PDA

View Full Version : Ask the devs - New

BS PALADIN
08-19-2010, 05:38 AM
My site has gotten the chance to ask the Assassins Creed Brotherhood developers some questions. But we want your input to help us ask the right questions. So if you have something you want to ask them about the game head over to Play2Compete (http://www.play2compete.com/forums/showthread.php?1229-Assasins-Creed-Brotherhood-Ask-the-Developers&p=10240#post10240) and post your question.

BS PALADIN
08-19-2010, 05:38 AM
My site has gotten the chance to ask the Assassins Creed Brotherhood developers some questions. But we want your input to help us ask the right questions. So if you have something you want to ask them about the game head over to Play2Compete (http://www.play2compete.com/forums/showthread.php?1229-Assasins-Creed-Brotherhood-Ask-the-Developers&p=10240#post10240) and post your question.

Ru1986
08-19-2010, 05:43 AM
Good idea will do thanks.

AMuppetMatt
08-19-2010, 05:58 AM
Yeah... I've got a question you can ask on my behalf.

Who's half brained dim-witted idea was it to make the combat aspect even easier than in AC2? I've played the game through at least 6 times and have yet to die from combat. Now you're adding a mini-glider to break Ezio's fall... tell me, is there ANY way to possibly die on this game?

Murcuseo
08-19-2010, 06:43 AM
I think the idea behind this is for him to get more traffic onto his forum. I always have a cynical outlook on these things though lol

BS PALADIN
08-19-2010, 06:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
I think the idea behind this is for him to get more traffic onto his forum. I always have a cynical outlook on these things though lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it is to get more traffic to my site. But the Q&A is legit. We've just posted a HAWX 2 Q&A done in the exact same way. You ask the questions and we send them on.

AMuppetMatt
08-19-2010, 07:24 AM
My point was to highlight the idea that the Devs are idiots... I'm not questioning the idea of him wanting more people on his forum. I would do it myself, but it's not like me to register on pointless gaming forums and then spend all day posting on them... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Murcuseo
08-19-2010, 07:31 AM
I'd rather not sign up to a forum I'm only going to visit once to ask a question that in all likelyhood won't get answered.

Now, If' you're willing to take questions from this forum and ask them then link to the interview once it's done I'm more than willing to supply some questions.

Or is that not how it works?

BS PALADIN
08-19-2010, 09:23 AM
I dont mind tbh. If people are gona join my site i rather they did it because they want to. Anyway post your questions here if you want and we'll pick the best ones.

Murcuseo
08-19-2010, 09:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PALADIN_BS:
I dont mind tbh. If people are gona join my site i rather they did it because they want to. Anyway post your questions here if you want and we'll pick the best ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, you're a reasonable chap http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Here's a few to start with, I'll add more when I think of them...

Q1: Is there going to be a Notiriety System in AC:B, if so what improvements and changes have been made?

Q2: How did the developers manage to get round the customizations issues they were having with the Memory/Mission replay system in ACII?

Q3: With the completionists in mind, what has been added to the game world that will encourage the user to roam and explore? Are there more feathers and chests or are we going to see something completely new?

Q4: With the return of Tombs in AC:B, can you give us any clues as to what rewards and encentives there will be within the Tombs and will they be more challenging?

That's all I have for now. Is there a deadline for submitting questions?

RobL92123
08-19-2010, 10:11 AM
My question is will the 2 single player maps and 2 multiplayer characters be made available for download as DLC eventually, as the extra Templar maps from AC2 were?

AMuppetMatt
08-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Yeah, if you COULD ask my question (maybe in a not quite so upfront version as I originally stated) that would be great.

I really want to know if this game is even going to be remotely hard http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

thekyle0
08-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Thank you for accepting questions from here.

First, I'd like to second the question about notoriety.

Second, what other ways have the devs thought of for the recruitment of Brotherhood members? So far the only one described is that Ezio saves the to-be-trainee from harassing guards.

Murcuseo
08-19-2010, 12:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:

Second, what other ways have the devs thought of for the recruitment of Brotherhood members? So far the only one described is that Ezio saves the to-be-trainee from harassing guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good question, it made me think of the conversation Ezio has with Lorenzo de' Medici on the bridge in Firenze about Gio saving him from drowning. Hopefully there will be recruitment situations of a similar nature http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

MP question this time.

Q: What are their plans in regards to hosting Multiplayer servers? If there are to be no private servers how are they planning to monitor and control them to stop hacking?

Fairus60
08-19-2010, 02:27 PM
I bet Im going to get flamed after asking this but: Can we expect anything about Altair in ACB, besides his sword?

Murcuseo
08-19-2010, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
I bet Im going to get flamed after asking this but: Can we expect anything about Altair in ACB, besides his sword? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you get flamed for that, it's a valid question lol

KZarr
08-19-2010, 03:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
I bet Im going to get flamed after asking this but: Can we expect anything about Altair in ACB, besides his sword? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I do hope so! AC just isn't the same without him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Yapster11
08-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Q: Are there dedicated servers for multiplayer? If not, is there going to br some sort of host migration system like in modern warfare 2? Because it would get really annoying lagging out because a quarter of the people in the world steal their Internet.

Fairus60
08-19-2010, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

Why would you get flamed for that, it's a valid question lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well yeah, but, you know, there are always this Altair-haters out there... but thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, hope we do have something related to him in ACB, but that┤s topic of another thread jeje

phil.llllll
08-19-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm wondering if Jesper Kyd will be doing the soundtrack again? Or is it mostly remixed tracks from AC2 with maybe one of the guys on the audio team throwing a few new mixes in their?

austin128
08-20-2010, 08:20 AM
I second the Jesper Kyd questions, as well as if the "exclusive" content will be released as DLC, and for how much.

Other questions:
1. Will there be any other character models other than the multiplayer character models in multiplayer?

2. Now that Ezio is a master Assassin, will you still be getting new armor, weapons?

3. What happened to Altair's Armor?

4. In the Gamescon footage it showed the throwing knives with the shortsword? Will we be able to choose not to have this, and other, combinations?

5. How devastating will gun shots be to health?

Ok, I think that's enough for one person.

Thank you!
Will you start with the same amount of health you had at the end of Assassin's Creed 2?

EzioAssassin51
08-20-2010, 04:22 PM
I definately second the Gunshots question!

My own gun question:

Are the guns a one-hit KO or do they just deplete a lot of health?

sw4ggerd4gger
08-21-2010, 10:32 AM
How many multiplayer gamemodes will there be?
Will there be multiplayer free roam?

TG-Raylock
08-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Great if you'd ask this question cause many websites and people are on both sides of the beta date change/addition fence. Can you ask them if its Sept 13th for the NA beta and Oct4th for the UK beta, or was the beta date just changed to Oct 4th?

primerib69
08-21-2010, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
I definately second the Gunshots question!

My own gun question:

Are the guns a one-hit KO or do they just deplete a lot of health? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One-hit. It would be kind of hard to survive a shot from a cross bow point blank range. Even if you had armor. Unless you are Marty McFly.

RipYourSpineOut
08-21-2010, 02:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by austin128:
I second the Jesper Kyd questions, as well as if the "exclusive" content will be released as DLC, and for how much.

Other questions:
1. Will there be any other character models other than the multiplayer character models in multiplayer?

2. Now that Ezio is a master Assassin, will you still be getting new armor, weapons?

4. In the Gamescon footage it showed the throwing knives with the shortsword? Will we be able to choose not to have this, and other, combinations?

Thank you!
Will you start with the same amount of health you had at the end of Assassin's Creed 2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can answer this for you. Most likely, Ezio kept Altair's Armor inside the Villa, as the developers said, he was taking a break from what happened in AC2. Since Borgia's men seemed to have ransacked Monteriggioni, either the armor is lost in the rubble, or possibly, someone found it.

I'd actually like to be able to get it again, but Ezio's new outfit looks great enough to me.

souNdwAve89
08-21-2010, 03:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by austin128:

Other questions:

Thank you!
Will you start with the same amount of health you had at the end of Assassin's Creed 2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can answer this for you. Most likely, Ezio kept Altair's Armor inside the Villa, as the developers said, he was taking a break from what happened in AC2. Since Borgia's men seemed to have ransacked Monteriggioni, either the armor is lost in the rubble, or possibly, someone found it.

I'd actually like to be able to get it again, but Ezio's new outfit looks great enough to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The idea of "losing" Altair's armor is lame. I get it that Ubisoft wanted us to have a fresh start since having Altair's armor in the beginning of Brotherhood would be too easy. I wish they would have created a back story on how Ezio is not using the armor. Like maybe he wants to have his own armor. I mean, his father had his own outfit and so did Altair. So maybe Ezio wanted his own distinct armor.

EzioAssassin51
08-27-2010, 12:14 AM
Sorry to bump but if this is still on...

Will we be able to do assassination Contracts in Rome with and without our Brotherhood? Or is the Brotherhood the only ones who can do contracts?

Xanatos2007
08-27-2010, 03:35 AM
Will Jesper Kyd be composing more music?

What's your excuse for delaying the PC version this time? And when is the new (expected) release date?

Is AC:B going to be historically accurate or was that idea hurled out of a 12 storey window?

Will there be any proper stealth gameplay?

Will Patrice be coming back for AC3?

PhiIs1618033
08-27-2010, 05:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Will Jesper Kyd be composing more music?

