PDA

View Full Version : One very aggravating thing about UBI.com

Hawgdog
10-18-2004, 06:09 PM
I have to set the level of privacy in my IE to "medium high"
If I set it to "high" * it simply wont load. Even CWOS can load on high....wonder why it insists on using personal info without my consent to load?
Anyone?

*High:
Blocks cookies that do not have a compact privacy policy
Blocks cookies that use personally identifiable information without
your consent

Hawgdog
10-18-2004, 06:09 PM
I have to set the level of privacy in my IE to "medium high"
If I set it to "high" * it simply wont load. Even CWOS can load on high....wonder why it insists on using personal info without my consent to load?
Anyone?

*High:
Blocks cookies that do not have a compact privacy policy
Blocks cookies that use personally identifiable information without
your consent

Chuck_Older
10-18-2004, 06:12 PM
There's just one very aggravating thing? They have improved it, then

Hawgdog
10-18-2004, 06:20 PM
LOL
yeah, I posted this a year ago hoping they would improve their privacy policy.
Guess not, one more reason I come less and less.
It sucks having to "drop the shields" to read any replies...

T_O_A_D
10-18-2004, 11:14 PM
I had to go get Firefox to be able to use all the functions needed as a Mod and still have some quality in a browser. The PF board is the worst on IE for me, Nothing works short viewing threads, and quick reply's.

Hawgdog
10-19-2004, 09:35 AM
alrighty toadie my friend i keep reading about firefox and this is the final thread to make me find out what it is.
seems safer than anything else-especially IE. What a hole in my security system
~S~

Lateralus_14
10-19-2004, 10:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hawgdog:
alrighty toadie my friend i keep reading about firefox and this is the final thread to make me find out what it is.
~S~ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Firefox is definitely a step up from IE in all respects - ease of use, security, customizability, and resource usage. Download 1.0PR and then go to download some extensions: Popup Blocker, Google Toolbar, Tabbed Browsing Extended, and Mouse Gestures. Great browser, I haven't used IE a single time since making the switch.

T_O_A_D
10-19-2004, 10:08 AM
Ditto! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lateralus_14:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hawgdog:
~S~ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Firefox is definitely a step up from IE in all respects - ease of use, security, customizability, and resource usage. Download 1.0PR and then go to download some extensions: Popup Blocker, Google Toolbar, Tabbed Browsing Extended, and Mouse Gestures. Great browser, I haven't used IE a single time since making the switch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hawgdog
10-19-2004, 10:45 AM
thanks boys, I was literally about to wright off this site

~S~

T_O_A_D
10-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Welcome. aggrivating having to learn new soft ware for an old stick in the mud but I managed.