PDA

View Full Version : Tail Hooks of USN/USMC planes: Why can't I get mine to drop

sewa-rat
08-23-2009, 09:26 PM
I've been playing IL2 in all it's forms and variations for the last 5-6 years. Sometimes when playing USN/USMC pilots flying F6F and F4U planes, I can't make my tail hook drop before landing on a carrier. At the start of each new campaign I go into the Controls panel and map my keyboard so that Cntrl-H drops the tail hook.....Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone have some insight on this problem? BTW, I LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEE this game.

sewa-rat
08-23-2009, 09:26 PM
I've been playing IL2 in all it's forms and variations for the last 5-6 years. Sometimes when playing USN/USMC pilots flying F6F and F4U planes, I can't make my tail hook drop before landing on a carrier. At the start of each new campaign I go into the Controls panel and map my keyboard so that Cntrl-H drops the tail hook.....Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone have some insight on this problem? BTW, I LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEE this game.

Thekid321
08-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Umm... to be quite honest I dont know what to tell ya. I know that on the corsair you have to drop the gears in order to have the hook drop. That might be it? But I dont really know what else. sorry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Wildnoob
08-23-2009, 09:40 PM
hello sewa-rat!

ok, it's just a non sense try, I'm almost sleeping in front of the computer, but are you always mapping a key combination for that?

try with just a single one, I just use one and don't have any issues.

tomorrow I gonna come back and test that with mine and post the result for you.

R_Target
08-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Go into the "Controls" section of the game menu and map a key to "Toggle Tail Hook".

RPMcMurphy
08-23-2009, 11:02 PM
My Corsair control for tailhook has been set as "H" for probly five years now and I have never had it not drop unless I forgot about it.
But I have never bothered to check if there is a tail-hook-position indidicator however btw.

I deck crewman would give you the wave-off if that was the case I bet.
If tailhook not down I mean. IRL

na85
08-24-2009, 12:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sewa-rat:
I've been playing IL2 in all it's forms and variations for the last 5-6 years. Sometimes when playing USN/USMC pilots flying F6F and F4U planes, I can't make my tail hook drop before landing on a carrier. At the start of each new campaign I go into the Controls panel and map my keyboard so that Cntrl-H drops the tail hook.....Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone have some insight on this problem? BTW, I LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEE this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a problem where sometimes, certain keys on my keyboard get "stuck"

By this I don't mean that the button is physically pressed, but that il2 thinks it is. For instance, sometimes if I press F2, it thinks CTRL is being pressed as well and gives me an enemy external view, instead of an external view of my plane. Once I had it such that if I pressed shift, it would also press 4, and as a result my prop pitch kept getting resent to 90%.

Try mashing all your ALTs, CTRLs, and SHIFTs and stuff and then trying CTRL H again.

Or, try binding it to just H and see if you still get the problem.

doraemil
08-24-2009, 01:42 AM
doesn't your landing gear have to be down for the tail hook to drop?

Cntrl + T or T works or Shift + T single or multikey should work for tail hook

The only one that doesn't work is ALT + TAB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

Gammelpreusse
08-24-2009, 01:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sewa-rat:
I've been playing IL2 in all it's forms and variations for the last 5-6 years. Sometimes when playing USN/USMC pilots flying F6F and F4U planes, I can't make my tail hook drop before landing on a carrier. At the start of each new campaign I go into the Controls panel and map my keyboard so that Cntrl-H drops the tail hook.....Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone have some insight on this problem? BTW, I LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEE this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What strikes me as odd here is that you have to remap the keys at the start of each campaign. That should not be nessecary. Either it works, or it does not.

You may want to check if your settings.ini in the USERS/Name folder is set to "read only".

btw. welcome to this forum

DKoor
08-24-2009, 04:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gammelpreusse:

What strikes me as odd here is that you have to remap the keys at the start of each campaign. That should not be nessecary. Either it works, or it does not.

You may want to check if your settings.ini in the USERS/Name folder is set to "read only".

btw. welcome to this forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It is probably because he makes a new character every time he starts a new campaign.
It is on default that game makes default key mapping every time we start a new char.

sewa-rat
08-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks to all of you for responding. The problem had to do with the order in which I lowered the landing gear and tail hook when flying a Corsair. The gear has to be lowered first. Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my question. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pigeon_
08-28-2009, 09:28 AM
It's not always necessarry to drop the gear first. You can override this by pressing CTRL+E.

major_setback
08-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Don't worry, mine didn't drop until I was 16.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif