PDA

View Full Version : My wacky idea behind the story.

Shadowcancer55
03-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Let's just say they find some way to obtain some of Altair DNA, read through all the memories, and then possibly either try to recreat Altair, or some own personal clones of him and try to bring back the whole group? Which in tern would lead to the future missions, or present I should say that would be in the 2nd and 3rd?

I'm going out on a limb here... :/

Shadowcancer55
03-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Let's just say they find some way to obtain some of Altair DNA, read through all the memories, and then possibly either try to recreat Altair, or some own personal clones of him and try to bring back the whole group? Which in tern would lead to the future missions, or present I should say that would be in the 2nd and 3rd?

I'm going out on a limb here... :/

Illuminatus_85
03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
i dont think so http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Shadowcancer55
03-15-2007, 03:10 PM
but it makes soo much sense/10

RetiredHatch
03-15-2007, 03:38 PM
but it makes no sense at all...

noobfun
03-15-2007, 04:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RetiredHatch:
but it makes no sense at all... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
they are reading the memories of one of his ancestors ..... not altair

RetiredHatch
03-15-2007, 07:48 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif exactly

zoozilla
03-15-2007, 07:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shadowcancer55:

I'm going out on a limb here... :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interestingly, this idea kind of sounds like Jurassic Park...

noobfun
03-16-2007, 02:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zoozilla:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shadowcancer55:

Interestingly, this idea kind of sounds like Jurassic Park... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol assassins park i love it

MDS_Geist
03-19-2007, 05:06 PM

This of course presupposes that DNA contains memories... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

noobfun
03-19-2007, 07:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MDS_Geist:

This of course presupposes that DNA contains memories... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kinda its ... the idea behind the game without that ... there isnt really a story line

MDS_Geist
03-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Good gameplay can get around a weak story line http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But it is nice to have a coherent and internally consistent story.

noobfun
03-20-2007, 11:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MDS_Geist:
Good gameplay can get around a weak story line http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But it is nice to have a coherent and internally consistent story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well weve known for years that dna contains a memeory of of sorts

we just refered to it as instinct

small scale experiments have been conducted showing it may go beyond this

flat worms were trained to curl into a ball when alight was shinned on them, the worms were then cut in half and allowed to regenerate (as they do) and the experiments carried out again. the tail end of the flat worms gave the same pavlovian response of curling up under a light as the head ends

a rat was trained to run a maze many many times, it knew the fastest route to the food and always chose that route. riboflavins were taken from it and injected in to a group of test rats, which were then raced against a control group, while the contorl group wondered around taking many wrong turns trying to find the end of the maze the test rats took the same route as the original rat had takenand quickly finished the maze

lots of circumstancial evidence in people as well, transplant patients have taken on aspects of thier donners personalities, including some fears and abilities.

we dont know how it happens why it happens or if actual key memories are passed and in some way are accesable beyond that instinctual level

thats what the research currently bieng carried out is trying to solve

MDS_Geist
03-20-2007, 01:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by noobfun:
Good gameplay can get around a weak story line http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But it is nice to have a coherent and internally consistent story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well weve known for years that dna contains a memeory of of sorts

we just refered to it as instinct

small scale experiments have been conducted showing it may go beyond this

flat worms were trained to curl into a ball when alight was shinned on them, the worms were then cut in half and allowed to regenerate (as they do) and the experiments carried out again. the tail end of the flat worms gave the same pavlovian response of curling up under a light as the head ends

a rat was trained to run a maze many many times, it knew the fastest route to the food and always chose that route. riboflavins were taken from it and injected in to a group of test rats, which were then raced against a control group, while the contorl group wondered around taking many wrong turns trying to find the end of the maze the test rats took the same route as the original rat had takenand quickly finished the maze

lots of circumstancial evidence in people as well, transplant patients have taken on aspects of thier donners personalities, including some fears and abilities.

we dont know how it happens why it happens or if actual key memories are passed and in some way are accesable beyond that instinctual level

thats what the research currently bieng carried out is trying to solve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While circumstantial evidence may be sufficient these days to sentence a man to death, it still isn't enough for scientific study.

"Memory of a sort" is certainly true. But fingernail clippings wouldn't necessarily have enough data to actually clone a fully functional human being with all of the memories of that person. Instinct is a useful starting point, but I assume you're aware of the fact that human instinctual "memories" are very basic and generally evoke a visceral response. However, said response does not necessarily equate to actual memory. All current research indicates that humans do not possess genetic memory, and the information on transplantees is generally spectral evidence.

