PDA

View Full Version : Wait, so how did Ezio... ***SPOILERS***

DiamondBlade_R
12-19-2009, 11:44 PM
...survive his final confronation with Borgia? you can clearly see that he takes a stab to the chest. Moments afterwards, he gets on his feet with barely a scratch.

WHAT? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

DiamondBlade_R
12-19-2009, 11:44 PM
...survive his final confronation with Borgia? you can clearly see that he takes a stab to the chest. Moments afterwards, he gets on his feet with barely a scratch.

WHAT? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Shadowland69
12-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Yea i had the same thoughts but after i read the codex and altiar mentioned about a long life i kinda assumed the POE might have some healing powers or something similiar?

Just a theory.

DiamondBlade_R
12-20-2009, 12:19 AM
That might be true, but at that point of the game, Borgia had the apple with him after he had supposedly defeated Ezio. Weird...

Shadowland69
12-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Ahhh true i forgot that haha my bad. But yeah it's wierd i just have a feeling its got something to do with the PoE. (Maybe if ur even exposed to or touch the PoE it has some affect on u?)

But yea i agree with u its wierd haha

Varenis
12-20-2009, 01:56 AM
This has been posted before, you can find it from here.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/3321048418 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3321048418)

senile old coot
12-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Altair survived a similar stabbing at the beginning of AC1 maybe assassins are just super-resistant to being stabbed in the gut lol (otherwise i'm really not sure tbh)

Abeonis
12-20-2009, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Al_Mualims_Nan:
Altair survived a similar stabbing at the beginning of AC1 maybe assassins are just super-resistant to being stabbed in the gut lol (otherwise i'm really not sure tbh) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair wasn't actually stabbed by Al Mualim though; the PoE just gave Altair the illusion that he was being stabbed... Al Mualim told him so. Now whether Borgia did the same to Ezio or not is the question, as well as why he would.

senile old coot
12-20-2009, 09:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Al_Mualims_Nan:
Altair survived a similar stabbing at the beginning of AC1 maybe assassins are just super-resistant to being stabbed in the gut lol (otherwise i'm really not sure tbh) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair wasn't actually stabbed by Al Mualim though; the PoE just gave Altair the illusion that he was being stabbed... Al Mualim told him so. Now whether Borgia did the same to Ezio or not is the question, as well as why he would. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

.............oh yeeeeh haha sorry my memory phails. as for Borgia i don't think he would have created an illusion depicting ezio being stabbed when an opportunity to truly eliminate the one responsible for screwing up his plans for years presented itself to him.

IEzioI
12-20-2009, 09:16 AM
i swear he got stabbed in the stomach or somewhere around there.

but if he didnt survive there wouldnt be an assassins creed 3.

KakashiAssassin
12-20-2009, 09:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Altair wasn't actually stabbed by Al Mualim though; the PoE just gave Altair the illusion that he was being stabbed... Al Mualim told him so. Now whether Borgia did the same to Ezio or not is the question, as well as why he would. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

.............oh yeeeeh haha sorry my memory phails. as for Borgia i don't think he would have created an illusion depicting ezio being stabbed when an opportunity to truly eliminate the one responsible for screwing up his plans for years presented itself to him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just thought of a possiblity for ya, what if Ezio was projecting the illusion for Borgia stabbing him and taking the peice of eden?

seems to be the most likely to me.

but i think there will be no direct answer for this until AC3

ToKillInPeace
12-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Well, yes, to the above poster, that's what I came to a conclusion about.

With him being so vulnerable, why would Ezio take out the PoE?

I think he created a fake (illusion of) the apple, and rodrigo took the fake apple, thinking it was the real one, then unbeknown to him, only thought he was stabbing Ezio, while Ezio still had the original apple.

To back this up, we see Ezio grab the staff and then the door opens. The apple on the staff wasn't the real one, but since Ezio had the apple with him when he grabbed the staff, the door opened.

Also, We never see Ezio remove the supposed apple from the staff, but he has it when he enters the vault, because Minerva asks to show it to her....

Black_Widow9
12-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Please put <span class="ev_code_RED">*SPOILERS*</span> in the Title so I don't have to lock this.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

DiamondBlade_R
12-20-2009, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Please put <span class="ev_code_RED">*SPOILERS*</span> in the Title so I don't have to lock this.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Done.

To all that is saying that the fact that Borgia couldn't open the door to the vault is an indication that he had a "fake" PoE, that statement is false. Ezio could gain access to the Vault simply because he was the Prophet. Borgia was denied access to the vault because he wasn't.

