HD RoLoS v
08-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Is the 100% sync in Revelations?. Sorry if this has already been asked

HD RoLoS v
08-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Is the 100% sync in Revelations?. Sorry if this has already been asked

GariStz
08-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Well, nothing is officially confirmed yet (from what I know), but I guess it probably is. I just hope that they will put more thought and logic into it, while also not reduce our freedom that much...

HD RoLoS v
08-02-2011, 07:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GariStz:
Well, nothing is officially confirmed yet (from what I know), but I guess it probably is. I just hope that they will put more thought and logic into it, while also not reduce our freedom that much... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better not be i hated it

twenty_glyphs
08-02-2011, 08:19 AM
It hasn't been mentioned anywhere at all in any of the information to come out so far. They were originally working on the system for AC2, but had to pull it out along with the ability to replay story missions near the very end of development. So I would think they have some investment in the idea and will be looking to use it in some way.

I liked that it gave you some motivation to replay missions, but it really needed to be more fun. Instead of "don't lose more than 5 health squares" it should have encouraged you to do fun/different/unique challenges that weren't ridiculously frustrating, like say, not taking any damage in a hard-to-control tank after rushing through ten minutes of mission just to get to that point...

I also think they need to address the big "FAIL" message that pops up on your screen, which is really annoying the first time you play a mission. My solution is to not show you what the Full Synch requirement is until you've finished the mission once. If you happened to fulfill the requirement, it shows that you got 100%, but otherwise it shows 50% and tells you what the requirement is. That also makes more sense to me, since how would they know what Ezio really did before you ever play the memory? If the Animus knew that, what's the point of playing through everything just to see what happened in the end?

GariStz
08-02-2011, 08:21 AM
It's purely optional like almost every other thing in the game, but the text "YOU FAIL (...also, you don't have any friends and you're adopted...)" on the screen is bringing that high feel of un-satisfaction after "completing" each mission and that got a lot of negative feedback from the community...

Edit:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I also think they need to address the big "FAIL" message that pops up on your screen, which is really annoying the first time you play a mission. My solution is to not show you what the Full Synch requirement is until you've finished the mission once. If you happened to fulfill the requirement, it shows that you got 100%, but otherwise it shows 50% and tells you what the requirement is. That also makes more sense to me, since how would they know what Ezio really did before you ever play the memory? If the Animus knew that, what's the point of playing through everything just to see what happened in the end? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you have very big point there, the developers may want to check this...

MacDaddyMcC
08-02-2011, 10:16 AM
I really hope its not in the game tbh. It just created way more frustration then needed. I never got mad at all in Assasins Creed 1 or 2. With the full sync every time I didnt 100% a mission I flipped out. I dont really see the need to bring it back, it didnt add anything imo.

LightRey
08-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't really care that much. I didn't mind it much, except for the fact that if you failed, you needed to start over the entire memory. If they just change that then I'll be fine with it being in ACR.

Brandonmac10
08-02-2011, 03:45 PM
In my last playthrough I went for 100% sync in every mission including side missions. The only mission I didn't get is the Tank mission. How can you not get hit in that thing!

LightRey
08-02-2011, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandonmac10:
In my last playthrough I went for 100% sync in every mission including side missions. The only mission I didn't get is the Tank mission. How can you not get hit in that thing! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Keep driving in a circular path around the other tank.

Moultonborough
08-02-2011, 04:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandonmac10:
In my last playthrough I went for 100% sync in every mission including side missions. The only mission I didn't get is the Tank mission. How can you not get hit in that thing! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I made it until the two tanks at the end gang up on you. The only other one I can't do is the Romulus Tomb that is like an underground maze with the fight at the end. Can't remember the name though. Now as to the synch in Revelations. While i enjoyed it in Brotherhood I don't want to see it again. It was just too restrictive but also the requirements were so simple that you got it completed without any need to plan. While it was cool once it's time for it to go away.

Calvarok
08-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't think it should show up as a dissapointing sound, or "you failed". Just show the percentage.

