PDA

View Full Version : Problem Installing Game

Scope33
12-27-2007, 11:24 PM
I had no problem installing this game on my laptop. I bought a copy for my Dad for Christmas as well but for some reason his comp CD ROM drive does not read the software. His computer has all of the requirements. I brought the software home to my house and noticed his copy could not be read by my desktop (also has the specs needed to run the program) but it was read by my laptop. Does this have something to do with the technology to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc drives? My drive is a Sony ... not sure what my Dad has but it came with his Dell.

Scope33
12-27-2007, 11:24 PM
I had no problem installing this game on my laptop. I bought a copy for my Dad for Christmas as well but for some reason his comp CD ROM drive does not read the software. His computer has all of the requirements. I brought the software home to my house and noticed his copy could not be read by my desktop (also has the specs needed to run the program) but it was read by my laptop. Does this have something to do with the technology to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc drives? My drive is a Sony ... not sure what my Dad has but it came with his Dell.

KHollister
12-28-2007, 08:57 AM
It sounds like that may be the problem... however, if you haven't done so already, check to ensure you have the latest drivers.

Virtual drive software could also be a culprit in this, too...

CrUeL_KNIGHTS
12-28-2007, 09:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KHollister:
It sounds like that may be the problem... however, if you haven't done so already, check to ensure you have the latest drivers.

Virtual drive software could also be a culprit in this, too... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although Khollister says to update latest virtual drivers. It's not always helpful. Sometimes it can be a defective CD ROM/DVD ROM Hardware.
I had this problem a year ago with Pro Evolution Soccer 6 and only with that game it couldn't read the CD and I had to remove from the tray and insert several times for it to finally recognize and read the CD ROM the game ran perfectly well though afterwards. But luckily since my Packard Bell PC which was on Guaranteed period I changed the CD/DVD ROM Hardware and changed it with a new one. Since then I had no trouble with reading the CD/DVD rom disk.
You can try inserting and removing from your CD ROM/DVD ROM tray several times and put and try and see if the problem is fixed.
If KHollisters suggestion still doesn't fix your problem try changing it with a new one if the PC is still on warranty period.
No it does not have technology to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc drives? I have my Chessmaster CD rom installed on both of my PCs and laptop with no problems and I have experimented this with many other PC games.

I hope my suggestions are helpful.

boboan
12-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Isn't the drive only CD-ROM?

CrUeL_KNIGHTS
12-29-2007, 08:26 PM
No, the drive is a DVD rom too, well some cheap drivers may probably have only CD ROM, but most good PCs have the DVD driver too. Look at many top games in the market such as FIFA 08 it will say DVD ROM in the top left corner of the cover. It will say only DVD compatible.

If there was no DVD driver how do you explain that we manage to watch DVD movies through our PCs?!?!?!?!