On another note, "riboflavins?" That's a B vitamin and B complex is often used to stimulate memory. You're saying that they removed B vitamins, which aren't naturally produced in animals (except as being present as a byproduct in the liver) and injected them into another animal? Do you have a source for that, since it makes very little sense to remove a partially assimilated vitamin from one animal and put it in another, much less expect it to carry genetic data.

noobfun
03-20-2007, 01:26 PM
guess it wasnt riboflavins lol im working from memory

the game takes the presupation that actual memories(beyond instinctual) are stored in dna and we have found a way to access them and re-live them

yes most instincts evoke a fight or flight reaction. bieng aware of whats safe and whats dangerous and reacting accordingly

the research is all work in progress we cant prove it and we cant disprove it, its a nice theory though

and everything starts with a theory

i guess we will find out about the finger nails when more research has been done

MDS_Geist
03-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Ah, never saw "Boys From Brazil" did you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The point of an instinct is that it is below the level of conscious knowledge. Consider arachnid reaction.

noobfun
03-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Ah, never saw "Boys From Brazil" did you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The point of an instinct is that it is below the level of conscious knowledge. Consider arachnid reaction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not all arachnids though, jumping spiders have been shown to formulate plans of attack when attacking other larger spiders in their own web, if the way they are advancing is risky they will retreat and traverse to different positions to attempt the strike again, spacial awearness and pre-planning go beyond instinct

they operate below conciousness, that doesnt mean your not conciously aware of the effects, when your threatened your body begins to intake more oxygen and send it to your muscle tissue, resulting in your heart beat quickening to facilitate its transport, adrenalin and other neurochemicals are released, you have no control over this as its instinct but your still aware of it

if you wernt trying to highlight my use of the word aware then, your reply makes little or no sense

MDS_Geist
03-21-2007, 02:12 PM
No, that's not what arachnid reaction is. It is a reaction in human beings, basically a sudden revulsion at being in the presence of something wholly alien. Such as a spider. Few people understand why they feel this way over something that is generally harmless to them and relatively unobtrusive, yet they do.

Being aware of the effect is not the same as having conscious knowledge, much less memory. It is also important to note that it can be trained.

What didn't make sense to you?

noobfun
03-22-2007, 01:05 PM

What didn't make sense to you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope never seen it, probabily why your refferance to a none existant thing leaves me puzzled

arachnid response means nothing more then spider response, hence my above post

i think your reffering to arachnophobia, arachnid phobia, or arachnid fear

fear of something different or alien is covered by xenophobia though its usual usage is compressed to a fear of strangers or those that are different but also applys to fear of none human entities including animals and alien life forms(most species specific phobias have thier own name but are still a form of xenophobia)

from an evoultionary stand point arachnophobia is a useful survival instinct. throught out most of known history dangerous and deadly spider species have existed

instinct isnt context specific so its a tried and tested survival instinct(a spider hasnt killed them yet) that occurs in a none life threatening context

this is one of the things scientists reasearching genetic memory are looking in to, why one person still has such a strong response
and did an interaction with an arachnid bring back the need for this survival instinct and strenghthen its encoding in the genetic line

its also a learned response, up to the age of 3 1/2-4 my niece liked spiders and would happily spend ages playing with them. since then she has been living with her now step farther who is arachnopobic and she has been showing a progressive arachnophobic response

"Being aware of the effect is not the same as having conscious knowledge"

bieng conciously aware is not the same as having conciouse knowledge ...... lol

MDS_Geist
03-22-2007, 01:30 PM
I am not referring to arachnophobia. I am referring to a phenomenon known as "arachnid reaction." The fact that you have never seen it and are not aware of it does not mean it is non-existent. It is an instinct level reaction that is not restricted to spiders. I didn't coin the phrase, and "alien" is used in a deeper sense than xenophobia generally covers - unless you've met martians recently in which case it just may. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It is substantially different than a phobia. Phobias are not instinctual.

It seems you didn't understand the difference between awareness of an effect and having conscious knowledge of what is behind that sensation. Inserting other words to try and make it fit into your preconceived schema doesn't change it.

noobfun
03-22-2007, 03:15 PM
I am not referring to arachnophobia. I am referring to a phenomenon known as "arachnid reaction." The fact that you have never seen it and are not aware of it does not mean it is non-existent.

awareness of an effect and having conscious knowledge of what is behind that sensation. Inserting other words to try and make it fit into your preconceived schema doesn't change it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your absolutley correct lack of proof is not proof of lack ... unless your a scientist arguing a point you dont believe

thats why i grabbed goolge and did a search before i replied, 0 refereances to it ... thats odd for a known phycological reaction

though ill be happy to read any links you can provide other then a filmscript

to be aware of somthing, means that it is in your concious mind, self awerness is a conciouse act, your unconcious mind passes information forward that it feels you can handel or need to be alerted to

the action your body takes is on an unconcious level, once that action has been taken you can then become aware of its effects

phobias are generally a misguided self defences mechanisim (with the exceptions of physiological or drug induced)

it activates the fight or flight instinct mechanism, often inducing panic attacks to attempt to force the person out of the situation

so yes its a missguided instinct but an instinct none the less

MDS_Geist
03-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I learned it in Advanced Psychophysiology at Washington University Medical School. It was both in the textbook and something the lecturer spoke about. Never looked for it on Google, so I can't help you there.