PDA

View Full Version : Slow-motion

an-assassin
08-19-2011, 05:13 AM
Hi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

do you guys know if slow-motion can be turned of? Because although it is cool, I think that it will get a little annoying for a full game.

an-assassin
08-19-2011, 05:13 AM
Hi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

do you guys know if slow-motion can be turned of? Because although it is cool, I think that it will get a little annoying for a full game.

Dralight
08-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Well i don't think anythings been mentioned as to whether or not it can be turned off yet, but i don't really mind if we can't disable it.
Maybe we'll be able to reduce how often slow motion kills happen, like the way we can reduce action camera frequency in current games?

SixKeys
08-19-2011, 05:20 AM
I certainly hope so. I didn't like the move they showed in the demo, it just looked weird, and seems like it would slow down the flow of combat.

ProletariatPleb
08-19-2011, 05:51 AM
Guys, if you haven't noticed, the slow motion will only happen if you're killing the LAST enemy present in the area.

EDDS
08-19-2011, 07:20 AM
I like the slow mo, actually looks pretty cool.

LumZi
08-20-2011, 02:07 AM
I think Assassin's Creed needs some slow motion, so yeah, I think it will be cool.

dxsxhxcx
08-20-2011, 06:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:
Guys, if you haven't noticed, the slow motion will only happen if you're killing the LAST enemy present in the area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just because it'll only happen during the last kill doesn't mean they need to like it...

ProletariatPleb
08-20-2011, 07:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:
Guys, if you haven't noticed, the slow motion will only happen if you're killing the LAST enemy present in the area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just because it'll only happen during the last kill doesn't mean they need to like it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're missing the point, I was saying in accordance with SixKeys saying it'll slow down the flow of combat...my point is..if it's the last enemy, then it can't slow down the flow of combat...as no one else would be left to fight in that area.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

just because it'll only happen during the last kill doesn't mean they need to like it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're missing the point, I was saying in accordance with SixKeys saying it'll slow down the flow of combat...my point is..if it's the last enemy, then it can't slow down the flow of combat...as no one else would be left to fight in that area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. I would also not be surprised if it immediately cuts out of slow-mo if another enemy sees you while performing the last kill.

ProletariatPleb
08-20-2011, 09:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

You're missing the point, I was saying in accordance with SixKeys saying it'll slow down the flow of combat...my point is..if it's the last enemy, then it can't slow down the flow of combat...as no one else would be left to fight in that area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. I would also not be surprised if it immediately cuts out of slow-mo if another enemy sees you while performing the last kill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, but I would think they'd sync it with those detection meters shown above guards, like Slow mo will only trigger if there is no detection meter around the area...plus I think guards will be a bit more organized as we can see their patrol paths with Eagle Sense, so no random guards will pop-up...

Altair661
08-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Wait, there's actually going to be slo-mo kills? I thought that was just an effect from the trailer.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 03:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
Wait, there's actually going to be slo-mo kills? I thought that was just an effect from the trailer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There's a slo-mo kill for the last enemy you kill of whatever combat you're in.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
08-20-2011, 05:23 PM
There probably only doing it to make the last kill look nice.

Assassin_M
08-20-2011, 05:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:
There probably only doing it to make the last kill look nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!

Altair661
08-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Oh, well thats weird. Will probably get repetitive.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 07:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
Oh, well thats weird. Will probably get repetitive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not anymore than fighting in general.

Inorganic9_2
08-31-2011, 01:56 AM
It could function as a "heightened awareness" thing to give you more time to spot a better escape route. We'll have to see. Though I can also see how it could become annoying.