PDA

View Full Version : if no more Gore setting, how about 'slumped' pilot/crews?

triad773
01-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Oleg and 1C crew: I understand that IL-2 originally had a Gore setting in the config.ini where one could turn on graphics for blood, etc. After seeing a couple of topics in the General Discussion area and hearing about previous attempts to have it re-instated, I think it'd be a great compromise to show disabled or dead pilots and crew as slumped in thier chairs.

In this manner, the ineffectual nature of an aircraft can be ascertained visually. This would add to the immersion factor, satisfying most, while not being offensive or innapropriate to the kiddies or other sensitive individuals.

How about it?

Cheers!

Triad

triad773
01-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Oleg and 1C crew: I understand that IL-2 originally had a Gore setting in the config.ini where one could turn on graphics for blood, etc. After seeing a couple of topics in the General Discussion area and hearing about previous attempts to have it re-instated, I think it'd be a great compromise to show disabled or dead pilots and crew as slumped in thier chairs.

In this manner, the ineffectual nature of an aircraft can be ascertained visually. This would add to the immersion factor, satisfying most, while not being offensive or innapropriate to the kiddies or other sensitive individuals.

How about it?

Cheers!

Triad

SeaFireLIV
01-20-2006, 10:26 AM
I support this brave chap`s idea wholeheartedly. All pilot`s should be slumped or head down if dead or unconscous.

crazyivan1970
01-20-2006, 11:53 AM
I might sound harsh... but alot of people cannot tell the difference between Spitfire and BF109 without icons... and you think that hanging bodies, covered with blood in the cockpit will add immersion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. All those things are good for screenshots IMO, nothing else.

I am not flaming you, by all means. Just making a point http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KOM.Nausicaa
01-20-2006, 01:28 PM
mmmh....but that exists. I saw hanging bodies in a Heinckel some time ago in a campaign mission, after an interception of Pe2's.
Dam shame I didn't think of making a screenshot.

slo123
01-20-2006, 02:51 PM
im for the addition of slumping crew and also would like to see my copilot if there is one

|CoB|_Spectre
01-20-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why we need obviously dead aircrew bodies when it's not a certainty they can be killed in the first place! I've poured streams of MG and cannon rounds into planes like the Betty and B-17, watched sparkling impacts all over the rear gunner's position from near-collision distances, yet the gunner's fire goes on unabated.

For the sake of argument, I do believe a gunner slumped over his gun would better communicate his incapacity (along with not shooting, of course) and matches pilot accounts I've read in numerous books.

MonkeyHero
01-20-2006, 04:44 PM
The gunners/bombadiers do slump over their guns if you kill them. I shot down an He-111 earlier and when I watched the recording you could definitely see that they were dead. Of course there's no way to actually see this while playing, unless you wanted to fly in very close formation with your target.

marc_hawkins
01-20-2006, 05:08 PM
But the slumping ONLY happens on a few aircraft, and of those they are the hangovers from the original IL2. What i think the people want is it to happen in all current aircraft.

While yes the limitations of such a feature are apparent in full real etc. There are those who would get a kick out of this. I know i do pause or put on auto pilot my plane to see what else is going on, and i have to say such little details as people running from trucks, and indeed the slumped over crew, make immersion much better for me.

Whatever the pros and cons here there is something Poignant in watching a HE111 with dead crew Slowly drift to earth after you've filled it with lead.....

vonStahlhelm
01-20-2006, 05:55 PM
in the old il2 i fly with gore settings enabled.
if you are in a close combat situation you can see the cockpit of your opponent splattered with blood, when you hit it - so now you know he is dead and you can go to the next opponent without firing useless rounds in the airplane in front of you.
the same with reargunners - but they are much to strong!! i dont think that any reargunner in real life had such an accuracy and survive in a reargunner position that had so many holes like swiss cheese....