PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 7.5

Radiax0
11-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey guys and girls, remember me? Sure you do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif it seems my moaning and grumbling about AC were correct. Quite correct actually. It achieved a "remarkable" 7.5 on IGN. A total average... Remember what I've said about AI? Oh, I accidentally played the game and I can surely say that the AI is one of the dumbest I've seen in my short life. Look up my topic that was locked :/, you'll see what I am talking about and that's the same thing I experienced. Second of all, remember when I was talking about bad textures in the demonstration. The "disease" was unfortunately derived into the final version of the game... Don't take my word for it!

..."when you get closer and you see the constant amount of pop-in of items and NPCs, repeated render passes, textures that tear and other visual issues, you can't help but feel like some bugs weren't fully eliminated" - Jeff Haynes, IGN

I have to say that fluid animations were quite nice, and that had a big part in adding 2.5 points to the final score of the game, although the technical side of it sucks for next-generation games. And the bad framerate I experienced during my run-abouts in the world are devastating to the whole overall. Didn't had the will to finish the game, however, according to IGN it ain't worth it...

"...The future context comes across more as an interruption than a device to help push the plot forward, and its clunky segments, coupled with its abrupt and disappointing ending will probably have fans throwing controllers at screens after they've invested dozens of hours exploring the secrets of Acre, Damascus and Jerusalem." also Jeff Haynes, IGN"

Last of all, I have to congratulate on one successful job you've done... Yeah, you guessed, PR... You have hyped the game like nobody else, and failed to withstand your promises which where glorious and sea-parting. Great job on disappointing millions of enthusiasts waiting for the game to come out. It was a total waste of time. And remember what I've said about Crysis? The hype they created was fully proven, it's a candidate for the game of the year!

My colleague with whom I work with has done a review that is soon going to be published on Gamer.hr and the suggested game score is 64%. In addition to that, it is recommended only for the hardcore PoP fans. Although it will be a punishment for their faithfulness, not a reward.

However, don't feel down... Kojima liked it ^^
Hmm, I am thinking about becoming a prophet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Radiax0
11-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey guys and girls, remember me? Sure you do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif it seems my moaning and grumbling about AC were correct. Quite correct actually. It achieved a "remarkable" 7.5 on IGN. A total average... Remember what I've said about AI? Oh, I accidentally played the game and I can surely say that the AI is one of the dumbest I've seen in my short life. Look up my topic that was locked :/, you'll see what I am talking about and that's the same thing I experienced. Second of all, remember when I was talking about bad textures in the demonstration. The "disease" was unfortunately derived into the final version of the game... Don't take my word for it!

..."when you get closer and you see the constant amount of pop-in of items and NPCs, repeated render passes, textures that tear and other visual issues, you can't help but feel like some bugs weren't fully eliminated" - Jeff Haynes, IGN

I have to say that fluid animations were quite nice, and that had a big part in adding 2.5 points to the final score of the game, although the technical side of it sucks for next-generation games. And the bad framerate I experienced during my run-abouts in the world are devastating to the whole overall. Didn't had the will to finish the game, however, according to IGN it ain't worth it...

"...The future context comes across more as an interruption than a device to help push the plot forward, and its clunky segments, coupled with its abrupt and disappointing ending will probably have fans throwing controllers at screens after they've invested dozens of hours exploring the secrets of Acre, Damascus and Jerusalem." also Jeff Haynes, IGN"

Last of all, I have to congratulate on one successful job you've done... Yeah, you guessed, PR... You have hyped the game like nobody else, and failed to withstand your promises which where glorious and sea-parting. Great job on disappointing millions of enthusiasts waiting for the game to come out. It was a total waste of time. And remember what I've said about Crysis? The hype they created was fully proven, it's a candidate for the game of the year!

My colleague with whom I work with has done a review that is soon going to be published on Gamer.hr and the suggested game score is 64%. In addition to that, it is recommended only for the hardcore PoP fans. Although it will be a punishment for their faithfulness, not a reward.

However, don't feel down... Kojima liked it ^^
Hmm, I am thinking about becoming a prophet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AirRon_2K7
11-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Ok, since your opinion is law, we will all kill ourselves.

You lose, good day sir.

b-busher
11-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Well seeing as you were complaining even before you played it that says all I need to know.Your biased so your opinion is BS.

tcm18
11-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Nobody cares what you think. "I'm so cool I'm bashing a video game" Go move out of your mom's basement.