LightRey
08-02-2011, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:

I made it until the two tanks at the end gang up on you. The only other one I can't do is the Romulus Tomb that is like an underground maze with the fight at the end. Can't remember the name though. Now as to the synch in Revelations. While i enjoyed it in Brotherhood I don't want to see it again. It was just too restrictive but also the requirements were so simple that you got it completed without any need to plan. While it was cool once it's time for it to go away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can destroy the first tank before the second one attacks you.

kriegerdesgottes
08-02-2011, 04:23 PM
I didn't like it and I could certainly live without it but the one thing I really really hope they fix is making you start all over again FROM THE BEGINNING for being caught and forcing you to be stealthy. I hated that about Brotherhood, it was soo stupid. It took away the whole point of the AC games which is allowing a player to engage a mission however he/she wants. You should be able to choose whether you want to climb over, sneak past, or utterly destroy the guards without FAILING the mission for doing it your way. Absolutely ridiculous that they took that out of Brotherhood. Like someone else said the 100% synch thing was kind of stupid but the worse thing was seeing YOU FAILED in big red letters when you don't make it in 8 minutes oh and p.s. Ubisoft I HATE TIME LIMITS!!.

LightRey
08-02-2011, 04:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I didn't like it and I could certainly live without it but the one thing I really really hope they fix is making you start all over again FROM THE BEGINNING for being caught and forcing you to be stealthy. I hated that about Brotherhood, it was soo stupid. It took away the whole point of the AC games which is allowing a player to engage a mission however he/she wants. You should be able to choose whether you want to climb over, sneak past, or utterly destroy the guards without FAILING the mission for doing it your way. Absolutely ridiculous that they took that out of Brotherhood. Like someone else said the 100% synch thing was kind of stupid but the worse thing was seeing YOU FAILED in big red letters when you don't make it in 8 minutes oh and p.s. Ubisoft I HATE TIME LIMITS!!. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I hate time limits too. Mostly because I hate stress I think.

twenty_glyphs
08-02-2011, 04:37 PM
I can't remember if there were any missions you failed in AC2 for getting detected. Were any of the follow/tail missions this way? I just can't remember what happened if someone detected you fully. It is incredibly annoying how many missions there are in Brotherhood that are immediate de-synchs if you get detected. It's a fun challenge to try to not get detected, but sometimes even when you're good it can happen in an instant. They need to be better about encouraging and rewarding you for not getting detected, not making it a mission requirement. The other half of the system is hiding again to become undetected, so I don't know why they couldn't make missions where you had to be undetected to progress in certain spots instead of making them instant fails. Those missions are not fun.

SixKeys
08-02-2011, 05:50 PM
There were a few missions in AC2 where detection would cause an instant desync. Sneaking into the Pope's palace in the final level is one that comes to mind, as well as the boat mission in the "Bonfire of Vanieties" DLC (maybe other missions in that DLC too, I only remember the boat one because I failed so many times :P ). I can only recall one follow/tail mission off the top of my head where you have to follow Rodrigo while he talks with his fellow Templars. I'm pretty sure if you get caught it's an instant desync, although there may be checkpoints along the way. Brotherhood probably had more of them, though.

I didn't mind the 100% sync in Brotherhood, so I don't really care if they bring it back in Revelations (which they most likely will). Although I have noticed that while achieving 100% on each mission adds an extra challenge to the gameplay, it also makes me less likely to want to play through the game again. In AC1, you had more freedom to do the missions differently every time, that's why it's fun to go back to. In AC2, there was no replay option for each segment, which was annoying. At the same time, it's an incentive for me to go back to replay the game from the beginning whenever I remember a cool scene from the game and want to do it again. In Brotherhood? I can replay any memory, even the smallest ones (races, beat-up missions etc.) any time I want. With the more difficult sequences, where it takes me many tries to get 100%, when I finally achieve it, I'm so sick of that memory I no longer have any desire to play through it again.

So I don't know what a happy medium would be. I like being able to replay memories, I like additional challenges that encourage me to try a different approach, but I also don't like having to repeat certain memories until I never want to play them again. That's not what I call replay value.