PDA

View Full Version : will mods still work

Slackjaw190
05-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Just got the new patch will mods like the world expansion work with it ?

Slackjaw190
05-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Just got the new patch will mods like the world expansion work with it ?

vois2
05-10-2005, 12:24 PM
A trusted source over at Subsim.com has posted that 95% of v1.3 patch are changes to files within the Data folder.

I would be suspicious of a more comprehensive mod such as the existing World Mod being able to work with the new 1.3 patch. In fact, since there seems to be litigation ongoing between the World Mod designers and Ubi, I would think they (Ubi) made **** sure that the existing World Mod _won't_ work with the new 1.3 patch install.

I'm looking for people to multiplay with v1.3 after a week or so. Please email me (see icon at left) or msg me if interested! Thanks!

Mon Pavion
05-10-2005, 12:46 PM
The world mod causes my game to CTD when I hit Esc. So I would say no, the world mod is not compatible.

RPM502
05-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Real UBoat IS NOT compatible.

spacefrogs
05-10-2005, 12:58 PM
I had to uninstall the World Expansion
Mod to install the patch. After that I got crashes when the save game loaded but after I reinstalled the mod everything was just fine and working.

Slackjaw190
05-10-2005, 01:05 PM
well world expansion seems to work fine for me playing it now. It said it installed successfully and there seems to be alot of traffic about

TheRealWulfmann
05-10-2005, 01:26 PM
What about all the other mods?
I have 2 PCs and keep the game on both. The bigger one I uninstalled and put in fresh but the other I did the 1.3 patch and the only thing I had to replace was the flotilla file mod and one other. But, which of those many mods were addressed in 1.3 and do not have to be reinstalled on a new install?
Since may were touted as being temporary until 1.3 it would be nice to have a clue.
Wulfmann

Mon Pavion
05-10-2005, 02:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RPM502:
Real UBoat IS NOT compatible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can also comfirm that. My above post is wrong. I ment the REAL UBOAT MOD, not the WORLD EXPANSION MOD.

shaggyofwv
05-10-2005, 07:09 PM
The World 2.0 mod did add some nice traffic, but I don't like running into enemy merchant ships right outside of my base when I was based at Wilhemshaven. It does add port traffic to friendly ports, but I have not seen ANY traffic in enemy ports. I sailed into Scapa Flow as well as a couple of other military ports and saw NOTHING.. That is my biggest complaint about this game.. I would LOVE to see a docked battleship or carrier at Scapa Flow.

Mon Pavion
05-10-2005, 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shaggyofwv:
The World 2.0 mod did add some nice traffic, but I don't like running into enemy merchant ships right outside of my base when I was based at Wilhemshaven. It does add port traffic to friendly ports, but I have not seen ANY traffic in enemy ports. I sailed into Scapa Flow as well as a couple of other military ports and saw NOTHING.. That is my biggest complaint about this game.. I would LOVE to see a docked battleship or carrier at Scapa Flow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have found a cruiser sitting at anchor before in scapa

Slackjaw190
05-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Ive been to scarpa twice since i installed it. First time there was a carrier and the second time there were 2 armed merchant cruisers. Got abit greedy and was sunk on my third attempt.