PDA

View Full Version : Help registering with hyperlobby

Lowell-Holman
07-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Last night,Sunday, I registered with hyperlobby
providing them with my e-mail address,nick name and left password blank as instructed. Hit the new user button and waited for a message in my
e-mail for more instructions. No message has
ever arrived. I have tried to re-register but
get a message that my e-mail address is already on record and won,t let me go any farther. I can,t find any support numbers or any e-mail
addresses for hyperlobby.Does anybody have a
way to contact hyperlobby so I can get this matter resolved?

dy have

Lowell-Holman
07-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Last night,Sunday, I registered with hyperlobby
providing them with my e-mail address,nick name and left password blank as instructed. Hit the new user button and waited for a message in my
e-mail for more instructions. No message has
ever arrived. I have tried to re-register but
get a message that my e-mail address is already on record and won,t let me go any farther. I can,t find any support numbers or any e-mail
addresses for hyperlobby.Does anybody have a
way to contact hyperlobby so I can get this matter resolved?

dy have

vocatx
07-18-2005, 11:48 AM
I had some problems when I registered at Hyperlobby. Their instructions are a little vague in some areas. I think it has to do with the fact that english isn't Jeri's native language.

To log on to the Hyperlobby servers you have to register there as well. Even though you have gone to their website and registered, you can't log on until you have done that. It took me several days to figure it out. Go to Hyperlobby's manual on their website and scroll down to step 6. Read and re-read it very carefully. That was where I had my problems. Hope this helps.

Lowell-Holman
07-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Mr Vocatx;
Correct me if I am wrong but I see no connection between #6 in the manual and the
registering on hyperlobby web site. Seems to me
they are two different procedures. How do you log onto the hyperlobby servers without first
registering on the web site? Can't understand
why hyperlobby didn't process my registration
which was completed over the internet.

Wilburnator
07-18-2005, 04:52 PM
I've been playing on and off at Hyperlobby for four years... I've never registered at the HL website. Just go to the HL, type in a name (as long as someone else hasn't claimed it), type in a password you'll remember and hit join. You'll be asked to confirm your password in chat box, then you'll be asked to enter your email in the the chat as well. Done deal.

Lowell-Holman
07-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Whats the link to the HL? Thanks

vocatx
07-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Go here: http://hyperfighter.sk/

Download Hyperlobby Client (from the menu on the left of the page). This will take you to Hyperlobby. When you get there click on "connect". You will then have to enter a user name and password. It may take a couple of choices before you find one that isn't already used. By the way, if you have a firewall up, you will have to allow Hyperlobby in or turn off your firewall, but DON'T turn off your anti-virus. I turn off Norton's Internet Security, but I leave the anti-virus up. I'm also behind a router.

Also, you may want to download teamspeak for use in servers. If you do decide to use Teamspeak, make sure you pick a name that is easy to pronounce or understand. I'm still paying for using "tx" instead of "tex". (My user name is my home town, Voca, Texas. Some people don't get the "tx" part....). If you have trouble getting Teamspeak working, post back or PM me, I've got a great tutorial that TOAD did for me when I started. Teamspeak REALLY adds to the enjoyment of flying on-line.

Lowell-Holman
07-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Mr. Vocatx (Voca,Texas)
Thanks for helping me through this little
problem. Clicking on Hyperlobby Client
brings up (3) possible downloads. Since I am not
familiar with any of them which one do I download (1) TXSquardon (2)Virtual Pilots
Game Server (3) Bellum Please keep in mind
this is one of my first tries at playing against
other players online. Do I download all three
or is one of the three enough? Teamspeak sounds
very appealing and will get back to you once
I feel comfortable with online game play. Any
suggestions where a new player can go to find
help on how to play online? Thanks ,Lowell