PDA

View Full Version : Is PACIFIC FIGHTERS compatible with VISTA?

Doolittle81
05-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Is there an easy Install work-around for Pacific Fighters (out of the retail box) to make it install on VISTA, as there seems to be for 1946? (Usning a file called A.exe on the 1946 Disc, as I understand it).

Doolittle81
05-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Is there an easy Install work-around for Pacific Fighters (out of the retail box) to make it install on VISTA, as there seems to be for 1946? (Usning a file called A.exe on the 1946 Disc, as I understand it).

grndragon57
05-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Try right click-Run as administrator on the install exe[not sure of proper name] this worked on my sons comp.with vista.The only other problem I encountered was that if you didn't use run as admin.on the desktop icon when you start the game it will not recoignize the joystick.Hope this helps.

DmdSeeker
05-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Yes, IL-2 works on vista in all it's forms.

That buisness with using "A.exe" instead of setup.exe has nothing to do with Vista per se, but with what type of drive you're installing from. Setup.exe doesn't like combined read/write burners (I guess as some kind of copy protection); so if your drive doubles as a burner run A.exe instead.