What's your excuse for delaying the PC version this time? And when is the new (expected) release date?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Have you ever looked at a console game for AC? If you compare Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions of one of the games, you'll notice that the Xbox 360 and PS3 are basically the same, only with other buttons. The PC version, on the other hand, differs a lot. This is why PC gamers get their games later. Also, for Xbox and PS3, there's only one processor and stuff which the game needs to be compatible with. This is also different from PC's.
There's your excuse. Now remember this and don't ask such questions again.

Murcuseo
08-27-2010, 05:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

Have you ever looked at a console game for AC? If you compare Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions of one of the games, you'll notice that the Xbox 360 and PS3 are basically the same, only with other buttons. The PC version, on the other hand, differs a lot. This is why PC gamers get their games later. Also, for Xbox and PS3, there's only one processor and stuff which the game needs to be compatible with. This is also different from PC's.
There's your excuse. Now remember this and don't ask such questions again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please don't state your opinion as fact and try to overrule others point of view. It's a legit question whether you differ in opinion or not.

What you stated there is clearly your opinion, I doubt very much you have all the relevant information to be shooting someone else down so readily.

Also, these opinions are best kept in the relevant topic which is here. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3521000878)

Xanatos2007
08-27-2010, 05:35 AM
I don't think that's a proper excuse anyway; the SC: Conviction PC edition was delayed by only a week. When Ubi delayed AC2 they said it was to improve on the game for PC users but all we got was a shoddy DRM system that didn't do its job.

Murcuseo
08-27-2010, 05:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I don't think that's a proper excuse anyway; the SC: Conviction PC edition was delayed by only a week. When Ubi delayed AC2 they said it was to improve on the game for PC users but all we got was a shoddy DRM system that didn't do its job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arg, stop derailing the damn topic yall!!

DarkAutocon
08-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Didn't it show Altair's Armour being destroyed by a canon ball in the Monteriggioni Footage?

And my question is: What new Free running elements have been added to Brotherhood? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

souNdwAve89
08-27-2010, 01:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darkautocon:
Didn't it show Altair's Armour being destroyed by a canon ball in the Monteriggioni Footage?

And my question is: What new Free running elements have been added to Brotherhood? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it was destroyed, sadly... The only new thing for free running that we've seen is that Ezio can now do back flips when he swings on a bar. I think it looks silly to be honest. It is easily passable if that was in AC2 because Ezio was young from the start of the game. He is now 40 years old and he does back flips lol.

DarkAutocon
08-27-2010, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darkautocon:

And my question is: What new Free running elements have been added to Brotherhood? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it was destroyed, sadly... The only new thing for free running that we've seen is that Ezio can now do back flips when he swings on a bar. I think it looks silly to be honest. It is easily passable if that was in AC2 because Ezio was young from the start of the game. He is now 40 years old and he does back flips lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hah, it never occurred to me, watching that video, that it was a 40 year old doing a back flip. :P I know it's all fancy but wouldn't he be slowing himself down doing that sort of stuff and he would also be just a bit dizzy. Very impracticable... But then again, we could say the same about his clothing :P

KCizzll
08-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Difficulty: will there be any?

austin128
08-28-2010, 05:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
Yeah, it was destroyed, sadly... The only new thing for free running that we've seen is that Ezio can now do back flips when he swings on a bar. I think it looks silly to be honest. It is easily passable if that was in AC2 because Ezio was young from the start of the game. He is now 40 years old and he does back flips lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well the room it was in was destroyed, but we don't know if it was. It was supposed to be undestroyable.

windofpepsi
08-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Will playstation move be involved like not a requierment just u can if u bought it

rob.davies2014
08-29-2010, 07:45 PM
I'd like to know why AC:B is an 18, whereas AC2 was a 15?
And will Patrice Desilets b returning to Ubi 4 AC3?

Oatkeeper
08-29-2010, 09:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
Yeah... I've got a question you can ask on my behalf.

Who's half brained dim-witted idea was it to make the combat aspect even easier than in AC2? I've played the game through at least 6 times and have yet to die from combat. Now you're adding a mini-glider to break Ezio's fall... tell me, is there ANY way to possibly die on this game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This... no seriously this needs to be adressed

Xanatos2007
08-30-2010, 02:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
...tell me, is there ANY way to possibly die on this game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It wouldn't surprise me if Elika from PoP 2008 starts following you around.

EzioAssassin51
08-30-2010, 02:22 AM
...tell me, is there ANY way to possibly die on this game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It wouldn't surprise me if Elika from PoP 2008 starts following you around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, this time your have four of her around (pretty much anyway)

villy23
08-30-2010, 02:30 AM
couple of questions-1. will aussies get their own servers like in MW2 (don't shut me down, the online is great on that game for aussies cuz we don't have to deal with [Edit: Swearing removed] americans making us lag) and 2. i saw on gamescom that in the weapons section it went shortblade, schiavona then axe. are there any others avalible?