Radiax0
11-14-2007, 11:51 AM
I ain't bashing the game... I just warned you all... The game was a true disappointment to me and I am quite pissed off. I don't live in a basement... I have my own room (cries proudly hehehe). Anyways, you cannot say it fulfilled it's hype... Because it didn't, you are those hardcore fans I referred to... My brother thinks Carbon is a great game, that "thing" was developed for 3 months for example and fact is that it sux and a entire copy of something else, you must understand what hardcore means. Gamespot, for example is biased... My opinion isn't important, I am just commenting the game... Comments can be positive and negative, ya know? Someone said I didn't play the game, yes I did... My friend borrowed it to me and it isn't worth the time... The first hour was quite fun, but then.... break(); exit();

AirRon_2K7
11-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh, and just to clarify, your opinion isn't law, so move on.

Warrior-Within2
11-14-2007, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radiax0:
I ain't bashing the game... I just warned you all... The game was a true disappointment to me and I am quite pissed off. I don't live in a basement... I have my own room (cries proudly hehehe). Anyways, you cannot say it fulfilled it's hype... Because it didn't, you are those hardcore fans I referred to... My brother thinks Carbon is a great game, that "thing" was developed for 3 months for example and fact is that it sux and a entire copy of something else, you must understand what hardcore means. Gamespot, for example is biased... My opinion isn't important, I am just commenting the game... Comments can be positive and negative, ya know? Someone said I didn't play the game, yes I did... My friend borrowed it to me and it isn't worth the time... The first hour was quite fun, but then.... break(); exit(); </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a completely amazing game, and you are completely wrong. Only IGN gave it 7.5. I'm right, your wrong, my word is law!

Radiax0
11-14-2007, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radiax0:
I ain't bashing the game... I just warned you all... The game was a true disappointment to me and I am quite pissed off. I don't live in a basement... I have my own room (cries proudly hehehe). Anyways, you cannot say it fulfilled it's hype... Because it didn't, you are those hardcore fans I referred to... My brother thinks Carbon is a great game, that "thing" was developed for 3 months for example and fact is that it sux and a entire copy of something else, you must understand what hardcore means. Gamespot, for example is biased... My opinion isn't important, I am just commenting the game... Comments can be positive and negative, ya know? Someone said I didn't play the game, yes I did... My friend borrowed it to me and it isn't worth the time... The first hour was quite fun, but then.... break(); exit(); </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a completely amazing game, and you are completely wrong. Only IGN gave it 7.5. I'm right, your wrong, my word is law! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's with you and "my word is law", that a new slang here? IGN was harsh, right and wasn't biased. They screwed up months ago and didn't do a damn thing about it.

b-busher
11-14-2007, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:

It is a completely amazing game, and you are completely wrong. Only IGN gave it 7.5. I'm right, your wrong, my word is law! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you played it? Or are you just telling this guy to shut up is it reaaly good?

ShadowGrip.
11-14-2007, 12:00 PM
You can't go by a review. You didn't play it some idiot did that probably did like having to do a review. Play it then see how it is for yourself.

Raide
11-14-2007, 12:03 PM
The review opinion on Assassin's Creed has been divided and where IGN has given it a "Remarkable" 7.5 (Not terrible to be honest), GameSpot gave it a 9.0, GameTrailers gave it a 9.1 and even Famitsu who tend to be fairly mean with their scoring gave it a 37/40.

Scores are going to vary depending on the people reviewing the game. In the end it is very much down to the player to choose if Assassin's Creed is really the game for them.

People will always manage to pick holes in things and that is their opinion and people should respect that, but those people should also understand that people may not agree with their opinion.

From a gamers point of view, I think the animation system for Altair's free-running is amazing. It all blends together well and you don't get the delay in choosing what actions you wish to perform.

Again, gamers will choose if Assassin's Creed is for them, not the reviewers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Not long now for many of those people waiting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Raide
UK Forum Manager

Warrior-Within2
11-14-2007, 12:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by b-busher:

Have you played it? Or are you just telling this guy to shut up is it reaaly good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I played it on my friends 360, because my EB didn't have my PS3 version in stock. I'm getting mine tomorrow. The game is so fun. It has a slight learning curve though. I kept jumping of the walls because I'm used to pressing up and X whenever I want to jump to a higher ledge... Have to remember to just hold up...

MiniAssasin
11-14-2007, 12:06 PM

i have seen many people saying it has liven up to its hype and all the things that people have said make the game **** arent even issues or noticeable when playing

grim is one such dude, wonder when hes playing live again

dQuarters
11-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Funny how he didn't cite the other GLOWING reviews written/recorded about Assassins Creed. Not sure why someone would come to the official board to trash something unfairly (unless he works for EA or something).

But regardless, I've read lots of reviews on this game as I eagerly anticipate EB's call, so I can pick up my CE.
IGN's review was pretty depressing. VERY negative. It was work just to read it. It felt like the reviewer wanted to kill herself.
Gamespot's review was the opposite. As if AC could do no wrong. By what they SAY about AC it should have gotten a 10/10.
If you want a balanced review, check out the one from Gametrailers. Very informative. Complimentary, but hard on it's faults. I found it to be properly objective and fairly tough on this much hyped game.

