Shaun and the all knowing type. The same way they changed Desmond's face.

But you're right. It is a theory, and I...we could be wrong.

Edit: forgot to mention, they've never shown us a feature where the animus can digitize an outside source into the same confines as the intended user. If they could, then Shaun or Rebecca would've done so.

zerocooll21
10-14-2011, 10:02 AM
that esco interview vid was muffled when they were talking about it as if they weren't sure if they should said anything. I could be wrong but I listen to it a couple times and I can't make out for sure.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 10:15 AM
actually.. it was confirmed in an interview a while ago (I think with EscoBlades) that it was indeed Subject 16.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Ah, thanks for verifying that guys.

@blazefp
That's genius! xD

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 12:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
hmm let's start with the thoughts then. I have strong reasons (which I won't share) to believe that Lucy is Desmond's sister, Rebecca and Shaun are their parents, Erudito is Desmond's ex-high-school name and Claudia Auditore is the reborn of Alta´r and Ezio is the reborn of Maria.

I know what you are thinking, this makes no sense at all (yeh I'm that good) but hey, it's just a thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lmao, that sig man, that sig

Altair661
10-14-2011, 01:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
I am really interested in the Island. Will it be bigger than Monteriggioni, will we be able to leave Ezio at any point and check out the island like in Brotherhood? Or only to get to Desmond's memories/parts? How much free-roam will we be able to do etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe so, because in the Kotaku preview, the guy said he paused the game and it said something like "return to animus island" and he went there and was controlling Desmond on an island and suddenly someone from Ubisoft grabbed the controller from him and closed it off...suspicious...I think so.

ShaneO7K
10-14-2011, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
I am really interested in the Island. Will it be bigger than Monteriggioni, will we be able to leave Ezio at any point and check out the island like in Brotherhood? Or only to get to Desmond's memories/parts? How much free-roam will we be able to do etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe so, because in the Kotaku preview, the guy said he paused the game and it said something like "return to animus island" and he went there and was controlling Desmond on an island and suddenly someone from Ubisoft grabbed the controller from him and closed it off...suspicious...I think so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I'm guessing there could be visual spoilers when ever you complete a certain event in sequences similar to the paintings of the Conspirators in AC2 but more detailed.

And S16 could possibly be sitting around the island waiting to have conversation like how Lucy and the others would after a session in the animus, so spoilers would definetly be had there.

blazefp
10-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Ah, thanks for verifying that guys.

@blazefp
That's genius! xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z
Lmao, that sig man, that sig </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, thank you. You can use testicles on whatever you like, it always sounds well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
10-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Did anyone watch these videos and think that Desmond looks like he's aged a few years inside the animus?

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Did anyone watch these videos and think that Desmond looks like he's aged a few years inside the animus? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few years? Lol, he looks like 40 man!

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 03:25 PM
He looks 25..

Altair661
10-14-2011, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Did anyone watch these videos and think that Desmond looks like he's aged a few years inside the animus? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few years? Lol, he looks like 40 man! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He looks as if he turned russian, came into America only to be involved in a plethora of corrupt people and search for revenge with his equally annoying cousin Roman, while somehow maintaning a pretty interesting story... wait a second! :P

Just kidding! I think we will find out the reason for the many different...faces of Desmond come the 15th. I think he looks fine either way...

roostersrule2
10-14-2011, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he got a call from his cousin to go bowling.

Altair661
10-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Or go to a bar with his girlfriend and get freakin drunk, hit a cop car on accident, get SWAT and freakin helicopters on you, eventually die, and rage quit and turn off the xbox... all because Desmond wanted to get some lovin.

ABXantos
10-14-2011, 05:27 PM
I have the strangest feeling Subject 16 will be the final boss of ACR...

Murcuseo
10-14-2011, 05:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A.B.Xantos:
I have the strangest feeling Subject 16 will be the final boss of ACR... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His temperament in the video does seem a little hostile, so you may well be right.