Deathgrim666
08-30-2010, 02:48 AM
only question i can think of is:

1.Is there another way to get a humiliation kill besides using a smoke bomb?

Stormpen
08-30-2010, 08:10 AM
1.How long will the PC version be delayed?

2.Is stealth still part of the gameplay structure?

PhiIs1618033
08-30-2010, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stormpen:
1.How long will the PC version be delayed?

2.Is stealth still part of the gameplay structure? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The answer to your first question is in a thread around here Perhaps even in the info thread, but I'm not sure.

KCizzll
08-30-2010, 03:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathgrim666:
only question i can think of is:

1.Is there another way to get a humiliation kill besides using a smoke bomb? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^ This.

magesupermaster
08-30-2010, 03:43 PM
I wish Brotherhood was more stealthier like the first AC.

Gathering information and then waiting for the perfect moment to assassinate your target.

Revan-Risinger
08-30-2010, 07:37 PM
I have one question. -Will we be able to take off Ezio's armor? After we upgrade to the highest form of armor, can we take it off to where he looks like he did at the beginning at the game?

PlagueDoctor357
08-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Ezio looks down at the suit covered in rubble during the trailer. Thinks ok I don't have time and hops out the wall.

He then gets shot.

So if he doesn't have it, logic says someone went in and took it while he was gone.

Haha.

Raghsak
08-30-2010, 10:03 PM
How long will the Single Player game be, on average?

I'd be extremely if they turned this into the next CoD by taking a great single player game, then skimping the single player in favor of the multiplayer. Some of us don't care about multiplayer!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter</span>

austin128
08-31-2010, 02:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raghsak:

I'd be extremely if they turned this into the next CoD by taking a great single player game, then skimping the single player in favor of the multiplayer. Some of us don't care about multiplayer! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They said about 15 hours playing it through without doing anything else. I bet it might be a little shorter than AC2, but not much (I spent like 32 hours on AC2 and all its DLC).

EzioAssassin51
08-31-2010, 04:42 AM
Is Ezio the only one who can swim or can guards swim too?

Stormpen
08-31-2010, 04:44 AM
AC:B is a spin-off game. So maybe it won't be as long as AC or ACII.

sanjose_911
08-31-2010, 10:54 AM
The graphics of single player seems to be upgraded comparing to AC2. Will it have also dx10 or 11 effects, which were missing in ac2?

Twostein
08-31-2010, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raghsak:

I'd be extremely ****ed if they turned this into the next CoD by taking a great single player game, then skimping the single player in favor of the multiplayer. Some of us don't care about multiplayer! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They said about 15 hours playing it through without doing anything else. I bet it might be a little shorter than AC2, but not much (I spent like 32 hours on AC2 and all its DLC). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in this interview,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKcZhpszqg

they say "up to 20 hours singleplayer"

magesupermaster
08-31-2010, 11:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Twostein:

I'd be extremely ****ed if they turned this into the next CoD by taking a great single player game, then skimping the single player in favor of the multiplayer. Some of us don't care about multiplayer! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They said about 15 hours playing it through without doing anything else. I bet it might be a little shorter than AC2, but not much (I spent like 32 hours on AC2 and all its DLC). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in this interview,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKcZhpszqg

they say "up to 20 hours singleplayer" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At first they said the single player would be about 15 hours of main storyline.

Maybe it will be about 20 hours with everything...

souNdwAve89
08-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is a WHOLE GAME. They treat it as one, but it's not apart of the numbered series. It is just a spin off game like how there are spin off games on handheld devices for Altair and Ezio.

AC: B will have 15 hours of single player, BUT that doesn't include DLC or side missions. The chances of it being shorter than 15 hours is possible since you are only in Rome. Although Rome is 3x the size of Florence, it might get a little boring. Unless each district is distinctly different from one another. The AC series has the potential to get better with each game release.

EzioAssassin51
09-01-2010, 01:37 AM
The chances of it being shorter than 15 hours is possible since you are only in Rome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but i lol'd. I highly doubt it will be any shorter than 15 hours, especially considering the new stuff being put in etc. etc.

Raghsak
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
So when they say 15 hours, they mean if you like, rush through the game?

I'm just hoping its similar to the length of AC2, at least to get the platinum trophy for it.

I'm already having nerd-gasms over the gameplay videos being released and I'm working out ways to get into the beta without ever coming within 100 yards of a gamestop.

souNdwAve89
09-02-2010, 01:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
The chances of it being shorter than 15 hours is possible since you are only in Rome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but i lol'd. I highly doubt it will be any shorter than 15 hours, especially considering the new stuff being put in etc. etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

New stuff as in the Borgia towers and assassination contracts? Those don't really count since they are optional unless stated else where. Meaning that the game being 15 hours or shorter is still possible.

thekyle0
09-02-2010, 04:01 PM
I have two questions for the OP.

