PDA

View Full Version : low fps

JustinBuhagiar
03-26-2011, 07:05 AM
I have a QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650, 3000 MHz (9 x 333)
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (1024 MB)
1.5TB hard drive
win7 64-bit
all up to date drives and AS:B runs with 15-23fps

how can i solve this problem

JustinBuhagiar
03-26-2011, 07:05 AM
1.5TB hard drive
win7 64-bit

how can i solve this problem

KingDaniel0
03-26-2011, 07:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JustinBuhagiar:
1.5TB hard drive
win7 64-bit

how can i solve this problem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On what in-game VIDEO/Graphic settings and Screen Resolution, do you get the above said FPS values ??

Actually your Video Card i.e. the 9600GT is not a very high-end GPU, though the game does support it. And how much RAM do you have on your OS ?

First try to disable/lower down and turn Off VSYNC and MultiSampling/AA, Shadows at the game's Graphic Options. You can try launching the game under 'Windows XP SP2 Compatibility Mode', and see if this makes any in-game fps difference or not ? As you have a Quad-CPU, so have you also tried playing the game on 2 CPU cores ? (though this won't be always necessary.....).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JustinBuhagiar
03-26-2011, 07:32 AM
my ram is 4gb and i tried running the game on the lowest graphics and still low fps and i tried running it in xp mode and do it in 2cores

FXben
03-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi,
I have had to reduce settings on my system to get a playable framerate (32 - 50fps (avg around 40fps)) which I thought I wouldn't of had to do with my spec's and although my game as it plays now is fine I still get frame drops down to around 22fps when things get busy. (luckily my game run's smooth at this fps), but really...shouldn't my setting's be maxed and at least with x4-AA and x16-AF???

Game settings:
1920 x 1080, 60Hz
x2 AA
Vsync Off
Environment Q 4
Texture Q 3
Shadow Q 1
Reflection Q High
Character Q 5
Post effects On

PC spec's :
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
ASUS Sabertooth x58
2 HD 5750's in Xfire
6GB Mushkin Redline Ridgeback DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24
Corsair H50 Water-Cooling CPU Cooler

Any idea's please?

KingDaniel0
03-28-2011, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FXben:
Hi,
I have had to reduce settings on my system to get a playable framerate (32 - 50fps (avg around 40fps)) which I thought I wouldn't of had to do with my spec's ------------
PC spec's :
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
2 HD 5750's in Xfire
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you are having the Core i7 CPU, just make sure TURBO Mode and HT is enabled in BIOS, so that the CPU can overclock by itself. For example, if you are using a Core i7 with 4 cores, and the game you are using uses only a Single core, the other three cores will turn off, reducing the heat produced by your processor, allowing the only running core to be automatically 'Overclocked' for higher performance. So give this a try, for higher single threaded performance. It increases Frequency of the CPU when not all cores are in use. This makes it more efficient.

You have tried playing the game by disabling CrossFireX, and on a single GPU ? Though your PC specs are pretty much fine...This fps drop could also be due to a Memory leak. Actually AA/Multisampling is a performance killer, and based on your in-game Screen Resolution and Graphic settings, 40Fps is OK. Though it's little hard to say this, because it depends on the game's engine, as well as the Hardware the game is being played on.......BTW, is Brotherhood's FPS capped and locked at 60 fps ??

Maybe you are already aware of this, but some tweaks you can try to get some Fps boost. Though doing all this does not always guarantee a performance gain.

* Try to Enable the setting Catalyst A.I. under ATI's CCC, and set it to the 'Advanced' option on the slider for maximum performance, and make sure ALL the settings under the 3D section (AA, AF etc.), are set to the 'Use application settings' Option.

* Also click on the 'Standard Settings' Option, and move the slider all the way to the left, and set it to 'PERFORMANCE' Mode, and then check for any in-game FPS difference. You can increase the slider back to 'Quality' Mode, if you experience any in-game Visual anomalies/artifacts.

* You can also use this tool i.e. 'RadeonPro', to set some Game profile tweaks, or CrossfireX/Overclocking settings if you like. With Crossfire forced ON using RadeonPro tool (via the AFR-friendly D3D profile), you might get an 'FPS boost'. Give this a try.

http://www.radeonpro.info/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tcsnico
03-28-2011, 11:03 AM
uhm a bit lost in all this but if I don't ask I will never learn.
were can you even see the fps?
system info in the sig

KingDaniel0
03-28-2011, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tcsnico:
uhm a bit lost in all this but if I don't ask I will never learn.
were can you even see the fps?
system info in the sig </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can use FRAPS to measure the in-game FPS. By default the F12 key is assigned to measure the fps, i.e. the Overlay Display Hotkey, and when you press this button/key it will 'Toggle' the frame rate counter between the four corners and off, on your Monitor's Screen.....

To change the Hotkey, click in the box and type a new key to be assigned this function. Clicking Disable will stop the Hotkey from having any effect.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

tcsnico
03-28-2011, 01:10 PM
haha got yellow ticking in the left top corner http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I would say 30 for this short trial time that same as pal at 29,95 I would say