Altair778
11-14-2007, 02:05 PM
you, sir are crazy. I've been playing this game since 2:00 and I can honestly say, its is amazing. I almost lost my breath the first time I fought with a guard. The AI is fine. The reason a guard pulls out his sword and tells you "your not supposed to be up here" IS BECASUE HE'S SUSPICOUS. Then, when he sees all the duards following you and you don't respond, he attacks. It makes sense. You don't see a man running from two guards and kill him right away! what if he stole some fruit?

StealthyFisher
11-14-2007, 02:13 PM
To be honest i don't like how he expresses his opinions. It really sounds like he is trying to trash the game. But you guys can't do anything he's entitled to his opinions.

iPlunder
11-14-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm playing the game as we speak.. I think its amazing, and so do gamespot Famitsu, gamepro, Game informer and game radar.

Which all scored above 9's. IGN just had to high expectations.

PantsRtight
11-14-2007, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raide:
The review opinion on Assassin's Creed has been divided and where IGN has given it a "Remarkable" 7.5 (Not terrible to be honest), GameSpot gave it a 9.0, GameTrailers gave it a 9.1 and even Famitsu who tend to be fairly mean with their scoring gave it a 37/40.

Scores are going to vary depending on the people reviewing the game. In the end it is very much down to the player to choose if Assassin's Creed is really the game for them.

People will always manage to pick holes in things and that is their opinion and people should respect that, but those people should also understand that people may not agree with their opinion.

From a gamers point of view, I think the animation system for Altair's free-running is amazing. It all blends together well and you don't get the delay in choosing what actions you wish to perform.

Again, gamers will choose if Assassin's Creed is for them, not the reviewers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Not long now for many of those people waiting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Raide
UK Forum Manager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you so much for saying that, that's 100% right! I'm so glad you elaborated for the rest of the people to not go by reviews but by game substance. You are the best http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

synergy23
11-14-2007, 03:04 PM
I ain't bashing the game... I just warned you all... The game was a true disappointment to me and I am quite pissed off. I don't live in a basement... I have my own room (cries proudly hehehe). Anyways, you cannot say it fulfilled it's hype... Because it didn't, you are those hardcore fans I referred to... My brother thinks Carbon is a great game, that "thing" was developed for 3 months for example and fact is that it sux and a entire copy of something else, you must understand what hardcore means. Gamespot, for example is biased... My opinion isn't important, I am just commenting the game... Comments can be positive and negative, ya know? Someone said I didn't play the game, yes I did... My friend borrowed it to me and it isn't worth the time... The first hour was quite fun, but then.... break(); exit(); </div></BLOCKQUOTE>omg ign gave it a 7.5 it must be the end of the world!!!....oh w8 what about the other sites that gave it a fantastic score?

kinsella1991
11-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Yea but tbh whats it rly matter if this game is not as good as ppl fink its going to be (aint played it yet and cant w8 tohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) but tbh this game prob guna kick the **** out of releases lately guna pwn Halo 3 all over and what iv seen of COD4 don't seem.....Amazing so i fink AC guna rock!!woo:P

Cutts77
11-14-2007, 03:55 PM
I think the best thing to do on this occasion would be to ignore him and make your own opinion on the game.

rogue_tom
11-14-2007, 05:01 PM
The only thing i've seen complained about is the ai which isn't much different to splinter cell, mgs, gta, etc. You can hide richt infront of npcs in some stealth games but no one seems to care when playing.

I can understand if people have problems with a game but from the way you write it sounds like you're just a hater and have no interest in been unbias.

Sploivik
11-14-2007, 05:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iPlunder:
I'm playing the game as we speak.. I think its amazing, and so do gamespot Famitsu, gamepro, Game informer and game radar.

Which all scored above 9's. IGN just had to high expectations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah IGN had way to high expectations. Iv been playing it for 2hrs now and "DONT LET REVIEWS LET YOU DOWN" cause this game is spectacular. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

trojanfoe
11-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Well I hope he's wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if they screwed up. From what I've read on reviews and gamer impressions there isn't enough interaction that you have to perform in order to do things like climbing and fighting. It sounds like you only have to press 2 buttons to climb etc. and 1 button when fighting, but at the right time.

I have been looking forward to this game for so long and I want it to be great, and I will find out shortly.

Ubisoft have certainly put alot of effort into marketing it; on the 1191ad website they have even gotten the participants to advertise the game themselves by encouraging them to wear costumes in game stores and take photos etc., as well as make facebook widgets etc. I think those that did that will feel worse than us if this game does turn out to be a turkey...