When is this interview supposed to take place and when will you publish it? Or has Ubisoft asked that you not say when?

Are you aware that the link is broken? Whenever I click on it I am given a message saying the page was not found and I am redirected to your website's home page.

SBRedFlag
09-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm beginning to think that there will be no interview and it was just a ploy to get traffic to his site...

Feel free to prove me wrong though, Paladin.

Deathgrim666
09-02-2010, 06:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
I'm beginning to think that there will be no interview and it was just a ploy to get traffic to his site...

Feel free to prove me wrong though, Paladin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who cares lol

austin128
09-02-2010, 06:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathgrim666:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:

Feel free to prove me wrong though, Paladin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who cares lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I do! The community is asking questions game sites aren't!

KCizzll
09-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Those are the questions that typically get dodged so don't hold your breath.

Elbrujo1978
09-02-2010, 10:57 PM
1.We will have more of Adam and Eve and the video of Truth?
2.There will be more videos like the truth?
3.There will be glyphs in AC: B?

austin128
09-03-2010, 12:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cronstintein:
Those are the questions that typically get dodged so don't hold your breath. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I mean there are also some more practical gameplay questions that big-time-people wouldn't think to ask, like bullet damage and the like.

BS PALADIN
09-07-2010, 05:40 AM
The interview will be in 2 parts. The forst 5 questions have been sent. The next 5 will be sent shortly. We are still waiting on the answers for the first 5 questions. When we have them we will post the link in here.

I can do nothing about the delay.

AMuppetMatt
09-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Thankyou very much Paladin... that's fantastic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EzioAssassin51
09-08-2010, 04:16 AM
Why not, instead of picking them in order, pick the ones you think are best or have been seconded/voted for like the Bullet Damage one and the Jesper Kyd (sp?) one?

Murcuseo
09-08-2010, 04:52 AM
Any chance of getting a list of the questions you've submitted?

danbona
09-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Gidday
Anyone knows why they left out the sequence 11, 12 in AC2 (xbox). Will they try not to leave things out like this in AC B.

EzioAssassin51
09-08-2010, 08:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danbona:
Gidday
Anyone knows why they left out the sequence 11, 12 in AC2 (xbox). Will they try not to leave things out like this in AC B. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please post in the appropriate threads (use the search button or just browse about)

Thanks and welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

austin128
09-08-2010, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danbona:
Gidday
Anyone knows why they left out the sequence 11, 12 in AC2 (xbox). Will they try not to leave things out like this in AC B. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They released those as DLC.

danbona
09-11-2010, 10:55 PM
What do you mean use the appropriate thread. I searched through the threads & this seems to be relevant, although the fact that dev dont seem to answer questions for some games, so im also asking fans. Yes, it's dlc, and, im sorry if i cant find the answer, or its been explained before, but Y, is it dlc? im not one for it. its complicated, like i bought the white version AC2, and found out i have to play it live for Templars lair, and F that, im not ready to play it all over again. Maybe since you all been here for a while could of been a bit more helpful and linked me to the appropriate thread

UBOSOFT-Gamer
09-12-2010, 06:09 AM
But is this may a hint for the next setting of AC3? Like AC3 plays in one of the cities or in some?

Also, i would like to know why the Devs choose THESE cities you can send your assassins brothers.
I don't think they choose it randomly.

Btw what i notice is there are some cities in the map which aren't named and 2 cities which are named, but not marked in the map

Does somebody know, if cities are more availbel as further you get into Brotherhood?

Florence, Venice, Barcelona, Rome, London, Lisbon and Cologne are named and marked on the map.

Constantinople is name but not marked.

Vienna isn't named, but marked and a city at the polish-urkanian border, which could be Lubaczˇw, Lukawiec, Nahachiv, Hlynytsi or anyother city in that region....

Also Paris marked, but not named.

And a city marked but not named. According google earth, that city would lay in the tyrrhenina sea between sardina and italy homeland....
Another city which is marked but named would lay in the ionian sea, west of greece...

AND what city is CALICUT?!
The only city in the world - according wikipedia would be Kozhikode in India?!

Kozhikode, also known as Calicut, is a city in the southern Indian state of Kerala.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kozhikode

Is it possible that Ezio send his Assasins to India?

austin128
09-12-2010, 11:15 AM
What do you mean use the appropriate thread. I searched through the threads & this seems to be relevant, although the fact that dev dont seem to answer questions for some games, so im also asking fans. Yes, it's dlc, and, im sorry if i cant find the answer, or its been explained before, but Y, is it dlc? im not one for it. its complicated, like i bought the white version AC2, and found out i have to play it live for Templars lair, and F that, im not ready to play it all over again. Maybe since you all been here for a while could of been a bit more helpful and linked me to the appropriate thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It was DLC because supposedly the developers didn't get those done in time.
Hope that helps! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

paisepatruuna
09-13-2010, 01:26 PM
are there going to be any new weapons because all weapons that i have seen in trailers and demos are in ac2? (sorry for bad englishhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

MolochXX
09-13-2010, 02:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paisepatruuna:
are there going to be any new weapons because all weapons that i have seen in trailers and demos are in ac2? (sorry for bad englishhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The crossbow?