ABXantos
10-14-2011, 06:20 PM
My theory is that once Desmond is able to "seperate" from Ezio and Altiar in the Animus, 16 may try to merge with Desmond or simply screw him out of his body and leave the animus as Desmond. So Desmond must use everything he learned from the bleeding effect to fight 16 in order to delete him from the animus and wake up from his coma.

I also have a feeling we may see glimps of other ancestors (maybe another Adam and Eve sequence?) or even view glimpse of Subject 16's non-animus memories dude to his digital presence in the animus.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 06:21 PM
I really doubt S16 is an enemy.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Err.. if Subject 16 is anything like an Assassin he would stay in the Animus. Perhaps later to be a teacher to other Assassins?

LightRey
10-14-2011, 06:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Err.. if Subject 16 is anything like an Assassin he would stay in the Animus. Perhaps later to be a teacher to other Assassins? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to mention he isn't exactly alive anymore. I doubt he's enough of a human being anymore to even live in Desmond's body.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Yea..

Oh, and Desmond's face is his face. Nothing like Altiar and Ezio's facial features merging. The New Desmond actually looks a lot like himself actually.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/JoshTheDude/Stuff/desmondface.png

dxsxhxcx
10-14-2011, 06:43 PM
I agree with LightRey, I don't think S16 is an enemy and I wouldn't like to see this happening, if an assassin end up becoming an enemy I would place my bets on Daniel Cross, if he appears in the game, of course..

OFF-TOPIC: nice sig, A.B.Xantos.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
10-14-2011, 06:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
I agree with LightRey, I don't think S16 is an enemy and I wouldn't like to see this happening, if an assassin end up becoming an enemy I would place my bets on Daniel Cross, if he appears in the game, of course..

OFF-TOPIC: nice sig, A.B.Xantos.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If Daniel ever does appear I will kick him in the face, even if he's not an enemy.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 06:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

OFF-TOPIC: nice sig, A.B.Xantos.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If Daniel ever does appear I will kick him in the face, even if he's not an enemy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, no! *blocks kick* I like him!

Will_Lucky
10-14-2011, 06:58 PM

If Daniel ever does appear I will kick him in the face, even if he's not an enemy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No No No, you do it like a proper assassin. You assassinate him. And be sure if he appears I'll do it one way or another.

zerocooll21

HA!

LightRey
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Lol, no! *blocks kick* I like him! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*just keeps kicking till he hits his face*

He messed up and then, instead of facing his problems he ran away to the freaking templars so that he could mess up even more (this time he could actually have made the choice not to do that and then the Assassins wouldn't have been as screwed as they are now).

*ramble* irresponsible loser *ramble*

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 07:02 PM

Lol, no! *blocks kick* I like him! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*just keeps kicking till he hits his face*

He messed up and then, instead of facing his problems he ran away to the freaking templars so that he could mess up even more (this time he could actually have made the choice not to do that and then the Assassins wouldn't have been as screwed as they are now).

*ramble* irresponsible loser *ramble* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Teeth...scattered on floor...ouch, so much pain http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Well, time to s'plain! I like his purpose and the role he played. And the way Ac plays out, he'll probably be redeemed by the end.

That, and it'd been hard as all hell to tell the other assassins that his mind was somehow jacked halfway through. They'd have killed him in a second.

That and he did a leap of faith and I like his bracer, lmao

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Hmm..

I really can't wait until I can get The Fall 'Deluxe' edition.

It's either that or download it illegally. Which is obviously not legal and gets UbiSoft no money at all.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 07:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Hmm..

I really can't wait until I can get The Fall 'Deluxe' edition.

It's either that or download it illegally. Which is obviously not legal and gets UbiSoft no money at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah me to...ten page bonus epilogue, yay.

masterfenix2009
10-14-2011, 09:00 PM
I thought Daniel cross was brainwashed into killing the mentor and going back to abstergo. Why do people hate him? He is awesome.

