PDA

View Full Version : Simped or Ch-pedals

Maverick--GER--
10-16-2004, 11:08 PM
Hi i am searching for Pedals for my HOTAS Cougar
and i read that much people here use the ch-pedals to it, but i also think simpeds are just harder to get outside of Europe so i wanna know which pedals i should take and pro and contra to those pedals!
thx in advance!
Maverick

Tully__
10-16-2004, 11:13 PM
I've not used either but the hardcore cockpit builders on the east side of the Atlantic seem to like the Simped items better. I understand they cost rather a lot more though.

Bearcat99
10-16-2004, 11:24 PM
I use CH pedals.. but I hear the simpeds are very good.

F16_Fatboy
10-17-2004, 01:52 AM
I use Simped for my Cougar. As far as I know you can€t use the option to program curves etc if you use the CH. Also the movement is different; the CH (as far as I can see on the homepage) is like car pedals whereas the Simped pivots around the centre and moves like the pedals in an airplane. One goes back and one goes forward. They ship worldwide and its one of the few hardware items that I don€t think about anymore, because it has never given me any trouble.

FLSTF

Edit:You would buy the gamport- and not the USB-version if you buy Simped.

Simped. (http://home.t-online.de/home/d-hofmann/homeeng.htm)

Tully__
10-17-2004, 02:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F16_Fatboy:
You would buy the gamport- and not the USB-version if you buy Simped. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why the gameport version? Is there a problem with the USB Simpeds?

By the way, the CH Pro Pedals move the same way as the Simped (but on a narrower pivot). They look like they move like car pedals because they also have a rocker motion on each pedal for toe brakes (total of 3 axes, rudder & two brakes).

Ketalar
10-17-2004, 03:39 AM
Tully__:
You'd want the gameport Simped if you use a Cougar. The Cougar's got a gameport (on the throttle base?) that allows you to connect the pedals directly to it and configure all units as one in the profile. Rather nice, since the computer sees it as one controller.

I use the CH Pro Pedals (with a MS FFB2) and I have never regretted the buy. I get much better control over small rudder movements, and I don't lose my aim in a dogfight due to "stick-twist" anymore. I don't know if the Simpeds have toebrakes, but I use my right toebrake as wheel brake in FB, and they automatically work as differential brakes in MS FS2002/2004.

If you've got the money to spend go get pedals, I'm sure whatever brand you get you'll be happy.

baddshot
10-17-2004, 08:08 AM
Simps r good - have a friend with CH - Simps stronger and pedals r wider apart - no pots 2 wear out - have had mine 1yr usb port no problems - did not have a prob ordering then from europe

Maverick--GER--
10-17-2004, 08:13 AM
first off thx for all your responses!
yeah for sure i would take gameport version so i can plug it in the Stick part of my cougar!
Simpeds have no toebreak except i saw today there is a modification that would cost 98 bucks extra to get a toebreak in there! I would not want that hehe. but i use a switch on my throttlepart as wheelbreak!
but you guys really dont make it easier for me to decide hehe. The movement of the ch looked completely different to me too!
Also it would help if someone experienced any problems with the cougar/ch combo or with the cougar/simped combo.
And again i really appreciate your help!!!

The-Good-Guy
10-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Simped here.

They're wide with good movement. Highly recommended.

Ordering them was a bit of a pain. Maybe there's an English ordering page now.

Maverick--GER--
10-17-2004, 09:51 AM
well i am german so that should not be a problem hehe!

BuzzU
10-17-2004, 10:21 AM
I've had both, and I see little difference in performance. If you get the game port CH pedals they work fine with a Cougar. All the programming works as it should, The rumor started about CH not working with the Cougar as it should, because guys were trying to use the USB CH pedals. You will lose some programming options if you do that. As for the action. The both work the same, except the CH has toe brakes too, and that's why some guys use them for car race sims too. They just use the toe brakes, and lock the sliding action. I'm sure that's how the rumor got started about them working like car pedals. Be care of rumors. They're usually started by the clueless.

TX-Bomblast
10-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Can simped pedals be used with CH stick and throttle(usb)?

TX-Bomblast

WTE_Galway
10-17-2004, 06:18 PM
i use the CH pedals and map one of the brake pedals to the IL2 brake access

never found a sensible use for the other pedal as IL2 only maps one brake axis http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maverick--GER--
10-18-2004, 08:51 AM
TX-Bomblast there is definately a usb version of simpeds!
but to be sure just go on that page and ask by email for more detailed information
http://home.t-online.de/home/d-hofmann/homeeng.htm

FuZzAcHick
10-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Hey i need help lolz not on a game well kinda how the heck do you contact ubi?

IIIJG53_Crinius
10-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Also ich hab die SimPed F16+ an meinem Cougar. Die sind echt Spitze. Mit Toebreaks. Kosten zwar 270,- cken sinds aber auf jeden falls wert.

Philipscdrw
10-18-2004, 08:38 PM
¯ ¸Ñ¿олÑŒзую ¿µ´?л¸ ¿оÑ€Ñ"? ¸³Ñ€Ñ" ¿Ñ€о´ÑƒºÑ"о² ch с Ñ...омуÑ"ом usb ¸ ¸³Ñ€? ´Ñƒм?µÑ" Ñ"Ñ"о ¿µ´?л¸ бу´ÑƒÑ" ³л?²нÑ"м Ñ€µ³ÑƒляÑ"оÑ€ом. *Ñ"о осÑ"?н?²л¸²?µÑ" мµня оÑ" º?л¸бÑ€¸Ñ€о²?Ñ"ÑŒ ось Ñ...омуÑ"? ² ¸³Ñ€µ.

-----------------------------------------
Philipsº´Ñ¸
"Nietzsche мµÑ€Ñ"²о" - бо³
"Ñ"о?" - уÑ"но

WTE_Galway
10-18-2004, 09:45 PM
just a note on the CH Pro reliability

the "pots" seem fine i have never had to replace one

there is a VERY minor problem with the fine wires runing up to the brake axis occasionaly snagging and snapping but this very rarely occurs and even if it does is very simply fixed with a soldering iron and insulation tape, any electrical shop can repair it a few seconds

Tully__
10-20-2004, 04:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ketalar:
_Tully__:_
You'd want the gameport Simped if you use a Cougar. The Cougar's got a gameport (on the throttle base?) that allows you to connect the pedals directly to it... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oops, I keep forgetting that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Zen_Fighter
10-20-2004, 04:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TX-Bomblast:
Can simped pedals be used with CH stick and throttle(usb)?

TX-Bomblast <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I have with absolutely no problem.
Note that I have the USB simped and of course i works excellent.

S!

BM357_TinMan
10-20-2004, 05:17 AM
cha ching ... my .02

Don't know anything about the simps, but have used the CH for over 4 years. The toe breaks are nice especially for sims like fs2k4 and hopefully later versions of 1C maddox sims.

As for movement, they DO slide like rudder pedals should. They can be locked for driving games if that is wanted.

The only problem with the things is the toe break wire can and does get caught from time to time and snaps. Then you have to take the things apart and fix the wire. Not a big deal really, but can be kind of aggravating. I've had to do it three or four times in 4+ years, but the pedals still work just fine, so aside from the stupid wire, the things are durable atleast.