EzioAssassin51
09-14-2010, 05:03 AM
Poison darts?

paisepatruuna
09-14-2010, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MolochXX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paisepatruuna:
are there going to be any new weapons because all weapons that i have seen in trailers and demos are in ac2? (sorry for bad englishhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The crossbow? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i mean like swords and short blades ect

acg91495
09-14-2010, 04:01 PM
in the new AC can you equip weapons like the spears and two handed axes/swords

Deathgrim666
09-14-2010, 04:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by acg91495:
in the new AC can you equip weapons like the spears and two handed axes/swords </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You will be able to.

tyrce111
09-15-2010, 07:07 AM
I'm prety that the ability to reply levels is confirmed...
Any chance of confirming split screen and co-op?
Will there be multi weapon combos e.g. Stab with sword-then slash throught with dagger?
Me and my bro were annoyed with the time it took to switch weapons.
I don't think I have seen Ezio do a roll with his crossbow on his back. How will that work, wouldn't it break?
And will carrying 2 hander weapons slow Ezio down while free running?
I like the idea of throwing a spear at someone( saw it in the new trailer)I presume we will be able to retrieve them.
Will Ezio get an armoury to store his weapons and what new armours will be available for him to buy?(I've only heard about the Helmchmied Draken Armour.)

NewBlade200
09-15-2010, 09:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
I'm prety that the ability to reply levels is confirmed...
Any chance of confirming split screen and co-op?
Will there be multi weapon combos e.g. Stab with sword-then slash throught with dagger?
Me and my bro were annoyed with the time it took to switch weapons.
I don't think I have seen Ezio do a roll with his crossbow on his back. How will that work, wouldn't it break?
And will carrying 2 hander weapons slow Ezio down while free running?
I like the idea of throwing a spear at someone( saw it in the new trailer)I presume we will be able to retrieve them.
Will Ezio get an armoury to store his weapons and what new armours will be available for him to buy?(I've only heard about the Helmchmied Draken Armour.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>there will be a multi-player co-op mode where you work with another player to confuse and eliminate targets, but no offline co-op has been confirmed.
you can use the sword and gun at the same time, and they brought back the knife+throwing knives combo, and i have seen in a developer diary or trailer that ezio can cut his enemies throat with the hidden blade and stab his enemey with his sword, but its unlikely that you can use it outside of counters and combos.
perhaps the crossbow is lined with metal, like its custom-made for ezio.
i dont think ubi will punish you down because of your preffered weapons.
i like the idea of throwing weapons too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif i think you will only be able to throw weapons that you disarm or pick up from enemies.
he will get an armoury and base at tiber island. the only armour i know about is also the draken armour, although its a safe bet that the leather armour will make an apperance.
hope this helped http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

tyrce111
09-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Parachutes were mentioned when the game was first confirmed, then I heard it had been changed to a mini glider.
Can any of these be confirmed or could any of you explain the rolls these will have in the game?

EzioAssassin51
09-16-2010, 05:21 AM
I second the confirmation, but if you look at the interview here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3261027288), it mentions the parachute, so i'm guessing it's just parachute. As for the role, it'll be to help Ezio land a fall that could potentially kill him.

I'm more interested in when we will see it in action...

It'll most likely be shown in a gameplay trailer released just before the game release, probably after the BETA!

At least i hope so...

tyrce111
09-16-2010, 08:53 AM
I do hope we can carry this around for a while if not optionaly permenant.

Murcuseo
09-17-2010, 01:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
I do hope we can carry this around for a while if not optionaly permenant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the interview EA51 linked you it says that due to its design the parachute can only be used once before you need to restock on the appropriate parts from shops around Rome to be able to use it again.

KrYpToNiC95
09-18-2010, 08:28 AM
Will they re-introduce the crowds of AC1. there were more NPC's around and their reactions were wonderful they would run and scream when guards would fall off buildings. In AC2 they would walk pass like idiots. Will they bring back larger crowds like in AC1 because AC2 felt like a ghost town when roaming the streets. Will they also bring back the throwing stones if you run away from a beggar and climb a building. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

tyrce111
09-18-2010, 11:27 PM
I sortof miss the ruthless slaughter that occured in AC1, I wouldn't go around killing everyone, I just miss it and think it's unrealistic when words apear saying Ezio did not kill civilians.
I also think that children should roam Rome, petrucio couldn't have been theonly child in Italy.
It could also intoduce a new type of side missions.
"Oh no, Mr Ezio could you please get our frisby out of that tree or off of that building?"
They could repay you by decreasing your notority or going around ripping down wanted posters.
So when you complete all of the missions you can no longer become wanted in Rome.
That could work.

