PDA

View Full Version : FB+AEP+PF lockup/hard reboot problem fixed by adding a fan

Tallyho1961
10-30-2004, 02:21 PM
For those, like me, who are suffering with this problem, another thread on the Community Help Forum pointed me in an unexpected direction: heat management. I went out this afternoon, bought a $14 fan, installed it at the back of my case and, incredibly, the problem has disappeared. Prior to installation of the fan, I could not fly for more than five minutes withoutlocking up. Prior to adding PF, I had flown Il2/FB/AEP for a year without a hint of trouble. I have no idea whether, or not, this will work for those of you suffering like I was - but it sure beat a trip to driver hell.

Tallyho1961
10-30-2004, 02:21 PM
For those, like me, who are suffering with this problem, another thread on the Community Help Forum pointed me in an unexpected direction: heat management. I went out this afternoon, bought a $14 fan, installed it at the back of my case and, incredibly, the problem has disappeared. Prior to installation of the fan, I could not fly for more than five minutes withoutlocking up. Prior to adding PF, I had flown Il2/FB/AEP for a year without a hint of trouble. I have no idea whether, or not, this will work for those of you suffering like I was - but it sure beat a trip to driver hell.