Serrachio
10-14-2011, 09:14 PM
I know Daniel Cross unknowlingly harboured the impulse in his head, but it could mostly be that he was a guy who was kind of down on his luck and then got pulled into a new life rather abruptly.

Part of him thought that is was to good to be true, and part of him wanted him to prove himself as a significant person, but from the moment the impulse went off and he realised what made him that way, he fled to the Templars because of the potential backlash of the situation and that he needed sanctuary and some way to get out of reality by using the Animus to immerse himself with Nikolai.

Maybe later he might learn more about the Assassins and be won over slightly, and he could make amends for his previous mistakes by helping them, and be helped back into a more wiser, more self-assured person by them in return.

It might be more of a tricky process than what Desmond was/is, knowing his harsher personality, but he could become a more rounded character because of it.

Poodle_of_Doom
10-14-2011, 10:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A.B.Xantos:
My theory is that once Desmond is able to "seperate" from Ezio and Altiar in the Animus, 16 may try to merge with Desmond or simply screw him out of his body and leave the animus as Desmond. So Desmond must use everything he learned from the bleeding effect to fight 16 in order to delete him from the animus and wake up from his coma.

I also have a feeling we may see glimps of other ancestors (maybe another Adam and Eve sequence?) or even view glimpse of Subject 16's non-animus memories dude to his digital presence in the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now this would make for an interesting plot twist with the end of the world fast approaching.

Calvarok
10-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Just a quick thing about Desmond's father: the Animus is not designed to interface with two people at once. And even if they managed it, Desmond is in an area that can only be accessed if you're in a fragmented state of mind, like a coma. So I seriously doubt that he would go as far as putting himself in a coma just to talk to Desmond about things he shouldn't even know about, since he's not an animus technician and there's not even any precedent for this type of thing happening.

Plus, William M. said that he wanted to leave Desmond to find his own way out at the end of the Da Vinci Dissapearance missions.

So, totally impossible that it could be anything but 16, expecially because his clothes, hair, and skin color in the encyclopedia are a perfect match for his non-blurred in-game self.

LightRey
10-15-2011, 06:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
I know Daniel Cross unknowlingly harboured the impulse in his head, but it could mostly be that he was a guy who was kind of down on his luck and then got pulled into a new life rather abruptly.

Part of him thought that is was to good to be true, and part of him wanted him to prove himself as a significant person, but from the moment the impulse went off and he realised what made him that way, he fled to the Templars because of the potential backlash of the situation and that he needed sanctuary and some way to get out of reality by using the Animus to immerse himself with Nikolai.

Maybe later he might learn more about the Assassins and be won over slightly, and he could make amends for his previous mistakes by helping them, and be helped back into a more wiser, more self-assured person by them in return.

It might be more of a tricky process than what Desmond was/is, knowing his harsher personality, but he could become a more rounded character because of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which in my eyes makes him an irresponsible loser that doesn't know how to deal with his problems like a grown-up.

CRUDFACE
10-15-2011, 08:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
I thought Daniel cross was brainwashed into killing the mentor and going back to abstergo. Why do people hate him? He is awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, yeah that's what happened. He made allot of bad choices in his life, stemming from how he was brought up as a child with both his parents killed and his mind warped.

Later on, the bleeding effect kicked in and he accidentally killed his girlfriend. when everybody thinks you're crazy, it has that effect on you.

And when you kill the leader of all the assassins, well, there was only one place he could go for help. And the Assassins didn't even know about the animus yet.

AntiChrist7
10-15-2011, 12:35 PM
what is this about an epilogue of the Fall? ive read the comics

Serrachio
10-15-2011, 01:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

It might be more of a tricky process than what Desmond was/is, knowing his harsher personality, but he could become a more rounded character because of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which in my eyes makes him an irresponsible loser that doesn't know how to deal with his problems like a grown-up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not everyone is a strong individual, sometimes people have to build themselves up from a bad situation or circumstances to be a real force for good.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 01:30 PM

Which in my eyes makes him an irresponsible loser that doesn't know how to deal with his problems like a grown-up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He lost his parents at a young age and was brainwashed into doing bad stuff. Give him a break.

