PDA

View Full Version : Ubidays 07 trailer question

racinemitch
06-27-2007, 06:47 PM
At 34 seconds in...he seems to slap the guard wearing black/brown...is he just slapping him or is that his blade hand? Which would mean is he slicing him?

And, at 1:10 the guard throws what looks like a rock...will rocks be considered a weapon?? Distraction? or was that just to make me have a gamegasm

racinemitch
06-27-2007, 06:47 PM
At 34 seconds in...he seems to slap the guard wearing black/brown...is he just slapping him or is that his blade hand? Which would mean is he slicing him?

And, at 1:10 the guard throws what looks like a rock...will rocks be considered a weapon?? Distraction? or was that just to make me have a gamegasm

Hassan-Sabaa
06-27-2007, 06:56 PM
1. I believe that in one of the directors diaries it is stated that circle 'O' (I dont know the 360 equivilent) is your left, unarmed hand. It also says that in a combat situation you can press 'O' to punch. That what I think because I never heard that Altair had an edge on the back of his hand aside from his hidden dagger.

2. I think that it would be a weapon that might stun you but it might be a random weapon that guards use if they dont have a bow or are out of arrows and need to hit you without coming near. I hope that guards dont have a lot of range attacks.

racinemitch
06-27-2007, 06:59 PM
WEll my thought was that since maybe the guards can randomly pic up things and throw them at you...that maybe you can also do the same with them? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I think that that would make this game a 12/10 unlike now...10/10 from what i've seen

~Mitch~

Hassan-Sabaa
06-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Brilliant! That would be awsome. Tip of the hat. Lets hope that is true.

Boromir323
06-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah I thought the guard was throwing a brick at him and I was like wtf? but it would make sense if they could just chuck whatever was at hand at you.

racinemitch
06-27-2007, 09:50 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Im thinking this is going to give me a few gamegasm's (said that in another post but the word fits with this game). Especially if you and they can pick up whatever is around you and use it</span>

ThePheonix1030
06-28-2007, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hassan-Sabaa:
I believe that in one of the directors diaries it is stated that circle 'O' (I dont know the 360 equivilent) is your left, unarmed hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His left hand is his armed hand.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by racinemitch:
And, at 1:10 the guard throws what looks like a rock...will rocks be considered a weapon?? Distraction? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never thought about that. Good idea http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Phreaky_McGeek
06-28-2007, 02:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hassan-Sabaa:
I believe that in one of the directors diaries it is stated that circle 'O' (I dont know the 360 equivilent) is your left, unarmed hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His left hand is his armed hand.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Someone needs to learn left from right... have a good long look at the Ubidays trailer. No left-handed swordplay there.

chewie1890
06-28-2007, 03:01 PM
I think she meant his left hand is the arm with the switchblade on it, which in a way would mean it was 'armed'.

If I remember correctly it will be the left 'unarmed' hand (The one with the switchblade) controlled by the 360's 'x' button, and the PS3's 'square' button. The armed hand (The one which holds his sword) will be the 'b' button on the 360 and the 'circle' button on the PS3.

ThePheonix1030
06-28-2007, 05:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewie1890:
I think she meant his left hand is the arm with the switchblade on it, which in a way would mean it was 'armed'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, sorry about that. Thanks for clearing that up...

Skaevola
06-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Well, from what I've heard, the "left arm" button can be used in places besides combat (to swing under a beam instead of jump on, reach out onto an outcrop, etc.), so maybe it can be used to pick up and chuck a small object near you.

On the Left Arm button note, I am loving the "freestyle" combat system. Slapping people in the middle of a fight? Awesome!

racinemitch
06-29-2007, 11:16 AM
That does seem really cool! I think it will be a kinda thing that it is either going to work and be awesome, or it is going to be confusing and piss me off. Just my personal thought

~Mitch~

Woody990
06-29-2007, 02:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewie1890:
If I remember correctly it will be the left 'unarmed' hand (The one with the switchblade) controlled by the 360's 'x' button, and the PS3's 'square' button. The armed hand (The one which holds his sword) will be the 'b' button on the 360 and the 'circle' button on the PS3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Other way round. Armed hand is the left button (X,Square) and unarmed is the right button (B,Circle)

omfgnoob1
06-29-2007, 03:38 PM
And i think that Jade told that X on PS3 is your leg

SiLeNcEr-GuY
06-29-2007, 04:54 PM
This game is gunna be awesome ecept i dont remember jade saying anything about a kick. Wut interview was that? Post if u can.

se675
06-29-2007, 07:15 PM
X on PS3 and A on xbox is probably going to be jump.

BEEateMAN
07-01-2007, 02:33 PM
X/A = legs
[]/X = left hand
0/B = right hand
/\(triangle)/Y = head

i heard that on an interview to, apparently the designer of the button style wants all games like tghis so you dont even need to look in the manual to know the general controls.

Phreaky_McGeek
07-01-2007, 03:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by se675:
X on PS3 and A on xbox is probably going to be jump. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not with automatic jumping.