PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's Muslim and Christian ancestors

ISRAEL_COMMANDO
05-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Altair is Muslim, while Ezio is Christian (at least they were born into those cultures). Both are separated by maybe 200 years. How is it possible that they come from the same family branch when they were at war during those days and didn't intermarry? That is a plot hole I think.

ISRAEL_COMMANDO
05-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Altair is Muslim, while Ezio is Christian (at least they were born into those cultures). Both are separated by maybe 200 years. How is it possible that they come from the same family branch when they were at war during those days and didn't intermarry? That is a plot hole I think.

RzaRecta357
05-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Altair was neither. This was stated in the manual or somewhere. Plus, he knew that jesus was just a magician (Much like real life :P) using a piece of eden. So these faiths he knew were fake (In the games universe....or our own if that's what you believe)

Ezio having seen this stuff still tells his opponents to "Rest in Piece" so he must have some sort of faith but I'm not sure if he's Christian or sort of agnostic or whatever.

BUT, Altair did sleep with Maria whom was a templar. So there's the merging you were talking about right there.

ISRAEL_COMMANDO
05-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Doesn't matter whether he *believed* in Mohammed or Jesus, the fact is Islam and Christianity were at war back in those days so Muslims and Christians didn't just go around marrying each other. That's a fact. It's next to impossible that they could basically be from the same era yet be from the same family line. Cultures don't mix that readily, and certainly not during total war as during the Crusades.

swiftkinfe
05-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Altair was stated to be neither christian or muslim. Ezio wasn't stated to be anything if he is anything. I always thought he said rest in peace for the last rights of the victim.

ISRAEL_COMMANDO
05-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I know Altair and Ezio weren't religious. I pretty much implied that in my first post.

Let me put it this way instead. Ezio's family traces it's roots to Italy, while Altair's family roots go back to Arabia. As those two cultures were at WAR, their would be no intermarriage going on between them, thus no common lineage. Clearer?

gamertam
05-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Altair i think was borned as an assassin, while Ezio is from a noble family. He didn't asked for this, it was taken from him forcefully. The death of his family by hanging. Betrayed by the Borgias.

This reminds me something: how come his brother(Federico) wasn't an assassin like Ezio?

ISRAEL_COMMANDO
05-06-2011, 08:32 PM
>>>Altair i think was borned as an assassin, while Ezio is from a noble family. He didn't asked for this, it was taken from him forcefully.

That's entirely true. Yet if Desmond is their descendant, then it follows that Altair and Ezio are also family. That is highly unlikely to have happened given the reasons I already stated.

RzaRecta357
05-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Altair had a kid with Maria. Boom. Question answered? Then, over at the old assassin den, the bloodline continued.

Then they hopped on a boat to italy and built the Villa Auditore and started life as fake italians eventually becoming italian in blood through marriage.

Religions had nothing to do with it.

twangling
05-06-2011, 08:45 PM
I read it somewhere (though I forgot where) that, interfaith marriages between Muslims and Christians were not uncommon back then. It might not be a most favorable choice, but it was by no means prohibited or averted. Altair HIMSELF has a Muslim father and Christian mother, remember?

And even if such marriages were a rare practice, like previous posters said, Altair was NOT religious, therefore not bound by Islamic or Christian conventions.

xsatanicjokerx
05-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Assassin's do not have a religion -Nothing is ture

Abeonis
05-06-2011, 08:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ISRAEL_COMMANDO:
Altair is Muslim, while Ezio is Christian (at least they were born into those cultures). Both are separated by maybe 200 years. How is it possible that they come from the same family branch when they were at war during those days and didn't intermarry? That is a plot hole I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you quite understand your own issue here..... Altair was born to Muslim father and Christian mother, both of whom were members of the Assassin Order. Altair was subsequently brought up to be spiritual, not religious. He then has at least one child with Maria whose own child moves away from the Middle East, and settles on the outskirts of Venice.

Another child is born, Domenico, whose travels are chronicled in the Auditore crypt. That explains how the "Auditore's" came to be nobles. Ezio was born into a Christian society, yes, but he's not Christian. He's most likely agnostic, as he is known to hold beliefs, but his words strongly indicate he does not believe in the Christian God.