LightRey
10-15-2011, 04:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

He lost his parents at a young age and was brainwashed into doing bad stuff. Give him a break. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No. It's a valid explanation for what he did, but not an excuse. He single-handedly ruined the Assassin order, because of his irresponsibility. I could forgive his first (unintentional) act of betrayal, but the second one is unforgivable.

dinsfire3
10-20-2011, 07:04 PM
S16 (if he is in fact S16) mentioned Desmond being returned to his body once he pieced himself back together (as if his body and mind are separate from each other).

If S16 turned out to be an antagonist it might be because he decides he wants to live in the outside world once more and, now that Desmond is in a similar condition as him (mind trapped in the Animus) with the only difference between their situations being that Desmond's body is hooked up to the Animus, maybe he will try to steal Desmond's body.

He tells Desmond to come find him in the black room during brotherhood and he may still be mentally unstable so it might have been just to get him in a spot where his body was vulnerable. They have similar DNA so there wouldn't be a high possibility of a body/mind rejection of S16's mind in Desmond's body. just a theory to elaborate on the evil S16 idea.....

Moultonborough
10-20-2011, 07:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dinsfire3:
S16 (if he is in fact S16) mentioned Desmond being returned to his body once he pieced himself back together (as if his body and mind are separate from each other).

If S16 turned out to be an antagonist it might be because he decides he wants to live in the outside world once more and, now that Desmond is in a similar condition as him (mind trapped in the Animus) with the only difference between their situations being that Desmond's body is hooked up to the Animus, maybe he will try to steal Desmond's body.

He tells Desmond to come find him in the black room during brotherhood and he may still be mentally unstable so it might have been just to get him in a spot where his body was vulnerable. They have similar DNA so there wouldn't be a high possibility of a body/mind rejection of S16's mind in Desmond's body. just a theory to elaborate on the evil S16 idea..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think that Subject 16 wants to possess his body? AC is Sci-fi but they won't go that far out. 16 has been helping(somewhat) Desmond I very much doubt he wants to take over his body.

Ruscris2
10-21-2011, 09:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dinsfire3:

He tells Desmond to come find him in the black room during brotherhood and he may still be mentally unstable so it might have been just to get him in a spot where his body was vulnerable. They have similar DNA so there wouldn't be a high possibility of a body/mind rejection of S16's mind in Desmond's body. just a theory to elaborate on the evil S16 idea..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats exactly what i was thinking too, when i heard him that.

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2011, 09:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

He lost his parents at a young age and was brainwashed into doing bad stuff. Give him a break. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No. It's a valid explanation for what he did, but not an excuse. He single-handedly ruined the Assassin order, because of his irresponsibility. I could forgive his first (unintentional) act of betrayal, but the second one is unforgivable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[SPOILER - THE FALL]

by second act of betrayal do you mean return to Abstergo?! I believe he was "programmed" to do that the same way he was programmed to kill the Mentor...

LightRey
10-21-2011, 10:08 AM
[SPOILER - THE FALL]

by second act of betrayal do you mean return to Abstergo?! I believe he was "programmed" to do that the same way he was programmed to kill the Mentor... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm pretty sure he made a conscious decision to do so, to evade the revenge of the other assassins.

ShaneO7K
10-21-2011, 10:14 AM
[SPOILER - THE FALL]

by second act of betrayal do you mean return to Abstergo?! I believe he was "programmed" to do that the same way he was programmed to kill the Mentor... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm pretty sure he made a conscious decision to do so, to evade the revenge of the other assassins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Even if it was a conscious decision, I really don't think we could blame him for returning to Abstergo. There would've been bo real chance of mercy for him and Abstergo was the only refuge he could've had from the assassin's. And it was obvious Vidic has at least some feelings for him similar to how he was with Lucy.

