PDA

View Full Version : Bringing back the Assassin, in Assassins Creed

Altair661
08-14-2011, 02:41 AM
To me, Assassins Creed 1 was a very very great game. Even after AC2 and B. I actually went back and played it again, and did all the side missions (..which are all the same sadly), all the viewpoints, and almost...all the flags. But one they sorta brought back in ACB but was comepletely missing AC2(except during the festival), was the feeling of being a hunter. A real assassin. WE might have hated the whole pickpocketing and interrogation and listening it. And doing it over and over again. And I understand they're trying to go more narritive with then new ones. But I miss the whole, gathering information. Truly being a blade in the crowd. And when the time was right. You found your target when he was in the open, and then actually did an assassination. I miss that feeling in the new ones. I miss actually being an Assassin and hunting down my targets. I feel like their taking away from the "secrecy" of the group.
Now dont get me wrong, I love the AC games, I've beaten all of em, multiple times. And i've pre-ordered Revelations. But that what I really liked about AC1 and i'd like it greatly, if they brought that back in some type of aspect in the new one. Anyone else agree with me?

Altair661
08-14-2011, 02:41 AM
To me, Assassins Creed 1 was a very very great game. Even after AC2 and B. I actually went back and played it again, and did all the side missions (..which are all the same sadly), all the viewpoints, and almost...all the flags. But one they sorta brought back in ACB but was comepletely missing AC2(except during the festival), was the feeling of being a hunter. A real assassin. WE might have hated the whole pickpocketing and interrogation and listening it. And doing it over and over again. And I understand they're trying to go more narritive with then new ones. But I miss the whole, gathering information. Truly being a blade in the crowd. And when the time was right. You found your target when he was in the open, and then actually did an assassination. I miss that feeling in the new ones. I miss actually being an Assassin and hunting down my targets. I feel like their taking away from the "secrecy" of the group.
Now dont get me wrong, I love the AC games, I've beaten all of em, multiple times. And i've pre-ordered Revelations. But that what I really liked about AC1 and i'd like it greatly, if they brought that back in some type of aspect in the new one. Anyone else agree with me?

E-Zekiel
08-14-2011, 03:34 AM
I honestly kind of think they're aware of that. It's something that I don't care for either, the whole "revealing yourself before you've struck" thing is not assassin-y imo. While the AC:B trailer was indeed uber, that did irk me about it.

Turkiye96
08-14-2011, 05:03 AM
I agree with you a lot, ACB may have had an interesting storyline but it itself wasn't interesting to play with non of that cool tension of actually huning your prey! while assassin's creed 1 did do a good job at portraying that feel it was way to repetative to be good. in assassin's creed 2 ( my current favourite) they made a great blend of missions in such a way that you could always be aggressive and still have that hunter feel, and the plot to each missions helped that quite a bit. In Brotherhood, the missions were rather more about destroying Ceasre's power and influence and then attack him, we did nothing to even learn about him or the other targets.
but im happy that in revelations we will have more of this aspect of stalking, atleast with the Byzantine king as we aren't sure if he is a Templar and so must learn about him

Serrachio
08-14-2011, 05:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turkiye96:
I agree with you a lot, ACB may have had an interesting storyline but it itself wasn't interesting to play with non of that cool tension of actually huning your prey! while assassin's creed 1 did do a good job at portraying that feel it was way to repetative to be good. in assassin's creed 2 ( my current favourite) they made a great blend of missions in such a way that you could always be aggressive and still have that hunter feel, and the plot to each missions helped that quite a bit. In Brotherhood, the missions were rather more about destroying Ceasre's power and influence and then attack him, we did nothing to even learn about him or the other targets.
but im happy that in revelations we will have more of this aspect of stalking, atleast with the Byzantine king as we aren't sure if he is a Templar and so must learn about him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That being said, that doesn't guarantee that we will actively hunt out information surrounding him.

It could end up that Ezio magically knows something that they've neglected to mention before he goes after a main target, or he just so happens to bump into someone important who knows just exactly what he needs.

I'm looking forward to more of the mission types from AC1 to be honest. I know in AC1 that they were repetitive, but they've not really been prevalent enough recently and I'm hoping they're re-introduced in moderation.

