PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the new patch... Your ideas?

Rickustyit
02-11-2006, 08:48 AM
The Tempest, Mosquito and that small japanese plane are great too, very well done guys.

Now on to the Macchi C.20X:

Thank you Oleg. It has been a long time desire to fly them in your game, and finally they're here.
The thing I liked the most about these planes was the sound of the 12,7mm guns. Thank you for having changed that awful sound there was before. Please change them in the other 12,7mm/13mm armed planes too! They're very very cool.

The thing I liked the least about the Macchi C.202/205 is their "instability"... The Macchi C.200 is very stable and a very capable figter.
Strange enough, the C.202, with the same wing and almost same shape is a lot more unstable and it's very very difficult to aim something.
It wobbles up and down like a ship; I have never read someone describing this planes as unstable... Actully it was the contrary, they were considered to be "a joy" to fly, very stable and very "sweet" at the comands...

Also, the gunsight in the C.205 isn't very "centered" when you set your firing position inside the cockpit.
The C.200 cockpit has the 2 position (normal and firing) very similiar and close to each others. Maybe the normal position could be arranged further back like in the other fighters.
The San Giorgio reflection sight is SO big. Was it really like that? How come it's much smaller on the Fiat G.50?

12,7mm Breda SAFAT machine guns: it actually seems there was a tracer every 2 rounds in the belt. Is this correct? It's quite hard to aim, as it seems you're always firing a tracer...
Any expert know if this was true in real life?
The guns seem modeled right though. Not very fast-firing, not high muzzle-velocity and quite efficient in bringing down a fighter.
Probably they're not as powerful as before, but I believe this is more correct and realistic.

Do some of you feel the same about my comments? Especially wobbles, do you have them in the C.202 and in the C.205?

Speed characteristics seems ok and real at a first glance.

Their cockpits are awesome, but please where is the fuel gauge in the C.200 and in the C.205?
Also, wasn't the C.200 equipped with an ammo counter like the C.202?

Cheers,
Rick

Rickustyit
02-11-2006, 08:48 AM
The Tempest, Mosquito and that small japanese plane are great too, very well done guys.

Now on to the Macchi C.20X:

Thank you Oleg. It has been a long time desire to fly them in your game, and finally they're here.
The thing I liked the most about these planes was the sound of the 12,7mm guns. Thank you for having changed that awful sound there was before. Please change them in the other 12,7mm/13mm armed planes too! They're very very cool.

The thing I liked the least about the Macchi C.202/205 is their "instability"... The Macchi C.200 is very stable and a very capable figter.
Strange enough, the C.202, with the same wing and almost same shape is a lot more unstable and it's very very difficult to aim something.
It wobbles up and down like a ship; I have never read someone describing this planes as unstable... Actully it was the contrary, they were considered to be "a joy" to fly, very stable and very "sweet" at the comands...

Also, the gunsight in the C.205 isn't very "centered" when you set your firing position inside the cockpit.
The C.200 cockpit has the 2 position (normal and firing) very similiar and close to each others. Maybe the normal position could be arranged further back like in the other fighters.
The San Giorgio reflection sight is SO big. Was it really like that? How come it's much smaller on the Fiat G.50?

12,7mm Breda SAFAT machine guns: it actually seems there was a tracer every 2 rounds in the belt. Is this correct? It's quite hard to aim, as it seems you're always firing a tracer...
Any expert know if this was true in real life?
The guns seem modeled right though. Not very fast-firing, not high muzzle-velocity and quite efficient in bringing down a fighter.
Probably they're not as powerful as before, but I believe this is more correct and realistic.

Do some of you feel the same about my comments? Especially wobbles, do you have them in the C.202 and in the C.205?

Speed characteristics seems ok and real at a first glance.

Their cockpits are awesome, but please where is the fuel gauge in the C.200 and in the C.205?
Also, wasn't the C.200 equipped with an ammo counter like the C.202?

Cheers,
Rick

EJGrOst_Caspar
02-11-2006, 10:36 AM
The fuel counter in Mc.200 is on the righ lower side near the pilots leg. Its a gauge with a red arrow.

It had no ammo counter - at least not the plane that we used as reference.

The San Giorgio reticle is wrong/too small in G.50 and Cr.42. At least I am not completly sure about this new size (but its more to real at least).

About whobbles.. yes... it feels like a Spitfire.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

VF-29_Sandman
02-11-2006, 02:51 PM
try reducing ur sensitivies down just a tad, and u'd be surprized how it could help. doesnt take all that much really; at most, maybe 10% reduction in the rudder, and possibly the elevator. seems that its most likely in the rudder area in the wobble dept.

Rickustyit
02-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Sandman, thank you, I did that and it's a bit less unstble now, but still quite hard to aim something. The worst part is when you move the joystick with a little correction to left or right. The plane takes a lot to realign to the path...

Thank you Caspar, you did a great job on the cockpit, they're among the best in the game!
I came accross this picture of a Cr.42. You can see the reflection sight quite clearly. The reticles seems quite small.
Unfortunately that's the only picture I have of the San Giorgio sight.
This Fiat is a restored aircraft put on display at the "Vigna di Valle" museum near Rome.
Do you have other pictures of San Giorgio reflection sights?

http://www.ottocubano.com/images/CR%2042/DSC08680.jpg

Cheers,
Rick

HotelBushranger
02-12-2006, 06:58 AM
I've found the longer you fly the MC's, the less problems they seem to have, with things like wobbles n stuff. Wierd huh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

WWMaxGunz
02-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Try co****ning your pitch and slowing the prop to reduce torque effects. All planes.