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2011, 10:19 AM
[SPOILER - THE FALL]

I'm pretty sure he made a conscious decision to do so, to evade the revenge of the other assassins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

judging by how desperate he was after killing the mentor, and his face right before he arrive at that Abstergo facility, I don't think he was thinking straight at that moment so once again the "program" took control and lead him there...

LightRey
10-21-2011, 10:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
[SPOILER - THE FALL]

Even if it was a conscious decision, I really don't think we could blame him for returning to Abstergo. There would've been bo real chance of mercy for him and Abstergo was the only refuge he could've had from the assassin's. And it was obvious Vidic has at least some feelings for him similar to how he was with Lucy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's a good explanation for why he did it, but not an excuse. His actions directly lead the Assassin order to ruin and regardless of whether he had died had he not made that decision, that is inexcusable, especially for an assassin. Never compromise the brotherhood.

dinsfire3
10-22-2011, 12:19 PM

You think that Subject 16 wants to possess his body? AC is Sci-fi but they won't go that far out. 16 has been helping(somewhat) Desmond I very much doubt he wants to take over his body. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I don't think it's likely that Ubisoft would do that, but S16's character is a little suspicious and I think it would be odd if he went insane in life, but was mentally sound in the Animus. Just a cool plot twist I was tossing around. That's the thing about theories, they don't have to end up being true, but they're fun to discuss. I envy the writers of the Assassin's Creed series, they have the best job in the world: getting paid to make history awesome....

LightRey
10-22-2011, 12:23 PM

You think that Subject 16 wants to possess his body? AC is Sci-fi but they won't go that far out. 16 has been helping(somewhat) Desmond I very much doubt he wants to take over his body. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I don't think it's likely that Ubisoft would do that, but S16's character is a little suspicious and I think it would be odd if he went insane in life, but was mentally sound in the Animus. Just a cool plot twist I was tossing around. That's the thing about theories, they don't have to end up being true, but they're fun to discuss. I envy the writers of the Assassin's Creed series, they have the best job in the world: getting paid to make history awesome.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He went insane because of the bleeding effect. What we see in the video is simply an imprint of his own being. That could very well mean that what's in the animus is still free from the ancestors he visited. Besides, we only saw like half a minute of him. He might still be crazy.

AssassinVulpy
10-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Hmmm...Animus Island...Sounds like some sort of AC related reality show. "These 16 contestants must try to survive on the island and make it through to the next episode."

"6:30 am. Peter has s*** himself after finding a talking testicle."

Anyway, I think it probably is Subject 16.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AssassinVulpy:
Hmmm...Animus Island...Sounds like some sort of AC related reality show. "These 16 contestants must try to survive on the island and make it through to the next episode."

"6:30 am. Peter has s*** himself after finding a talking testicle."

Anyway, I think it probably is Subject 16. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xDDDDDD

BlackRose1809
11-03-2011, 04:28 PM
So I heard it would be like Brotherhood and when ever you are in like Ezio's or Altair's part of the game you can just go to the pause screen and go back to Desmond. I think that's cool, but what will we do as Desmond, I wonder?

LightRey
11-03-2011, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlackRose1809:
So I heard it would be like Brotherhood and when ever you are in like Ezio's or Altair's part of the game you can just go to the pause screen and go back to Desmond. I think that's cool, but what will we do as Desmond, I wonder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Playing his memories and solving puzzles.

BlackRose1809
11-03-2011, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlackRose1809:
So I heard it would be like Brotherhood and when ever you are in like Ezio's or Altair's part of the game you can just go to the pause screen and go back to Desmond. I think that's cool, but what will we do as Desmond, I wonder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Playing his memories and solving puzzles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh! Yayness! Finally more info on him.

RzaRecta357
11-03-2011, 05:56 PM
You're being to harsh on Daniel! It was something he had no control over. He also returned because he was programmed to do it I believe. He was balling his eyes out while hooked back up to the animus.