Roakeru
09-19-2010, 04:45 AM
There has been over a month now from the last Q&A session and i wonder if there will be a new session and when

NewBlade200
09-19-2010, 12:13 PM
i wanna know if the amount of potential mini-assassins is endless, or if you eventually run out of those rebels? oh and whens the next Q&A???

Oatkeeper
09-19-2010, 02:11 PM
I also think that children should roam Rome, petrucio couldn't have been theonly child in Italy.
It could also intoduce a new type of side missions.
"Oh no, Mr Ezio could you please get our frisby out of that tree or off of that building?"
They could repay you by decreasing your notority or going around ripping down wanted posters.
So when you complete all of the missions you can no longer become wanted in Rome.
That could work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I actually like this idea, children in need, or show off some of his awesome tricks for quick pocket change (i doupt they got significant allowances) or small favors like information about parts of districts.

Im not saying bring back full-on investigation missions, but having a few optional quests for info that could help in assassination or hints to flag locations ect. would be great.

HannahCrazy
09-20-2010, 09:30 AM
My questions are:

1. Is Ezio going to shave off his beard? I think they made him such a beautiful character, you should be able to see his face.

2. If one of the members of your brotherhood dies, will you be able to recruit another to take it's place, or will you be left with what you've got?

3. What happens if all the members of your brotherhood dies? Will you be on your own then?

4.Is Rome going to be the only city you can be in? Can you no longer go to Florence, Venice, Monteriggioni (I know it gets destroyed), San Gimignano or ForlÝ?

5. Is Alta´rs armor permanently destroyed? I saw in a trailer that Ezio wears one that looks like it, but he could've made one that's only similar, but not Alta´rs.

6. Will all archers be replaced by riflemen?

7. How is the difficulty going to decrease/increase since the previous game?

8. Who's going to compose the soundtrack to this one?

9. How many times can you die in Multiplayer? Is there a limit per game of multiplayer? Or if you die, say 20 times in all the games, do you have to start from scratch, if there is such a thing as levels?

10. How many Developer Diaries will there be?

11. How many different characters can you choose from in Multiplayer?

12. Will there be another flashback to Alta´r, or is it purely Ezio?

13. Does Ezio get any children in this one, and if he does, then with whom?

Those are the questions I have right now. I'll post others if I have any http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

extrememuffin
09-20-2010, 12:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HannahCrazy:
My questions are:

1. Is Ezio going to shave off his beard? I think they made him such a beautiful character, you should be able to see his face.

2. If one of the members of your brotherhood dies, will you be able to recruit another to take it's place, or will you be left with what you've got?

3. What happens if all the members of your brotherhood dies? Will you be on your own then?

4.Is Rome going to be the only city you can be in? Can you no longer go to Florence, Venice, Monteriggioni (I know it gets destroyed), San Gimignano or ForlÝ?

5. Is Alta´rs armor permanently destroyed? I saw in a trailer that Ezio wears one that looks like it, but he could've made one that's only similar, but not Alta´rs.

9. How many times can you die in Multiplayer? Is there a limit per game of multiplayer? Or if you die, say 20 times in all the games, do you have to start from scratch, if there is such a thing as levels?

10. How many Developer Diaries will there be?

Those are the questions I have right now. I'll post others if I have any http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i just thought of this. Ezio must have some children of his own because Desmond (correct me if im wrong) is related to Ezio and since Ezio is the only surviving member (after his uncles death) then he must have a child.

AnthonyA85
09-20-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm not a developer (God i wish i were :P) but several of these quoted questions from Hannah have already been confirmed by ubisoft in dev diaries or interviews, so i'll just answer what i know from those. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HannahCrazy:
My questions are: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing that as soon as we've reached our recruit quota, the 'Save Citizen' side missions will dissapear, but as soon as a brotherhood member dies, there will be a vancancy, and those missions will re-appear.

See previous answer. If we couldn't replace recruits we'd lost, there'd be no piont in having a brotherhood :P

For the duration of the main story, yes, pretty much stuck in rome, but we will apparently have one-off side missions in other locations.

We're not sure. Personally, I'm hoping we can get it back, but we might be able to get it back near the end of the game, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

They have said that the AI will be more agressive this time round, with multiple enemies attacking you at once (this happens to me in AC1 when I get cornered.)

Jasper Kyd, the same guy who did the soundtracks for AC 1 and 2 has already been confirmed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm (and the cumunity) are pretty sure it'll work like it does in single player, you just respawn at the last checkpiont/at a safe location.

