PDA

View Full Version : IL2:FB - Ace dedicated server.

TheAmeoba
06-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Could somone either point me to a good tutorial or explain to me how to run a dedicated server. I've been looking around for a dedicated server version of the game but can only find the dedicated server patch.

Also why are no servers running 2.04? they are either 2.01 or unknown.

Thanks for any help.

TheAmeoba
06-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Could somone either point me to a good tutorial or explain to me how to run a dedicated server. I've been looking around for a dedicated server version of the game but can only find the dedicated server patch.

Also why are no servers running 2.04? they are either 2.01 or unknown.

Thanks for any help.

rnzoli
06-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Here's the description (it was on the second page of the forum): http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/692106434

There is no "unknown" server. Each server has a version, you will see it when you try to connect. If you can connect, it has the same version as your game. If you can't, it will tell you, what version is on the server.

I presume you refer to the UBI.com lobby. The lobby software doesn't recognize any version about 2.01. There is a dedicated server often running on 2.04 as Check Six! with statistics.

2.04 version is very old and few people play it. For a reasonably small amount of money (buy PF), you can play with hundreds more people on 4.04m.