LightRey
11-03-2011, 05:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
You're being to harsh on Daniel! It was something he had no control over. He also returned because he was programmed to do it I believe. He was balling his eyes out while hooked back up to the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Source or it didn't happen and he was a ******.

KH_Austin
11-03-2011, 09:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
You're being to harsh on Daniel! It was something he had no control over. He also returned because he was programmed to do it I believe. He was balling his eyes out while hooked back up to the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Source or it didn't happen and he was a ******. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, LightRey, what's with the dislike of Daniel Cross? Now, I understand he compromised the Brotherhood, but hey, who brainwashed him and used him as a tool to kill the Mentor; Warren Vicie and the Templars. Now, I agree with the others that maybe Cross will be himself but possibly helping Desmond with his mission in a way, I think. Just my opinion.

LightRey
11-04-2011, 06:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KH_Austin:

Wow, LightRey, what's with the dislike of Daniel Cross? Now, I understand he compromised the Brotherhood, but hey, who brainwashed him and used him as a tool to kill the Mentor; Warren Vicie and the Templars. Now, I agree with the others that maybe Cross will be himself but possibly helping Desmond with his mission in a way, I think. Just my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He single-handedly destroyed the entire order, by first (unintentionally) killing the Mentor and then (intentionally) fleeing to Abstergo, so that they could get all the info on the Assassins they needed. Remember what Vidic said about the Templars wiping out most of the Assassins over the last year? That's Daniel's fault.

Moultonborough
11-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Stepping away from Daniel does anyone think we will be able to go to the Animus Island after the main story is completed?

LightRey
11-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Stepping away from Daniel does anyone think we will be able to go to the Animus Island after the main story is completed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can't see why not.

eagleforlife1
11-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Stepping away from Daniel does anyone think we will be able to go to the Animus Island after the main story is completed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can't see why not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Desmond will be out of his coma at the end of the game.

LightRey
11-04-2011, 01:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

Because Desmond will be out of his coma at the end of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That shouldn't really matter. It's still an Animus program. He should be able to enter it through any interface. There's also no reason to assume that Desmond can't enter the black room if he's not in a coma.

eagleforlife1
11-04-2011, 01:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

Because Desmond will be out of his coma at the end of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That shouldn't really matter. It's still an Animus program. He should be able to enter it through any interface. There's also no reason to assume that Desmond can't enter the black room if he's not in a coma. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But that's just an assumption. There is no way to know whether we will be able to return to Animus Island until we complete the game.

KH_Austin
11-04-2011, 02:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KH_Austin:

Wow, LightRey, what's with the dislike of Daniel Cross? Now, I understand he compromised the Brotherhood, but hey, who brainwashed him and used him as a tool to kill the Mentor; Warren Vicie and the Templars. Now, I agree with the others that maybe Cross will be himself but possibly helping Desmond with his mission in a way, I think. Just my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He single-handedly destroyed the entire order, by first (unintentionally) killing the Mentor and then (intentionally) fleeing to Abstergo, so that they could get all the info on the Assassins they needed. Remember what Vidic said about the Templars wiping out most of the Assassins over the last year? That's Daniel's fault. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I see your point.. but still, I think Daniel is pretty wicked! Lol, don't worry, I'm not egging on your opinion; In fact, I respect it and you.

LightRey
11-04-2011, 02:36 PM
But that's just an assumption. There is no way to know whether we will be able to return to Animus Island until we complete the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it's more of an assumption to think he can't.

eagleforlife1
11-04-2011, 04:51 PM
But that's just an assumption. There is no way to know whether we will be able to return to Animus Island until we complete the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it's more of an assumption to think he can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both are assumptions no matter what way you look at it. However, Desmond isn't literally on Animus Island, his conscience is whilst he is in a coma so that he recover. Once Desmond has completed all of Ezio's, Altair's and his own memories he will find the nexus allowing him to recover from his coma and leave the Black Room; where his conscience was stored. He would have no reason to return to the Island after he escapes his coma as the very reason that he is on the island in the first place is to escape from his coma.