ToKillInPeace
12-20-2009, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DiamondBlade_R:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Done.

To all that is saying that the fact that Borgia couldn't open the door to the vault is an indication that he had a "fake" PoE, that statement is false. Ezio could gain access to the Vault simply because he was the Prophet. Borgia was denied access to the vault because he wasn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both reasons are valid. He didn't have both pieces and he wasn't the prophet.

It is very plausible to state the fake PoE theory because of the aforementioned reasons stated in the thread.

assassinato_862
12-20-2009, 02:48 PM
It doesn't matter "how" Ezio survived. For all we know is in order for Desmond to exist is for Ezio survived the stabbing, whether he was healed after the fight or he was just that badass he survived so Desmond to exist.

Ureh
12-20-2009, 03:24 PM
hm i never thought of it that way. that ezio was actually use the piece of eden to trick borgia into thinking he got it from his hand and trick to think he stab him

but yeah altair said in a codex that the ONes who came before created vaults and temples that would only allower certain people to go in them

NoxieDC
12-20-2009, 05:27 PM
If you had watched "Gangs of New York" you'd know a stab to the gut isn't really deadly. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TheEpicWolf
12-20-2009, 05:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NoxieDC:
If you had watched "Gangs of New York" you'd know a stab to the gut isn't really deadly. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's such a good film http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EmperorxZurg
12-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow. All the normals before the game have left lol

Remember tho that Borgia had at least one PoE. In the Codex, Altair exclaims that possession of the PoE gives extended health and can block most cuts and stabs while still giving the illusion to the attacker that it still hit. This probably happened the first time with Borgia but then the effects wore off as the two PoE were separated and therefore disconnected the powerful link between them so then the second time Ezio's blades made the kill

SWJS
12-20-2009, 07:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
Wow. All the normals before the game have left lol

Remember tho that Borgia had at least one PoE. In the Codex, Altair exclaims that possession of the PoE gives extended health and can block most cuts and stabs while still giving the illusion to the attacker that it still hit. This probably happened the first time with Borgia but then the effects wore off as the two PoE were separated and therefore disconnected the powerful link between them so then the second time Ezio's blades made the kill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>While that is a valid point on how Ezio could have survived, there is one thing that falsifies the entire statement. Ezio doesn't kill Borgia. He only beats him up and then wrings his neck. He refuses to kill Borgia because "it wont bring his family back."

EmperorxZurg
12-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Exactly but from the pummeling he gave him, Borgia would have passed out from it and then woken much later. Maybe even when the tomb was closed again and he was trapped

SWJS
12-21-2009, 12:20 AM
But Pope Alexander IV doesn't die until 1503, three years later. Also, all the people in the chapel would probably hve been awake in time to see Ezio leave the chamber.

*book spoiler*

Also, in The Book, Borgia asks Ezio what he saw after he leaves the vault.

EmperorxZurg
12-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Borgia was probably half conscious and barely muttered it and the people's memories would have been wiped due to the PoE. Then A new Pope was replaced because Everyone's memories were wiped about Borgia since he was a new Pope and that's when Alexander took office

SWJS
12-21-2009, 03:13 PM
The people were only effected by the Papal Staff, which was designed to control body, not mind. And, even if they had no memory of Borgia, they still would have seen Ezio coming out of the Vault and gone to check it out. And let's not forget Borgia was still conscious when Ezio entered the vault. Ezio spent, I'd estimate a time of 10-15 minutes in the Vault with Minerva. If Borgia were going to fall unconcious, he would have done so long before Ezio exited the vault. And if that isn't enough, everyone all throughout Italy knew who Borgia was by that time, and as we've seen, the Apple's effects of mind control are limited, so there would still be people in Italy wondering where Pope Alexander had gone. Borgia couldn't have been locked in the vault. He continued his services as Pope until 1503, and he vey well couldn't do it locked underground without food or water.

EmperorxZurg
12-21-2009, 04:25 PM
that's what the apple was for, the apple does fool the mind. Maybe the Assassins got a double and used the apple to make him look like Borgia and then when Ezio went out of the vault he took the real Borgia and put him into care of the assassins. and when Ezio came out of the vault...Well I have no explanation for that one lol

godsmack_darius
12-21-2009, 10:11 PM
How would Borgia get out? He was right out side the vault but if you look closly, Ezio and borgia are in a big bowl, theirs no way Borgia would have the strength to climb out, beaten up or not, climbing out of their would be impossible