Altair661
08-14-2011, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turkiye96:
but im happy that in revelations we will have more of this aspect of stalking, atleast with the Byzantine king as we aren't sure if he is a Templar and so must learn about him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, in ACB you kinda knew what was gonna happen. You knew that Ezio was gonna live and that enevitably he was gonna kill off Cesare. I was actually more excited about what was gonna happen with the Demond sections. You knew he was gonna get the apple at one point cause thats what Desmond was looking for in the first place. But it the new one your searching for something in a vault or library or whatever, and we have no idea what the Altair segments are like. So the story is basically a mystery. I didnt feel that urge to find out what happened at the end of Brotherhood. But now I do for ACR

Altair661
08-14-2011, 09:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That being said, that doesn't guarantee that we will actively hunt out information surrounding him.

It could end up that Ezio magically knows something that they've neglected to mention before he goes after a main target, or he just so happens to bump into someone important who knows just exactly what he needs.

I'm looking forward to more of the mission types from AC1 to be honest. I know in AC1 that they were repetitive, but they've not really been prevalent enough recently and I'm hoping they're re-introduced in moderation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you ever tried to play AC1 with no hud at all? it's actually quite engaging, because you actually hae to go through the city and find the citizens and the pickpockets and stuff. But in the other ones there's no way you could that.

Xanatos2007
08-14-2011, 10:39 PM
The missions were fine in AC1 since pickpocketing, interrogating, eavesdropping and contacting informants are logically the best ways for an assassin to acquire information about their target. They were just poorly executed. If a little effort was put in to make them more challenging and, dare I say, 'cinematic', it would've been much better. For instance, with the eavesdropping missions you'd have to try and stay within earshot of the conversation while remaining anonymous (like they did in AC2 a few times).

And they should bring back the 'Creed' part of the title while they're at it.

Calvarok
08-15-2011, 01:22 PM
AC2 was totally like that. ACB was a different type of story, and was more about Ezio adapting to situations on the fly, and being awesome. ACR seems to be more about taking a step back and choosing how you want to complete a mission based on what you discover through eagle sense and your new abilities, then choosing. I never found Altair's investigations very convincing. ACB's War machines had an interesting approach to it, with certain ones shaking up the way you find out what to do. Brotherhood's in-mission investigations were a lot more engaging, and made sense.

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 10:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That being said, that doesn't guarantee that we will actively hunt out information surrounding him.

I'm looking forward to more of the mission types from AC1 to be honest. I know in AC1 that they were repetitive, but they've not really been prevalent enough recently and I'm hoping they're re-introduced in moderation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you ever tried to play AC1 with no hud at all? it's actually quite engaging, because you actually hae to go through the city and find the citizens and the pickpockets and stuff. But in the other ones there's no way you could that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about the console versions, but you could turn the HUD off in AC2 and Brotherhood on the PC also. It looks like that's what they did for the E3 demo footage also.

Altair661
08-16-2011, 05:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:

Have you ever tried to play AC1 with no hud at all? it's actually quite engaging, because you actually hae to go through the city and find the citizens and the pickpockets and stuff. But in the other ones there's no way you could that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about the console versions, but you could turn the HUD off in AC2 and Brotherhood on the PC also. It looks like that's what they did for the E3 demo footage also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah you can in AC2 and ACB but the cities are so big and the missions are like all across the city that you kinda need the hud at least the map. Unless you want to run around the entire city looking for a mission.

Master_Rahl
08-16-2011, 05:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

I don't know about the console versions, but you could turn the HUD off in AC2 and Brotherhood on the PC also. It looks like that's what they did for the E3 demo footage also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah you can in AC2 and ACB but the cities are so big and the missions are like all across the city that you kinda need the hud at least the map. Unless you want to run around the entire city looking for a mission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could always familiarize yourself with the bigger landmarks like the Colosseo, the Castel, towers, that kind of thing, then check the map to see what landmarks your goal is by, then use the landmarks you see to kind of go in that direction.

Altair661
08-16-2011, 05:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Master_Rahl:

Well yeah you can in AC2 and ACB but the cities are so big and the missions are like all across the city that you kinda need the hud at least the map. Unless you want to run around the entire city looking for a mission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could always familiarize yourself with the bigger landmarks like the Colosseo, the Castel, towers, that kind of thing, then check the map to see what landmarks your goal is by, then use the landmarks you see to kind of go in that direction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but the point I was trying to make was that I felt that turning off the hud in AC1 made it feel like more of an "investigative. blade in the crowd feel" but dont get me wrong in the other ones I very much still felt like an Assassin. I still think ACB is the best one. I just wish they bring back the main assassination aspects in the game as they were in AC1. Or atleast more of it.