LightRey
11-04-2011, 05:43 PM
I think it's more of an assumption to think he can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both are assumptions no matter what way you look at it. However, Desmond isn't literally on Animus Island, his conscience is whilst he is in a coma so that he recover. Once Desmond has completed all of Ezio's, Altair's and his own memories he will find the nexus allowing him to recover from his coma and leave the Black Room; where his conscience was stored. He would have no reason to return to the Island after he escapes his coma as the very reason that he is on the island in the first place is to escape from his coma. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As I said it's just an animus program. Desmond should be able to enter it from the white room. Besides the black room is just another kind of Animus interface, so even if Desmond couldn't run it through the white room he'd still be able to access it through the black room regardless of whether or not he's still in a coma.

RzaRecta357
11-04-2011, 10:19 PM
They probably won't have animus island anymore since it's the dos of the animus. But I bet you can replay his memories and what not through the menu.

masterfenix2009
11-05-2011, 03:40 AM
[SPOILER - THE FALL]

Honestly, I can't see it being a conscious decision. Everything seemed to give me the impression that he was programmed to go there.....

dxsxhxcx
11-05-2011, 04:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
[SPOILER - THE FALL]

Honestly, I can't see it being a conscious decision. Everything seemed to give me the impression that he was programmed to go there..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you..

I posted this earlier in this thread, that's why I believe that his return to Abstergo wasn't a conscious decision:

judging by how desperate he was after killing the mentor, and his face right before he arrive at that Abstergo facility, I don't think he was thinking straight at that moment so once again the "program" took control and lead him there.

and...

it would be silly from the Templars part to not "program" him to come back to an Abstergo facility once his job was done (and if he was able to survive, of course), kill the Mentor was a big factor to the fall of the Order, but what really made the Order ruin IMO was the knowledge they (Templars) obtained from Daniel of where the Assassins camps were, making possible for them to track down the Assassins and attack these camps, something that wouldn't be possible if Daniel didn't return to Abstergo..

Tzeentch_859
11-05-2011, 05:00 AM
[SPOILER - THE FALL]

Honestly, I can't see it being a conscious decision. Everything seemed to give me the impression that he was programmed to go there..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you..

I
it would be silly from the Templars part to not "program" him to come back to an Abstergo facility once his job was done (and if he was able to survive, of course), kill the Mentor was a big factor to the fall of the Order, but what really made the Order ruin IMO was the knowledge they (Templars) obtained from Daniel of where the Assassins camps were, making possible for them to track down the Assassins and attack these camps, something that wouldn't be possible if Daniel didn't return to Abstergo.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This seems like the logical answer. Why would they send him to kill the mentor if they didn't know he did it? He had to have been forced to come back to abstergo and then from there the templars took the information and kinda let him be in the animus.
It's also interesting how the assassins such as Bellamy just assume that Cross has a returned to Abstergo by mentioning he has been to every one of camps across the globe.

LightRey
11-05-2011, 05:27 AM
Again, source or it didn't happen and he was a ******.

At this point there's nothing concrete pointing in the direction that it wasn't a conscious decision and he most certainly had motive.

dxsxhxcx
11-05-2011, 05:39 AM

At this point there's nothing concrete pointing in the direction that it wasn't a conscious decision and he most certainly had motive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's also nothing concrete that proves that he did that on purpose, the only thing we know is that he returned to Abstergo, if he was aware of what he was doing or not it's another story...

LightRey
11-05-2011, 05:50 AM

At this point there's nothing concrete pointing in the direction that it wasn't a conscious decision and he most certainly had motive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's also nothing concrete that proves that he did that on purpose, the only thing we know is that he returned to Abstergo, if he was aware of what he was doing or not it's another story... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of course not, but using that logic we could just as well consider that all of his actions were dictated by his brainwashing.

The thing is that you're the ones with the burden of evidence, since you're suggesting that he was brainwashed to do more than just kill the mentor, which is the only action that has been confirmed to be caused by his brainwashing.