[/B]10. How many Developer Diaries will there be?[/B]

Probably no more than 3, since the game gets released on console in november, and we're almost done with september, we'll proabbly get the last one on the 10th, or 11th of October.

The total at the moment is about 9 i think, but they still might add some.

I hope so, but i doubt it. that flashback ended with Altair concieving his first child with Maria, which is why Desmond was stuck with her when it ended. And he realized that when he said "...I'm stuck here with Maria? Oh s**t...that must mean...." :P

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Rosa, since they aparently are involved at the start of the game.

EzioAssassin51
09-20-2010, 07:57 PM
I might just answer some of the questions Anthony got wrong or i need to fix up:

I doubt it, but we'll have to see. I don't think they will seeing as it represents Ezio's maturity and how he has grown from a normal assassin to a master (I mean look at Al Mualim's beard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

Rome is the only Free-Roam city, but there will be one off main story missions in places like Naples etc. Forli, Florence and Rome are confirmed MP maps with more to come, most likely also Venice!

I don't think we will, because it looked pretty smashed, but i'm pretty sure we will get another super armour which is just as awesome, if not, more!

From what we've seen, on rooftops, Archers are being replaced by Riflemen and Crossbow-men, but Archers will be on boats and most likly in other places as well. They are not completely thrown out of the game!

There is no limit, but you can unlock new things like Perks, abilities and skins. I'm guessing that will be the levelling system.

At the moment, there are 10 skins (excluding the Harlequin and the Officer), but UBI said there will be around 15 - 30 characters all up, plus you can unlock customizable skins as well!

I highly doubt it, because Alty's was just to show how his legacy was continued, so i don't think it will be back! But there might be another one, but i can't think of any valid reason for there to be!

It's possible he will (i wouldn't mind that as an ending scene for Ezio, but it would seem too calm for an ending scene, nothing like the WTF of AC2), and if he does, who knows who it will be with. It probably won't be Rosa, who is the thief from Venice, but it is possible it will be Caterina Sforza, who Ezio was sleeping with before the siege of Monterrigiorni.
We will just have to see.

Sorry Anthony, but you got a couple wrong there, especially the Rosa one!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AnthonyA85
09-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Oh well, guess i can't get 'em all right. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

But in the opening cutscene of the siege, are you sure that's not Rosa he's in bed with?

EzioAssassin51
09-21-2010, 02:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
Oh well, guess i can't get 'em all right. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

But in the opening cutscene of the siege, are you sure that's not Rosa he's in bed with? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, yes! Listen carefully to her voice, and what her hair looks like, and look at her at the end when someone is holding her arms behind her, and you will see it's Caterina Sforza! Even look it up on the Assassin's Creed Wiki...

"Caterina and Ezio's relationship was more intimate as of 1499, as they were sleeping together, when Monteriggioni was attacked and destroyed by Cesare Borgia and his men. Caterina was captured by Cesare's men during the attack."

JohnConnor2012
09-21-2010, 04:11 AM
Well, that's a relationship that won't end well, at least if it follows history...

Kind of interesting that riflemen have replaced archers, geberally speaking. Through the back door, guns have suddenly got preetty commonplace in ACB - first Ezio's little thing, then Cesare Borgia's, than a whole class of guards. Seems we're even promised a Leonardo-invented machine gun on a Borgia war wagon next...

Wonder if Ubi are going to be vaguely realistic about reload times (esp. with those rifled gun barrels) - one reason archery persisted so long, despite bows needing a lot more skill to use effectively.

EzioAssassin51
09-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Don't forget, Archers aren't completely gone. They are still on boats, and plus, there are crossbow men on rofftops now!

AnthonyA85
09-22-2010, 09:39 AM
This has been bugging me for a week or so now that i've replayed both AC 1 and 2,

My question is regarding the sync bar.

In AC1 it regenerated when you weren't in a fight, but if you were in a fight, it did NOT, now, in AC2, Ezio can take a couple of meds when his health is low in the middle of a brawl, and he's back up to full strength, that's why ezio rarely dies in fights, (Altair's Armor also helped with that, which i'm guessing is the main reason we loose it.)

So, my question is this:

Has the sync bar/health system been properly altered, as to restrict Ezio from taking meds in the middle of a fight? In AC1, you had to be careful with your health, if it got too low, you either had to mass-counter kill, or flee, in order to survive, in AC2, survival wasn't even a worry. Has this been fixed?

EzioAssassin51
09-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Good thinking actually Anthony! I never thought of not being able to take them in battle...

AnthonyA85
09-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Actually, that's probably why many thought AC2 was too easy. Not bieng able to take meds during a fight, and having to once again keep an eye on your health, will make things more challenging again.